PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Recommendations (US) - 2003 RS6

ostercw
July 11th, 2010, 23:27
I've owned my RS6 for a little less than a year. 74k on the odometer. ECU is chipped. May need transmission work.

Any recommendations for an after-market warranty?

DHall1
July 11th, 2010, 23:30
So you want to buy an extended warranty now that you may have a transmission issue?

I've owned my RS6 for a little less than a year. 74k on the odometer. ECU is chipped. May need transmission work.

ostercw
July 11th, 2010, 23:52
I want one regardless. Unfortunately, I think I can expect transmission repairs in the near future (I may not however). I've been told that most RS6's are prone to torque converter failure within mine's mileage range.

SAFE4NOW
July 12th, 2010, 01:23

You have PM sir, Protective ( Total Service Protection ) with the Deluxe coverage ( due to miles ) would be my first choice. I've had my contract since I purchased the car and have more than doubled the purchase price with repairs already, and I still have 1.5 yrs left and 15k miles +/-

Steve

4everRS
July 12th, 2010, 01:28
Anyone else having de ja vue ?
So you want to buy an extended warranty now that you may have a transmission issue?

V8weight
July 12th, 2010, 05:02
Anyone else having de ja vue ?
Yeah, that's not a good scene. But at any rate, I've had nothing but good experiences with my Zurich comprehensive warranty.

ostercw
July 13th, 2010, 03:19
Anyone have experience with Genuine Warranty or the broker Warranty 4 Wheels? They were recommended on another post I read on another Audi site. The quote looked pretty good and fairly comprehensive.