PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Tremble when engine load is increasing

audibiturbo
July 10th, 2010, 18:18
Hello, All

My car is almost hit 70,000 miles on it

For 1 year, I am trying to figure out the problem with trembling.

I replace suspension, Tires, whole set of Control Arm kit, and Driveshaft, spark Plug, Coil pack,

every thing related engine load..

However, i am still had problem with Trembling

When I press accelator to increase speed-up, car makes tremble with vaibration from Steering wheel

Anyone had experience of trembling RS6??

Please help :mech:

JSRS6
July 10th, 2010, 18:51
Has it ever been in any kind of accident? Do you notice if the power is reduced(less acceleration) during the trembling? How bad does the steering wheel shake, and does it tremble evenly, or does the car pull to either side?

V8weight
July 10th, 2010, 21:03
Do you have access to a Vag-com? It sounds like you may have a bad engine mount. Over time they deteriorate and the fluid leaks out, which is purplish in color. It will store a dtc, but will not illuminate a check engine light. It would have a stored code along the lines of engine mount solenoid short circuit.

ben916
July 10th, 2010, 23:54
What about the DRC? Has that been replaced?
upon checking my service records, the DRC has been replaced..... along with the entire steering column... 2 times...

DHall1
July 11th, 2010, 00:28
+1

engine mounts or trans mount

Do you have access to a Vag-com? It sounds like you may have a bad engine mount. Over time they deteriorate and the fluid leaks out, which is purplish in color. It will store a dtc, but will not illuminate a check engine light. It would have a stored code along the lines of engine mount solenoid short circuit.

JSRS6
July 11th, 2010, 03:32
Ok, I had no idea our cars had sensors in the engine mounts. I love this amazing machine more and more every day.

audibiturbo
July 11th, 2010, 04:36
Has it ever been in any kind of accident? Do you notice if the power is reduced(less acceleration) during the trembling? How bad does the steering wheel shake, and does it tremble evenly, or does the car pull to either side?

it had no accident for this car, and power is same during the trembling. but when the trembling, steering wheel shake, and whole car is trembling.

audibiturbo
July 11th, 2010, 04:38

I checked the Vag-Com, it had no fault code, and there is no leak on engine Mount, possible to going bad engine mount before throwing a fault code?

audibiturbo
July 11th, 2010, 04:39
What about the DRC? Has that been replaced?
upon checking my service records, the DRC has been replaced..... along with the entire steering column... 2 times...

I am using H&R Coilover now, no DRC now, any reason for replace entire steering column?

ben916
July 11th, 2010, 05:31
I am using H&R Coilover now, no DRC now, any reason for replace entire steering column?

when I got this car, I read the service pages (16 pages for 36k miles) and I was slightly alarmed by the steering column being replaced when the DRC and oneis/twois suspension components being replaced. Someone on the forum stated that the replacement of the column was part of the suspension/drc procedure...

RS6Steve
July 11th, 2010, 09:23
Have you hit a hole in the Car? Are your wheels in balance? Are the still true (Round)? Check the inside edge of you front tires!!!!

Edit: Read the post again, seriously check your wheels are not bent!

Elevens
July 11th, 2010, 16:59
Had a similar situation with my Wifes Allroad. A lot Vibration but only under load(acceleration). Not for the life of me could I figure it out. I thought something in the Transmission or the Drive shaft was going bad. Or worse yet something in the engine. At any rate I noticed that my out CV joint boots were ripped on both half shafts. So that was a starting point, Replace both front axels. Sent to Raxxels and they sent me a pair of extremely high quality shafts. Put them on and walla!! All vibration was gone. At any load and speed. I know the common symptoms for bad CV joints. But Vibration only under acceleration was new to me. This is just food for thought, but check it out..................................

V8weight
July 11th, 2010, 18:23
Had a similar situation with my Wifes Allroad. A lot Vibration but only under load(acceleration). Not for the life of me could I figure it out. I thought something in the Transmission or the Drive shaft was going bad. Or worse yet something in the engine. At any rate I noticed that my out CV joint boots were ripped on both half shafts. So that was a starting point, Replace both front axels. Sent to Raxxels and they sent me a pair of extremely high quality shafts. Put them on and walla!! All vibration was gone. At any load and speed. I know the common symptoms for bad CV joints. But Vibration only under acceleration was new to me. This is just food for thought, but check it out..................................
Good call.

ben916
July 11th, 2010, 23:23
so does the vibration occur when you start up and are in park?
or only when in Drive or Reverse and moving?

audibiturbo
July 12th, 2010, 05:27
so does the vibration occur when you start up and are in park?
or only when in Drive or Reverse and moving?

Check this out..

I think ALL RS6 had vaibration when RPM is around 2000-3500 RPM during Idlng, i checked several RS6,

please let me know what about your RS6.

So, my opinion is idle vaibration was okay to me... but when car is moving, got trembling..

4everRS
July 12th, 2010, 13:25
???? Please clarify the question. My RS6 doesn't idle at 2000 rpm.
Check this out..

I think ALL RS6 had vaibration when RPM is around 2000-3500 RPM during Idlng, i checked several RS6,

please let me know what about your RS6.

So, my opinion is idle vaibration was okay to me... but when car is moving, got trembling..

audibiturbo
July 12th, 2010, 13:51
???? Please clarify the question. My RS6 doesn't idle at 2000 rpm.

I mean please try press gas pedal to rpm increase uptown 2000-300rpm when gear knob is on "P"

In my case i could feel some trembling,

ben916
July 12th, 2010, 17:52
I hope for your pocketbook, that you are NOT driving it and it is in the shop having that $40k lump of Cosworth aluminum looked at...

4everRS
July 13th, 2010, 04:03
ok. Revved the engine up from idle to 3500 rpm and it was smooth as silk. When I tap the throttle quickly is when there is a bit of shutter but not a big deal.

JSRS6
July 13th, 2010, 14:24
Can you tell at all if it is coming from the front, middle or rear of the car when it happens? I had a problem with the rubber bushing at the center of the drive shaft, or propeller shaft in my S4. When the load was increased, it would begin vibrating at the bushing, the weak point. Bottom line is it seems that there is a weak point that is allowed to vibrate under load. It took me a little while to figure out that it was that bushing. Mine would only happen under acceleration on the road, so you are lucky that it is happening while in park. Put it up on a rack and have someone else give it gas up to the point of trembling, then get under there and pinpoint your problem.

Brav
July 13th, 2010, 17:07
I also vote CV joint. This was the case on several cars I have owned. OR as JSRS6 states, although I have never encountered that but it makes perfect sense.

The next question is, do you feel it more in the steering wheel, or in the seat/pedals? This will tell you if its coming from the front, or rear.

If it were an out of round wheel, you would feel it most at a specific speed, regardless of the accel/decel.

JSRS6
July 13th, 2010, 18:40
I'm going with a tranny or motor mount bushing, as he feels it at a reduced level when IN park. Good luck man.