PDA

View Full Version : genuineaudiparts.com and RS6 rotors

bobski
July 7th, 2010, 23:55
I am taking advice here on the board. I ordered EBC Reds, front and back, from The Parts Bin (although they were $200, a bit more than reported) and I am trying to order front and back rotors from Genuineparts. I can't find the correct model numbers even after using the ones mentioned on this board a few weeks back. Also, I e-mailed them and have not heard back.

Does anyone know how to place an order for the correct parts for US spec. RS6? Is this the best option? I have tried to find some cryogenically treated discs, per an enthusiast friend of mine, but can't find any spec'd to the RS6. Any help?

Thank you.

( And I am going to try to mash on my NAV button to see if it will get unstuck.)

V8weight
July 8th, 2010, 00:17
Here are the part numbers for the US spec drilled rotors. Also, the special lower pricing on the EBC pads only works if you use the actual link in the ebc redstuff thread.
Front left 4B3 615 301 E
Front right 4B3 615 302 A
Rear left 4B3 615 601 C
Rear right 4B3 615 602 A

bobski
July 8th, 2010, 00:28
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. And, I tried those promo codes and they did not work. Perhaps I did something wrong. My plan is to ask the local Audi dealer in Arlington to install this stuff. Anyone have any experience with an Audi dealer willing to do this or does anyone know of a good independent mechanic in the DC area? Thanks again.

JSRS6
August 27th, 2010, 14:21
Bob, did you end up getting your brakes done? I'm hoping so since it was July 7th when you asked for help...

ben916
September 10th, 2010, 07:43
I am taking advice here on the board. I ordered EBC Reds, front and back, from The Parts Bin (although they were $200, a bit more than reported) and I am trying to order front and back rotors from Genuineparts. I can't find the correct model numbers even after using the ones mentioned on this board a few weeks back. Also, I e-mailed them and have not heard back.

Does anyone know how to place an order for the correct parts for US spec. RS6? Is this the best option? I have tried to find some cryogenically treated discs, per an enthusiast friend of mine, but can't find any spec'd to the RS6. Any help?

Thank you.

( And I am going to try to mash on my NAV button to see if it will get unstuck.)

Thanks to Justin... http://www.metal-wear.com/Brakes.html

It would be really cool if one of these OEM retailers would have this done already...
I have searched this forum and not ONE peeps about this (cryogenically)..

Does it really work or no?

JSRS6
September 10th, 2010, 14:46
Hey Bobski, I will be up in Arlington running the mcm the end of october. We should meet up.

JSRS6
September 10th, 2010, 14:50
Ben, I would have to agree that it does work. It has been used extensively in racing transmissions and engines. If this set of rotors I have on now weren't so in need of replacement, I'd send these out. I'll just have to get another set to send out and have ready for the next change.

ben916
September 10th, 2010, 17:12
I am in the perfect position to send my brand new OEM front rotors out but I was hoping that within the last 7 years, someone else was or has been the guinea pig on this one...

JSRS6
September 10th, 2010, 17:19
I hear ya.

4everRS
September 10th, 2010, 17:52
Ben, I would be willing to take a sacrifice and use your new rotors after the cryo treatment on my car and tell you what I think.
I am in the perfect position to send my brand new OEM front rotors out but I was hoping that within the last 7 years, someone else was or has been the guinea pig on this one...