PDA

View Full Version : European forum

TaTaPiRaTa
September 16th, 2003, 19:59
Hi!

Does anybody know link to european forum of the same kind (RS6). I enjoy RS6.com very much but most of messages are from US users (mpg, mp/h, and so on).

I know it will be difficult in english as Germans have their sites in their language :(

Just let me know if you can pls.

fabianflach
September 16th, 2003, 20:07
wich are german rs6 forums ? do you have links ?

TaTaPiRaTa
September 16th, 2003, 20:17
not exactly, I guessed they have some.
I think I have seen something on www.audi4ever.com

let us know if you find anything.

Erik
September 17th, 2003, 19:17
TaTaPiRaTa, the RS6.com server is actually located in Sweden.

I think one of the reason why not so many Germans surf here is becasue the language problem, also I'm not sure if Internet is as widely spread as in Sweden, USA etc.?

I started RS6.com as an international forum. I had an idea about a german subsection, but I ruled it out as a bad idea.
Not even the few German RS6 forum that are available are busy at all. There are hardly no posts at all. I guess they're too busy to drive on the Autobahn, or as I wrote, the culture is different about Internet.

In fact 59% of the people visiting the forum are from Europe.
32% are from the USA.

taipan
September 17th, 2003, 19:34
In terms of percentage of internet users among the local population, Scandinavia is way above the rest of Europe indeed.

But in terms of absolute numbers, Germany has the largest Internet population in Europe with approx 40 millions users, followed by UK with 30 millions and France-Italy on par with 20-25 millions.
In comparison, Sweden has about 7 million users.
(source : Nielsen/Netratings 2002-2003).

Germany and UK are also the largest online markets in terms of online commerce, like easily twice the size of France & Italy.

So no doubt Germans are the strongest internet user group in Europe.
(just try www.mobile.de to check the number of second-hand RS6 for sale, like 200-250 of them, and you'll get the idea of the market size).

I know another forum based in the UK which focuses solely on S and RS models but I'll let other users mention it ;-)

Eric

Erik
September 17th, 2003, 19:42
Originally posted by taipan
So no doubt Germans are the strongest internet user group in Europe.

Conclusion: So they shop but don't chat. ;)
Good for your business. :D

taipan
September 17th, 2003, 19:45
Errr, nope, I didn't say that either :)

www.dooyoo.de and www.ciao.de are the largest user reviews sites in Europe (note : UK users go to US sites for product reviews) so DE users love to write and share opinions online ;-)

Eric

taipan
September 19th, 2003, 14:50
TataPirata,

Try this site where a bunch of Audi sites are listed.

http://www.strictlycars.com/topaudisitesv2/index.html

Looks like most of them of European.

Eric