PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here using the Revo Select Plus?

hahnmgh63
July 6th, 2010, 22:08
I have Revo software in my RS6 & tt and wondering if I can use the Select plus on both cars? Can I buy a used Select plus or does Revo have to reload it with the Software or can I use the Revo Software that is already on my car? It does come with a Revo CD but I'm not sure what's on it? Thank, MGH

Spidercat
July 7th, 2010, 00:10
You can certainly use the same SPS box for both cars. I have for a couple years now with no problems. See the following thread- scroll down to #102: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/16736-REVO-Tune-on-the-03-RS6/page3?highlight=revo+select+a4

Don't know about the used SPS box, but if you could get one used, I would. You should be able to just change the settings on your computer, download it to the box, and then plug the box into the car. Done. I'd be willing to bet that the box can be over-written by your computer software.

If I were you, I'd load up the software on your computer just to make sure. I think the SDS box came with a CD. PM me if you need "back-up" CD (wink-wink, nudge-nudge). I don't recall having to register with a serial number or anything when I first installed the software that came with the box, but it was quite a while ago.

melsas
July 7th, 2010, 01:40
Spidercat:
I'm curious that you can change the A/F setting. Mine will only accept 2 as the setting. This was confirmed by REVO support for RS6.
BTW, I'm going in for REVO Stage II tomorrow. This is not part of dealer's standard package. Dealer must request this file from REVO.
Also dealer must have enough 'credits' with REVO to download the file.This is the 2nd shop for me as the 1st could not quite get their act together.
Hope it works. Supposed to eliminate CEL if pre-cat has been 'modified'.

hahnmgh63
July 7th, 2010, 02:11
Well, it looks like I'm buying it and it does come with the original CD although I don't know if there is different versions of the CD. I plan on gutting my pre-cats also so I am planning on doing the Revo Stage 2. I'm just trying to get myself prepared to attempt to do the pre-cats as I'm sure the downpipes need to be pulled to gut them.

Spidercat
July 7th, 2010, 03:15
Spidercat:
I'm curious that you can change the A/F setting.

To be clear, I cannot change the A/F ratios from the program. I can change the fuel "quality" setting, but that's it. From what I could find the "quality" fuel setting never needs to be changed as long as you're buying fuel from a normal gas station.