PDA

View Full Version : Another try: Anyone want to sell an OEM US spec. NAV system for a US spec 2003 RS6?

bobski
July 4th, 2010, 00:56
Please e-mail me at: perlsbob@gmail.com. I just need the plug in unit as I have a jammed button on mine and it won't power up. Or, if you know how to fix a button on the unit, let me know.

Thanks.

hahnmgh63
July 4th, 2010, 06:21
Are you just looking for the rotary knob in the center console?

ben916
July 4th, 2010, 06:25
mine is toast also, the power button (left side lower, towards the driver's seatbelt attachment) doesn't click nor does it bounce/move/nothing....

JSRS6
July 4th, 2010, 13:32
Mine too! Its like its sitting lower than the other buttons. I have found however, that pushing really hard on the button and moving it around a bit usually gets it started.

yokust
July 4th, 2010, 16:33
I have a set of nav switches from my car, that are in perfect working order

DonS
July 7th, 2010, 18:33
How about wiring a new switch? You could cobble something in the same location or remotely. Its just an on-off switch!

bobski
July 7th, 2010, 23:46
Yeah, it all sounds just like my problem. It is the lower left button, not the rotary knob, toward the driver's seat. I will try mashing on it. I have no idea how to change out the buttons, yokust, so I am not sure how I would use your buttons. If you have an idea, please e-mail off-line. Thanks.

JSRS6
July 16th, 2010, 18:28
:mech:

Here it is:
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21227-DIY-fix-for-navigation-button-not-working-(droopy-button-syndrome)