PDA

View Full Version : new guy on the block in FL

SiLRS6
July 4th, 2010, 00:48
Just sayin what's up. :addict:

Just bought an RS6 in April. Love the car. Took me about 8 months to find one that I wanted.

It is silver, carbon interior with black tails, KW variants, rims, and exhaust with stock tips.

Love IT!

Actually looking to sell the rims and tires if interested. 19x8.5

MaxRS6
July 4th, 2010, 02:14
Welcome aboard the

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/Miltanius/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg

johnnie27
July 4th, 2010, 04:26
Looks great mate , welcome aboard

johnnie

ben916
July 4th, 2010, 06:23
uh, those pipes look like you could stuff 1/2 a watermelon in there!!!!

details on the rims? just rims? rims/tires?
makers?

Ruergard
July 4th, 2010, 09:33
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Nice ride, not really sure about the rims though.

snoopra
July 4th, 2010, 09:43
Welcome! Those are definitely not stock tips, looks like Millteks.:)

JSRS6
July 4th, 2010, 13:29
Yeah, I remember seeing this on autotrader thinking "can't do the rims", lol. Nice gap though... Yeah, those tips are HUGE. Congrats on the beast, where in Florida are ya? I make the occasional trip down.

SiLRS6
July 4th, 2010, 14:25
many thanks

ben916
details on the rims? just rims? rims/tires?
makers?

rims are moda md3 19x8.5 machined and gunmetal with sumotomo 255 40 19

JSRS6

Yeah, I remember seeing this on autotrader thinking "can't do the rims", lol. Nice gap though... Yeah, those tips are HUGE. Congrats on the beast, where in Florida are ya? I make the occasional trip down

That is where I found it as well. I got a great deal on it tho. I am in South Orlando.

I just went to check the exhaust and I found a really good pic of a milltek exhaust installed. I think it is full milltek exhaust and tips. could be a bit large but...

Either way it sounds awsome.

JSRS6
July 4th, 2010, 15:04
I bet it does...you should prove it. Lol, post a vid :-)

SiLRS6
July 4th, 2010, 16:23
I will see what I can do.

Happy 4th!!

JSRS6
July 4th, 2010, 16:57
Cool man, I was just down that way a few weeks ago. Stayed at the Orange Lake Resort, pretty nice :-)

Elevens
July 5th, 2010, 03:25
Greetings Mr SilRS6:
Nice looking ride indeed. Your kind of a distant neighbor to me. I am in South Florida, Plantation in Fort Lauderdale. I hope you like your RS I certainly love mine. Got Non Res Millteks on the way from the UK. Couldn't get the Satin(Black) Tips over hear. Looking at yours though, I didn't realize the Tips were that big. Do you know If your system is Resonated on Non Resonated? And how loud is it? Just curios because I haven't got mine yet. At any rate Enjoy stay.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1010046.jpg

Elevens
July 5th, 2010, 03:56
Cool man, I was just down that way a few weeks ago. Stayed at the Orange Lake Resort, pretty nice :-)

Hey JSRS6, Its funny you mention Orange Lakes Resort. I was there for a few days myself, a few weeks also. Very nice place. I have a time share there, which myself and the wife visit whenever time permits. I am getting a little to old for the rides at Disney world though. I just can't take any more jerking around on those Roller Coaster. LOL! Happy Independence day.....

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1010033.jpg

JSRS6
July 5th, 2010, 15:34
Lol, I was there from the 12-14 of June. Surprised we didn't bump into each other. I assume you were driving your rs...
Did you see that accident on irlo right by the entrance? I think it was on Saturday.

4everRS
July 6th, 2010, 01:05
I think those tips look so large because they are sticking out a little much. I personally like the tips better when they are more flush with the bumper. Very easy to do by loosening the clamps which are a couple feet ahead of the tips, and with a block of wood on the tip, gently pound them into the bumper, and re-tighten.

Elevens
July 6th, 2010, 16:20
Lol, I was there from the 12-14 of June. Surprised we didn't bump into each other. I assume you were driving your rs...
Did you see that accident on irlo right by the entrance? I think it was on Saturday.

I was there from June 1 to 3. Short stay but most enjoyable. And no I didn't use the RS, because on most family trips I use the Wife's Allroad. Fast Family hauler. And besides No one sits in the back seat of the RS. LOL!

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/IMG_1509.jpg

Elevens
July 6th, 2010, 16:33
I think those tips look so large because they are sticking out a little much. I personally like the tips better when they are more flush with the bumper. Very easy to do by loosening the clamps which are a couple feet ahead of the tips, and with a block of wood on the tip, gently pound them into the bumper, and re-tighten.

I agree with you 4everRS I like the Tip flush with the rear fascia also. However I do believe the Milltek Ovals are slightly larger than stock. Getting a Non Resonated set Next week. Hope I didn't make a mistake going Non Res. Oh well I guess I'll find out.

JSRS6
July 6th, 2010, 16:46
You can flush the tips on the SE exhaust as well, right?

4everRS
July 6th, 2010, 17:34
Oh yeah, they are bigger. IMO they fill the bumper cutouts much better than stock, as long as they are tight and flush. I personally don't like the modded chevy truck look with our kind of car. Let us know how you feel about the non-res after installation.
I agree with you 4everRS I like the Tip flush with the rear fascia also. However I do believe the Milltek Ovals are slightly larger than stock. Getting a Non Resonated set Next week. Hope I didn't make a mistake going Non Res. Oh well I guess I'll find out.

Yes, it can be done on the SE as well as the regular exhaust as well. When I got my car, the right side of my SE was out a little more than the left and had the even them up.
You can flush the tips on the SE exhaust as well, right?

Elevens
July 6th, 2010, 18:02
Oh yeah, they are bigger. IMO they fill the bumper cutouts much better than stock, as long as they are tight and flush. I personally don't like the modded chevy truck look with our kind of car. Let us know how you feel about the non-res after installation.

Yes I will surely let you know my opinions after the install. Most of those Mates over there in the UK seem to love the Non Resonated Zorsts, as they call it. I don't mind it being a little bit loud, its the cabin drone that I don't want. So we'll see. And if it is a little to loud under normal cruising speeds, I read some where that I can get the Resonators directly from Milltek. So that shouldn't be an issue. I doubt it will come to that though.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1000908.jpg

snoopra
July 7th, 2010, 06:23
................. I read some where that I can get the Resonators directly from Milltek. So that shouldn't be an issue. I doubt it will come to that though.

Or.........install dyna-mats in the trunk:jlol::applause: