PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Selling 2003 RS6 - Misano Red - 33k miles - Warranty

demonic6
July 1st, 2010, 19:59
I am contemplating selling my 2003 RS6 in Misano Red over Black leather with just 33k miles. I really, really don’t want to sell it, but I am unsure if my finances will be able to support this car in the near future. <O:p
<O:p
Anyways, the car is absolutely mint. Absolutely zero door dings or scratches. Wheels have zero curb rash and are wrapped in Michelin PS2's with only 2k miles on them. Car has a full clear bra (been on the car since new) on the front end, door edges, rocker panels, fenders, and door handle coves. There are only a couple very small chips past the clear bra.<O:p
Inside, the car looks fantastic. Very minimal wear on the drivers seat bolster, never smoked in, and still smells like new. The back seat literally looks like brand new.<O:p</O:p
I have the original window sticker showing optional sound enhancing exhaust and rear side airbags. Furthermore, the previous owner spent approximately $4k on adding the RNS-E nav unit with bluetooth and satellite radio. This unit is a huge bonus and is truly awesome. I have a binder full of service records from the two previous owners including the timing belt service done around 22k miles and the 30k service was done at the dealer about 8 months ago. This car has always been serviced on time and is all up to date. The DRC recall has been completed. Within the past few months, I have also replaced the front brake pads to avoid the dreaded metal pins in the OEM pads from scoring the rotors.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

And possibly the biggest addition is that my car comes with a Platinum Warranty from Fidelity that is good until 3/2012 or 54k miles on the odometer.<O:p</O:p

Clean CarFax with 4 <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Washington</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">State</st1:PlaceType></ST1:p owners since it was sold new at Barrier Audi.<O:p</O:p

Looking to get $37,950<O:p</O:p

pellapat
July 1st, 2010, 22:16
Looks nice! I just sold mine with 76k on the clock with a 4k radar system and new everything. I got 25k. Red might be a bit harder to push. I think you will get 31k. Good luck!

demonic6
July 1st, 2010, 22:58
Looks nice! I just sold mine with 76k on the clock with a 4k radar system and new everything. I got 25k. Red might be a bit harder to push. I think you will get 31k. Good luck!

Much appreciated. I actually strongly believe that the red will bring a premium as it is more desirable/rare. I have been watching autotrader for the past few months and the red ones have sold way faster than any other color, plus there are zero red ones on autotrader as of right now nationwide.<O:p</O:p

$31k is definitely way less than this car will bring. The values of these cars are affected more heavily by miles than any other car in its class. There is always a HUGE disparity in pricing between a 30k mile RS6 and a 50k mile car. Plus, mine includes a warranty and for someone to put this warranty on a RS6 with over 50k will be paying around $6k for that.

If someone wants to hammer on the price, I always have the option to both cash out the warranty and/or remove the nav/bluetooth/satelite radio and replace it with the stock unit; both of which will offer a strong monetary return back to me.<O:p</O:p

Exceptional examples of any car will always bring a premium, and my car certainly is exceptional in every way. It’s all there from a cosmetic, mechanical, and documentation standpoint.

DHall1
July 1st, 2010, 23:30
Edit:

Good luck with the sale. You did add the Fidelity plan and that adds value. Esp with the RS6

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20312-Just-found-out-my-old-RS6-is-back-up-for-sale?highlight=red+rs6+fs

Sorry you cant keep the car.

Much appreciated. I actually strongly believe that the red will bring a premium as it is more desirable/rare. I have been watching autotrader for the past few months and the red ones have sold way faster than any other color, plus there are zero red ones on autotrader as of right now nationwide.<O:p</O:p

$31k is definitely way less than this car will bring. The values of these cars are affected more heavily by miles than any other car in its class. There is always a HUGE disparity in pricing between a 30k mile RS6 and a 50k mile car. Plus, mine includes a warranty and for someone to put this warranty on a RS6 with over 50k will be paying around $6k for that.

If someone wants to hammer on the price, I always have the option to both cash out the warranty and/or remove the nav/bluetooth/satelite radio and replace it with the stock unit; both of which will offer a strong monetary return back to me.<O:p</O:p

Exceptional examples of any car will always bring a premium, and my car certainly is exceptional in every way. It’s all there from a cosmetic, mechanical, and documentation standpoint.

demonic6
July 1st, 2010, 23:52
Is there any reason why your marking up this car from your purchase just a couple of months ago?

You paid like 32k for the car. right?

Did you add something of 6k of value? or are you just flipping looking to pocket 6k?

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20312-Just-found-out-my-old-RS6-is-back-up-for-sale?highlight=red+rs6+fs

Sorry you cant keep the car but flipping for a cool 6k may not go over well with the group.

Understandable, but I paid much more than $32k. I bought the car from a dealer who consigned the car for the owner that is referenced in the above link, so please do not accuse me of "flipping" the car for a profit. I assure that I am not coming out ahead by selling this car so soon after buying it.

DHall1
July 1st, 2010, 23:57
Like I said, sorry you may not keep the car and thanks for the added info but the car didnt move for months at 33k even on Autotrader. Its too bad Park Place had to add markup before you found the car. Its also great you added the Fidelity.

36-37k is a good price with the warranty. Your right in there.

pellapat
July 2nd, 2010, 00:37
It is worth what someone will pay. Your warranty is 60% used and red is a tougher sell. I know a red911 turbo that sat there for 6 months and sold for 10% less than the rest. A 4 owner car also is a deduction. My car had one owner 95% of the time. I realize the miles but ended up with 25,000 with a warranty. A dealer may get 34-35 but they take trades and have sales tax deductions.

demonic6
July 2nd, 2010, 01:41
It is worth what someone will pay.

Could'nt have said it better myself ; )

demonic6
July 2nd, 2010, 01:46
Its too bad Park Place had to add markup before you found the car.

Unfortunately I was a bit slow on the uptake, and the guys autotrader ad was nothing short of terrible. He only had it online for about 2 weeks before consigning it as I am sure he wasnt interested in taking the time to sell it himself. I am really just trying to get close to what I paid for the car just a few months ago.

johnnie27
July 2nd, 2010, 01:53
Edit:

Good luck with the sale. You did add the Fidelity plan and that adds value. Esp with the RS6

Sorry you cant keep the car.

agree completely , low kays great condition many options...i bought my car for those reasons (it had only 26,000 miles) coil-overs , carbon front splitter , exhaust , ARP tune etc, and body work was immac!! in OZ a good clean car with books and low kays is worth 10-15 Grand more all day (remembering these things were over $230,000 AUD when new) as for the colour...i know thed Red RS4's here are very rare and sell very fast they look HOT in red i think , as for the 911 turbo in RED ..i have never in my 36 years of life seen a Bright red Porsche in Australia i am sure someone has a red coxter(love that clarkson), that would be like trying to sell a red benz...tough IMHO, no offense to red car owners...German makers seem to have the variation of three colours , black , silver, and white...but the REAR 3/4 on that red RS^6 looks FAT!! good luck...remember it only takes one person to buy a car! any sorry for the long drawn out story

SAFE4NOW
July 2nd, 2010, 13:52

Please PM me what you are willing to take minus the warranty and head unit....

Steve

Benman
July 2nd, 2010, 18:18
Like I said, sorry you may not keep the car and thanks for the added info but the car didnt move for months at 33k even on Autotrader. Its too bad Park Place had to add markup before you found the car. Its also great you added the Fidelity.

36-37k is a good price with the warranty. Your right in there. Dave, I knew you couldn't stay away. ;) Welcome back. :cheers:

I am with Dave although I think perhaps a smidge lower... maybe @ $34-35K. But for you, I hope I am wrong and you get full asking price.

Good luck! :cheers:

Ben :addict:

demonic6
July 2nd, 2010, 19:16
agree completely , low kays great condition many options...i bought my car for those reasons (it had only 26,000 miles) coil-overs , carbon front splitter , exhaust , ARP tune etc, and body work was immac!! in OZ a good clean car with books and low kays is worth 10-15 Grand more all day (remembering these things were over $230,000 AUD when new) as for the colour...i know thed Red RS4's here are very rare and sell very fast they look HOT in red i think , as for the 911 turbo in RED ..i have never in my 36 years of life seen a Bright red Porsche in Australia i am sure someone has a red coxter(love that clarkson), that would be like trying to sell a red benz...tough IMHO, no offense to red car owners...German makers seem to have the variation of three colours , black , silver, and white...but the REAR 3/4 on that red RS^6 looks FAT!! good luck...remember it only takes one person to buy a car! any sorry for the long drawn out story

Color is clearly a subjective preference. I have had a bad habit of changing cars on almost an annual basis and have come to find that red cars are more emotionally involving than the silvers, blacks, and grays. I bought this car because it was Misano Red. If it were black, avus silver, or daytona gray; I most likely would not have bought it, buts thats just me. I love the red; especially when you see the pearl metallic in the sunlight.

DHall1
July 2nd, 2010, 21:42
Yeah yeah,

Pat talked me into it. If the personal attacks continue from the popcorn crowd then cya for good. Big difference between pictures of lil sis in the motorhome vs calling members mofos, trolls, suckers, MFs and dicks. I think you will see forum departures as a result. But hey, I cant shut up about the political mess we are in so....be it. Let the blind go down the road to slaughter.

As for the price. I turned down 40k for my car just a couple weeks ago. Same mileage and condition but mine has a few extras and its mine. ha

Have a good weekend.

Dave, I knew you couldn't stay away. ;) Welcome back. :cheers:

I am with Dave although I think perhaps a smidge lower... maybe @ $34-35K. But for you, I hope I am wrong and you get full asking price.

Good luck! :cheers:

Ben :addict:

mmaturo
July 2nd, 2010, 22:22
I almost bought a red one... the first RS6 i test drove was red/silver interior but had high miles on it back in 05 when i looked at it... it sold just before i was ready to pull the trigger so ended up in Daytona which fits my speeding habits better but the car does look fantastic in red. Good luck on the sale. The last time my car was worth $36K was 2007 but that's what i get for running up the miles. I think you may be better off selling the RNSE separate ($1300-1500 still easily as they are getting harder and harder to find for the C5) as it will not change your sale price at all. That warranty is golden though.

AudiRS4ever
July 2nd, 2010, 22:34
Yeah yeah,

Pat talked me into it. If the personal attacks continue from the popcorn crowd then cya for good. Big difference between pictures of lil sis in the motorhome vs calling members mofos, trolls, suckers, MFs and dicks. I think you will see forum departures as a result. But hey, I cant shut up about the political mess we are in so....be it. Let the blind go down the road to slaughter.

As for the price. I turned down 40k for my car just a couple weeks ago. Same mileage and condition but mine has a few extras and its mine. ha

Have a good weekend.

Guess I missed all the fun. Didn't ever see any of that stuff going on, but I do tend to miss the obvious. Have a great 4th everyone!

ttboost
July 2nd, 2010, 23:43
Guess I missed all the fun. Didn't ever see any of that stuff going on, but I do tend to miss the obvious. Have a great 4th everyone!

Guess I missed it too? Is someone actually offended by what someone on the internet said about them? WOW Have a safe and happy 4th everyone!!!

Ruergard
July 3rd, 2010, 07:58
Yeah yeah,

Have a good weekend.

Welcome back dude. :cheers:

demonic6
July 3rd, 2010, 19:03
I will get pictures up and the car posted on autotrader by Wednesday. Crossing my fingers for some nice weather here (it is summer, right?)

eurotunedrs6
July 7th, 2010, 08:07
I saw this car 2 weeks ago at the Leavenworth Cruise and it is very very clean! Makes me want my front resprayed even more than before now. GL on selling it! If you want to sell the RNSE PM me what you want for it. I may be able to talk the wife into letting me buy my car some goods.

demonic6
July 8th, 2010, 18:40
I saw this car 2 weeks ago at the Leavenworth Cruise and it is very very clean! Makes me want my front resprayed even more than before now. GL on selling it! If you want to sell the RNSE PM me what you want for it. I may be able to talk the wife into letting me buy my car some goods.

Thank you. Your RS6 looks fantastic too with those wheels and its great stance. I will be sure to let you know if the RNS-E doesnt go with the car. I will just have to play it by ear. I hope to see you around!

hahnmgh63
July 8th, 2010, 19:36
Now you guys are really making me wish I had made it on the Leavenworth cruise. I thought there would be way too many cars and not enough room to have some fun.

demonic6
July 8th, 2010, 20:09
The car is now posted on AutoTrader. Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to see more pictures. Thanks!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=282626667&dealer_id=65457941&car_year=2003&rdm=1278615793478&lastStartYear=1981&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=98005&advanced=&end_year=2011&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=2&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

demonic6
July 11th, 2010, 02:56
Please PM me what you are willing to take minus the warranty and head unit....

Steve

Steve,
PM Sent.

demonic6
July 13th, 2010, 01:16
MOVED TO HERE:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21212-FS-2003-RS6-33K-Miles-Warranty