PDA

View Full Version : Is RS6.com dying?

tailpipe
June 29th, 2010, 19:07
Guys, i haven't visited RS6.com for a few days and expected to find it full of interesting comments about when I came back. What did i find?

Nothing?

I am starting to notice an increasing length between postings. Where is everyone? This is one of the best Audi sites anywhere. It's full of knowledgable, likeable Audiphiles, but the lack of recent posts worries me. Is Audi losing its lustre? I hope not.

Saw an RS4 today. Three years later it still looks stunning, sounds brilliant and goes well. It hardly seems to have aged at all. RS cars stand the test of time. I hope the forum will too.

The RS6
June 29th, 2010, 19:47
The problem started when RS6.Com swapped to the new forum platform, it happened to alot of websites...most of them actually...

Erik
June 29th, 2010, 19:58
Looking at the amount of page views the answer is: NO.

It's been quite stable over the year, the last week it dropped considerably and I think it might be due to a hard winter and a very warm last few days (at least here, but I think in the UK as well.)

However I think one long term trend is that many cars (in the US) have or are switching owners.

Also, the current RS6 hasn't sold as good as expected and/or reached owners that typically use internet forums (yet).

RS6.com hasn't changed forum platform, but I understand what you mean. We still run vBulletin, and it's what you get with v. 4.0. When you renew the forum yearly it comes with the trade, like it or not.

www.RS456.com works as well. I'm hoping it can attract a younger and perhaps more active audience?

I think when the new RS5 reaches out in higher volumes it could attract a crowd, also when it's released in the US we'll see more activity.

Erik
June 29th, 2010, 20:02
This interest:3 GUN (http://www.3gun.se/), is also taking a lot of my time lately.

Benman
June 30th, 2010, 01:02
I am starting to notice an increasing length between postings. Where is everyone? This is one of the best Audi sites anywhere. It's full of knowledgable, likeable Audiphiles, but the lack of recent posts worries me. Is Audi losing its lustre? I hope not.

I can only speak for me... I have been busy with guns lately... ;)

darkop
June 30th, 2010, 10:21
The problem started when RS6.Com swapped to the new forum platform, it happened to alot of websites...most of them actually...
tend to agree with this! the former layout was much clearer/easier to comprehend!

RXBG
June 30th, 2010, 13:39
NO. RS6.com is not dying. It's kicking a$$ thank you very much. And I call it my Audi home "away from home"- home being the driver's seat of my car, of course.

Ruergard
June 30th, 2010, 14:46
This interest:3 GUN (http://www.3gun.se/), is also taking a lot of my time lately.

Are you running this site as well?

If the posts are decreseing we just have to post more. ;)

tailpipe
June 30th, 2010, 14:48
Good to hear from you all, thank you. And thank you for your private message, Erik! ;-)

Glad that you think the site is still alive and kicking.

I thought the latest RS6 was a very accomplished car, but quite a bit more expensive than many of us expected. While it had impressive performance it also grew in weight, which somewhat dulled the feel - certainly compared to the RS4. Meanwhile the R8, which isn't an RS car at at all, has completely redefined the supercar class and making mid-engined power more available to ordinary drivers - truly a worthy achievement. All this makes me wonder whether the site needs reinvention or repositioning simply around Audi R, RS and S models - Audi High Performance, rather than being merely branded by a single model? Wt do you think of that idea?

Erik
June 30th, 2010, 16:00
tend to agree with this! the former layout was much clearer/easier to comprehend!

I hear ya and I agree. Unfortunately there's no going back. For many reasons, security and admin user friendliness just to mention a few specifics.
Also there's not much of a choice, you either upgrade when the license goes out or... Noone is using Windows 3.0 anylonger, things develop.
I'm no friend of MS Vista, but you adapt. Becasue you have to.

Are you running this site as well?

I sure am. Not sure what it will develop into, but I hope as 3 Gun and IPSC (dynamic) shooting becomes more popular great things may happen.
I hope we don't get the same development as in the UK anyway ;)

Please have a look at my pictures from a recent competition.
Tallmilan Cup (http://www.3gun.se/showthread.php?4-Bilder-från-Rosersberg-9-Maj-Tallmilan-Cup)

I thought the latest RS6 was a very accomplished car, but quite a bit more expensive than many of us expected. While it had impressive performance it also grew in weight, which somewhat dulled the feel - certainly compared to the RS4. Meanwhile the R8, which isn't an RS car at at all, has completely redefined the supercar class and making mid-engined power more available to ordinary drivers - truly a worthy achievement. All this makes me wonder whether the site needs reinvention or repositioning simply around Audi R, RS and S models - Audi High Performance, rather than being merely branded by a single model? Wt do you think of that idea?

We live in interesting times. Election time this year in Sweden, so some politicians are trying their best to forget the turndown in economy. We all know the RS6 came at the worst possible time, and I admire Audi for having the balls to launch it at IAA when they did.
It was quite politically incorrect, but they decided performance models were important. However it is quite possibly the "last action hero" of its kind, but there will be new cars to admire with unknown names.

The R8 has drawn a lot of new customers to the "supercar" market, people who never have owned these type of cars. But I don't think these people are very internet savvy, not in the EU anyway.

The purpose of RS6.com is to focus on high performance cars and high performance Audis (R8, S and RS and tuned for natural reasons).
I've been aware of the "problem" with being to niched into one model, and it has been discussed over the years both on the forum and IRL.

Hence the registration of http://www.rs-community.com and http://www.RS456.com to have the option. A little bit of repositioning has already taken place, but
I don't think I'm up for the task (time vs. return!) to start all over again with remarketing these new "brands".
I haven't even posted these links here before, but they've been working for a while!

The great idea of RS456.com was actually suggested by a member via pm. Sorry can't remember who!

Now RS6.com comes up as N#1 on many occasions when you google. But to get something like RS456.com to get there is virtually impossible.

Ruergard
June 30th, 2010, 16:09
I sure am. Not sure what it will develop into, but I hope as 3 Gun and IPSC (dynamic) shooting becomes more popular great things may happen.
I hope we don't get the same development as in the UK anyway ;)

Please have a look at my pictures from a recent competition.
Tallmilan Cup (http://www.3gun.se/showthread.php?4-Bilder-från-Rosersberg-9-Maj-Tallmilan-Cup)

Very nice! That was completely new for me, watched the pics earlier today. Very nice! :thumb:

Enough OT I guess. ;)

Benman
June 30th, 2010, 19:06
LOL! Passed right over the 3gun.se post Erik!

So it appears I am not the ONLY one busy with guns lately! Also, KICK ASS PICS! :thumb:

Ben

Qisha
July 1st, 2010, 11:10
Dear Friends,

slow does not necessarily mean dead... :)

So, lets keep the Updates coming... you might want to know that there will be (3rd Quarter) Audi R8 Spyder V8. Power is slightly increased to 430PS and EU5 spec is achieved. Price is starting at 121.100 Euro (Germany incl. Taxes)

Qisha

PS: R8 V8 Coupe MJ2011 receives the same engine update.

brownies3
July 1st, 2010, 13:37
Hello Quisha,
Can i ask why the R8 v8 is receiving 430ps rather than the full 450ps that the RS5 is blessed with - i did have my heart set on the RS5 but feel from a performance angle that it is not much if at all quicker than my present B7 RS4, this new R8 instead could be just the ticket
Many thanks
Paul B

Fonzie Audi
July 1st, 2010, 14:09
RS6.com, at least in my opinion, is absolutely NOT dying. It's thriving.

I sold my RS6 almost 6 months ago and RS6.com is STILL, for some reason, the first website i log onto every morning. Can i explain it? Not really.. but i have an emotional bond with this community and will be an active member forever.

ALSO - Since buying my AMG.. i have a very clear understanding how powerful RS6.com really is. Benzworld.org, mercedesforum.com, and even the AMG Private Lounge - all suck. One or two posts a week? No responses to threads. No interaction. I was spoiled by RS6.com and it's members - and now feel alone in the mercedes world. I guess that's why i still post about my AMG on a forum that is 99% Audi based. I get better feedback here than i do on Mercedes forums!

rs-6
July 1st, 2010, 15:41
Hello Quisha,
Can i ask why the R8 v8 is receiving 430ps rather than the full 450ps that the RS5 is blessed with - i did have my heart set on the RS5 but feel from a performance angle that it is not much if at all quicker than my present B7 RS4, this new R8 instead could be just the ticket
Many thanks
Paul B
Because the rs5 engine is a different one than the RS4/R8 V8 engine ;)

i think this forum will be very active again when audi releases some really exiting cars again... (RS3, lightweight A5 etc.)

Erik
July 1st, 2010, 18:55

I sold my RS6 almost 6 months ago and RS6.com is STILL, for some reason, the first website i log onto every morning. Can i explain it? Not really.. but i have an emotional bond with this community and will be an active member forever.

ALSO - Since buying my AMG.. i have a very clear understanding how powerful RS6.com really is. Benzworld.org, mercedesforum.com, and even the AMG Private Lounge - all suck. One or two posts a week? No responses to threads. No interaction. I was spoiled by RS6.com and it's members - and now feel alone in the mercedes world. I guess that's why i still post about my AMG on a forum that is 99% Audi based. I get better feedback here than i do on Mercedes forums!

Thank you very much for your positive and very interesting feedback.

I once visited a MB forum (remember the 1964 230SL Pagoda the family owns) and there were a lot of haters around.
Especially when cars like the RS6 was mentioned (didn't try to set of any flame wars).

Benman
July 1st, 2010, 19:27

:cheers: :thumb:

Fab
July 2nd, 2010, 07:42
RS6.com is THE FORUM on the net and it is not dying at all !!!

How many forums you enter to check new messages and the most recent one is 2 weeks/ 2 month old... I have been reading RS6.com for many years (much before my registration) and I continue as much as I can, almost daily.

Let's not forget that current environment does not look friendly on many aspects and that we also must focus on our job and dedicate time to our families and not only surf the net.

Having said that I think that we all should share more of our daily driving, thought, spotted nice cars, friendly race experiences, etc. as opposed to the news flow from Audi brand or others carmakers which obviously makes posting more frequent. This is also natural i.e. the newflow and hot news drive the posting intensity and now summer vacation time is starting which will not help.

Again a big thanks to Eric for his job. I have been meeting 2 other members so far but when accessing this forum it is as joining my second family....

Last but not least : some meeting events should be proposed eventough this is ot an easy organisation...

Ciao

Fab

Erik
July 10th, 2010, 00:13
I can't explain why, but some of the numbers in here are somewhat on topic IMO.

END OF THE LINE FOR BMW M5
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=22184

Funny how the UK was a bigger market than Germany for the M5.
Only 1,025 M5 Tourings built...