PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Defeats the new BMW 535i in American Comparison Test

chewym
June 29th, 2010, 07:44
The A6 isn't done yet having just defeated the new 535i and Infiniti M37. Car and Driver really did not like the BMW's steering while Audi's was judged as nearly perfect. And for those that don't like the supercharged V6, it gave the slightly heavier A6 the same fuel economy and performance as the single turbo 535i with the 8 speed gearbox.

http://killwithfire.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-bmw-5-series-no-match-for-a6-in-cd.html

Aronis
June 30th, 2010, 02:05
was that an AWD model of the 5 series? AWD only available with the smaller engine in the 5 series line up (so far, V8 TT next year).

ZCD2.7T
June 30th, 2010, 13:50
was that an AWD model of the 5 series? AWD only available with the smaller engine in the 5 series line up (so far, V8 TT next year).

Nope - both the 535i and M37 were RWD models.

This is gonna make the BMW fans cry foul once again - an A6 besting the 5er TWICE IN A ROW?? UNPOSSIBLE!!! BLASPHEMY!! SACRILEGE!! THERE MUST BE SOME HANGING CHADS SOMEWHERE!!!

:hihi:

s42ski
July 1st, 2010, 00:25
Nope - both the 535i and M37 were RWD models.

This is gonna make the BMW fans cry foul once again - an A6 besting the 5er TWICE IN A ROW?? UNPOSSIBLE!!! BLASPHEMY!! SACRILEGE!! THERE MUST BE SOME HANGING CHADS SOMEWHERE!!!

:hihi:

Quite an interesting result - I tried the new 535 and the 550 in a BMW "Ultimate Drive" test. They let you take the cars out without a salesperson:hahahehe: and you drive a preplanned route - about 7 miles. They called this a comparison test because they also let you drive a A6, or a IS350 or a C class. They do this at just about every dealer in the US.

So the 535 was nice, but the A6 they had was a stripper - FWD with no options. Of course the bimmers were loaded with NAV, sports suspension etc. 550 was quite fun with a lot of power. The new M5 could be quite a fun car. Audi are you listening?? I love my RS6 but what will you have to replace it IN THE US when I finally sell???

Aronis
July 1st, 2010, 01:35
I love my RS6 but what will you have to replace it IN THE US when I finally sell???

AWD 550 sedan!!!

They have the AWD in the squished Avant model, but not yet in the 550 sedan...V8 TT, AWD, sounds strangely familiar!

Mike

s42ski
July 1st, 2010, 03:18
If that is in the cards (AWD 550) that may be my next car