PDA

View Full Version : Timing Belt service (cross post)

ben916
June 22nd, 2010, 19:07
http://forums.quattroworld.com/socal/msgs/2114.phtml

"
We have a large inventory of OE parts that we like to move this month.
We use all OE parts with 12 months/12k miles warranty.

All 4cyl Audi/VW $600
All V6 Audi/VW $750
All V8 Audi/VW $850 (add $350 for RS6)

Service includes:
- Full timing belt kit
- V-belt
- Water pump
- Coolant flush
- Labor

Limited time, limited cars! please call or email us if you have any questions.

For chain cars:

- 30% off carbon cleaning
- 30% off 40k/50k/60k/80k services.

Performance:

Starting Aug 1st - Aug 30th,

- 20% off on all performance labor.
- 15% off on all high performance products. ----------------------------------------
Need performance work done on your late model Audi/Porsche/VW or just service done? Please visit SoCal's best!
Wicked Motorsports (http://www.wicked-motorsports.com/)

* All GIAC flashes on sale from 6/1-8/30 *

"

snoopra
June 23rd, 2010, 07:41
So $450 for parts and $750 for labor? Not too bad for folks who can't DIY but still a little excessive on labor cost.

p3u
June 23rd, 2010, 16:15
So $450 for parts and $750 for labor? Not too bad for folks who can't DIY but still a little excessive on labor cost.

Are you kidding me? Most dealers want 3k for this job, amazing price!

ben916
June 23rd, 2010, 18:08
Are you kidding me? Most dealers want 3k for this job, amazing price!

Yeah that is why I cross posted!
Toss in a t-stat and engine mounts and maybe an O2 sensor or two and you are set for quite a while.... until the DRC goes sideways.... again...

snoopra
June 23rd, 2010, 20:52
HeHe. I wondered how long it would take for THAT kinda response! TBH, the nearest stealership wanted $5K, and no kiss after:) (This didn't include the $1800 for round trip shipping)

4everRS
June 23rd, 2010, 21:54
Snoopra - 6800 all-in is rediculous. For that price you ought to be getting way more than a kiss after - like a mail order bride or something. I am amazed at how some of these dealers are ripping-off owners. As far as Ben's first post, yeah, great price.

Ben - I think they would want quite a bit more for the labor on the motor mounts and O2 sensors though.

mmaturo
June 24th, 2010, 02:12

This is $300 better than my local independent shop. Excellent price. I am about to have my TT done at an excellent discountedd price and these guys are showing $100 less than them, $400 cheaper than my next best independent option. Run do not walk for this offer.

JRS-RS6
June 24th, 2010, 02:58
Snoopra - 6800 all-in is rediculous. For that price you ought to be getting way more than a kiss after - like a mail order bride or something. I am amazed at how some of these dealers are ripping-off owners. As far as Ben's first post, yeah, great price.

Ben - I think they would want quite a bit more for the labor on the motor mounts and O2 sensors though.

More like a mlewskiny job several times over with no blue dress for evidence!

V8weight
June 24th, 2010, 03:01
I hope I could do better than Lewinsky for $6800.

JRS-RS6
June 24th, 2010, 03:23
I hope I could do better than Lewinsky for $6800.

Ditto~! You betcha -- maybe Sarah or Brindal?

DHall1
June 24th, 2010, 04:37
You could always fly Pat and myself out for a little vacation and we will complete the TB for free.

HeHe. I wondered how long it would take for THAT kinda response! TBH, the nearest stealership wanted $5K, and no kiss after:) (This didn't include the $1800 for round trip shipping)

snoopra
June 24th, 2010, 04:56
You guys wouldn't like it here right now, it's H season and we're in the middle on a nasty depression (Thunder storm) for 5+ days now :(. Plus Pat gave me a few additional pointers on the TB job. Maybe next time Dave:jlol:

DHall1
June 24th, 2010, 06:14
Ouch, no kidding. I just finished the timing belt job on our LX470....only let it go 130,000 miles and 11 years. Very similar setup to the RS short of needing to pull the rad support. Gravy job as Toyota has an excellent design on the high end products produced in Japan.

You guys wouldn't like it here right now, it's H season and we're in the middle on a nasty depression (Thunder storm) for 5+ days now :(. Plus Pat gave me a few additional pointers on the TB job. Maybe next time Dave:jlol: