PDA

View Full Version : Winking headlights on 2010 V10

PeterH
June 17th, 2010, 22:10
Anyone here know of the VAG-COM coding to turn off the "winking" DRL's on a V10? Coding for the 2009 models is different from the 2010's and as of yet I cant find anything to make the change. Seems like each year they change things. My 2008 had the DRL's on all the time, the 2009's started the winking with the turn signal (and subsequently the coding was found to turn off) now the 2010's are again different as I checked the location for the 2009 models in VAG-COM and the codes are totally different.

wedouglas
June 23rd, 2010, 04:53
I don't get it. Your LED strip is blinking on and off all the time? I'm confused as to what the problem is.

PeterH
June 23rd, 2010, 06:01
During daylight, and the DRL LED's are on, and you use the turn signal, the corresponding LED strip goes OFF. If the main headlights are on (night time) and the turn signal is used, the LED DRL's stay ON.
On my 2008 R8, the DRL's stayed on all the time - which is what I prefer. On the 2009 cars, the DRL "winking" started, but the VAG-COM codes were found to disable it. On the 2010's, the codes have been changed.

RXBG
June 23rd, 2010, 16:43
Peter- I personally think it is better for them to go off with the turn signal- makes the car look even more cool (as if it isn't cool enough already). but i don't think there is a specific code to disengage that feature.

MrBucket
June 23rd, 2010, 21:39
Peter- I personally think it is better for them to go off with the turn signal- makes the car look even more cool (as if it isn't cool enough already). but i don't think there is a specific code to disengage that feature.
It just looks like they burned out.