PDA

View Full Version : How thick is your RS6 folder? (size does matter)

SAF
June 15th, 2010, 16:58
Thought I'd add a completely new topic to the forums, since I had to pull mine out today. :hihi: Home folder has service invoices and parts receipts.

Home file: 1.25"
My file @ Audi service dept: ±4" (I gasped when I saw it)

snoopra
June 15th, 2010, 18:09
You should scan, pdf and save a tree:) Seriously, I never really checked but 99% of mine are pdf.

JRS-RS6
June 16th, 2010, 05:45
You should scan, pdf and save a tree:) Seriously, I never really checked but 99% of mine are pdf.

Ditto -- in an excel file with miles and hyperlinks. Digital is the way to go and the backup is in a firesafe.

SAF
June 16th, 2010, 18:39
Sit down and scan 1 1/4 inches of paper to put it in a pdf file?... LOL, you guys crack me up.

Aronis
June 17th, 2010, 00:00
1 and 1/4 inches that would be about 300 pages! YIKES..

SAF
June 17th, 2010, 02:35
Yeah, and the benifit of doing that escapes me. I've kept a service record folder on every car I've ever owned going back to the 70s. The RS6 is by far the thickest. I've done just fine with storing them in a file cabinet before passing the folder on with the car to the next owner. Scan them into a pdf...BWAAHAAHAAHAA!

Bigglezworth
June 20th, 2010, 04:20
I have no receipts for the gray car, and a 1.5" thick $48K+ folder for the blue car with all 'maintenance' receipts - including the original window sticker...

DonS
June 21st, 2010, 18:23
I see your point that the visual impact of a 4" file at your dealer is an issue for RS6-ers. I wonder if repair receipts for a Lamborghini or Ferrari would stack as high with similar age. Maybe not because most supercar owners don't put on the miles. As I ramble, I realize part of our problem with stacks of repairs - Audi built a near-super-car and we're driving them like daily drivers with daily driver expectations. I need to test my theory by driving a Gallardo as a daily driver. Who wants to donate theirs for a 5 year test?? I promise to keep it off the roads on snowy days, but it will see some rain.

Ha, I finally Googled "Bigglezworth." I don't know your connection, but I am now scheming like Dr. Evil, visiting our new Mini dealership, and thinking about renting the Austin Powers movies.