PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Baby Seat

pierson
June 10th, 2010, 03:16
Ever since I found out that Recaro made kid seats I've been wanting one. This was way before I even had a kid. Wife didn't understand how this was the only baby item I have any interest in shopping for. Now that I have a kid and am picking up my RS6 in a couple weeks, which one should i get?

Ebony or Shiny Charcoal? (my car has black interior)

http://www.amazon.com/Recaro-Young-Sport-Child-Seat/dp/B000AHPMG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1276136128&sr=1-1

or is there another version i should be looking into?

ben916
June 10th, 2010, 03:27
if you mouse over each color, the price changes...
Good thing the RS6 has the L.A.T.C.H. system.
How old is your child?
Really, the most important thing about purchase is NOT the name but the safety of the seat and that you get the right size/features/etc... sorry to burst the bubble

also, there is something/thread about how to disable the rear side airbag/curtain using the VAGCOM.

pierson
June 10th, 2010, 03:35
Recaro gets incredible safety ratings in the kids field (yes i know that is more important) so now i'm good to go! I've never used a VAGCOM before, but am thinking of buying one.

SAF
June 10th, 2010, 04:57
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/1f/20/a850e03ae7a034cf954cc110.L.jpg

ben916
June 10th, 2010, 05:56
Recaro gets incredible safety ratings in the kids field (yes i know that is more important) so now i'm good to go! I've never used a VAGCOM before, but am thinking of buying one.

Apologies if I sounded like an a$$...

getting your money's worth??? ------> 1996 A6 (240k), 1999 Jeep GC (198k) sheesh!!!!!

skribe
June 10th, 2010, 06:01
A few weeks after the beast came home, I discovered a charcoal Recaro in the back seat one morning. Wife said she thought I should have a kid seat that was worthy of the car. :)

ben916
June 10th, 2010, 06:05
A few weeks after the beast came home, I discovered a charcoal Recaro in the back seat one morning. Wife said she thought I should have a kid seat that was worthy of the car. :)

Oh crap! now my pink with flowers one and the other with "reading" lights is no good....

pierson
June 10th, 2010, 12:03
Apologies if I sounded like an a$$...

getting your money's worth??? ------> 1996 A6 (240k), 1999 Jeep GC (198k) sheesh!!!!!

no worries at all. yeah, i've got a thing about driving cars into the ground. both the jeep and A6 are still pulling strong!

Jimmy
June 10th, 2010, 17:14
I must have read a different report where they rated the Recaro kids seat poorly. I was disappointed as for regular seats they are good enough to go in airliners.

I was all set to get a few kid Recaros myself ...but got Britax instead to appease the Mom who also read the ratings.

pellapat
June 12th, 2010, 14:47
have 2 black ones for 75.00 per seat you pay the shipping. have everything that came with them and just tripple wased then inside and out. pm if anyone is interested.

dreadlocks
June 13th, 2010, 01:07
Hah, I bought my RS6 so I'd have a car to put a baby seat in.. Wife is miffed because I wont let her put just anything in the back... (I too want a Recaro baby seat since before I wanted kids, hah)

Our first is due in October, I'll need one suitable for an infant however.. Are the rear side curtains unsafe w/a carseat? I thought it was the front airbags I had to worry about, oah geeze.

pierson
June 13th, 2010, 04:25
my volvo xc90 has rear curtains (i think) and no one ever warned us about those with the baby seat....

dreadlocks
June 13th, 2010, 04:31
Think I am going to opt for this one, its good for 5-70lbs
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SZkT%2BUwcL.jpg

Recaro Signo G2 Convertible Car Seat - Carbon
As a bonus, its available through target where the wife is registered for baby gifts, maby a grandparent will splurge :)

From what I am reading about side curtain airbags is they are supposed to be disabled by default if the manufacturer does not think they are safe for small children... I assume if ours are enabled they must be safe? Research does say that the side curtain airbags do not deploy with the same force as front facing ones do, so there generally considered much safer..