PDA

View Full Version : My RS6 feels a bit scary !

spgprivate
June 5th, 2010, 09:05
Hi,

Ive noticed recently my C5 has become very light in the rear, its seems to jump around alot more than usual. When I had it in the the main audi dealer for a service I asked them to check the DRC etc. and they 'said' it was ok but Im not so sure.

Anything advice ? anything I can look out for myself ?

Simon

spgprivate
June 5th, 2010, 09:08
Should add the tyres are almost brand new

LIRS6
June 5th, 2010, 12:32
Take it to another dealer - your DRC is most likely shot. Yes, the ride is scary-to-dangerous. Been there myself. Same crap from dealer, including ineffective repairs. I finally purchased aftermarket suspension. There are several to choose from - PSS9's, KW 3's, Stasis.

V8weight
June 5th, 2010, 12:54
Check the rear sway bar links as well.

Aronis
June 5th, 2010, 13:50
I went back and forth to a dealer with the same issue a few years ago, it too more than three months to get the car fixed (near 100%).

Most Audi mechanics know absolutely ZERO about the DRC system and some do not respond ONE LEAST BIT to logic, such as when you push on the rear and the car bounces, but do the same on another A6 or A4 on their lot and WOW THAT"S STIFF!

The Regional 'expert' from Boston looked at my car also and said the SPRINGS were shot! WTF....that was at about 45,000 miles!

You need to take the car to a tech who has successfully FIXED a DRC system.

Mike

DHall1
June 5th, 2010, 16:16
The dealers can be idiots when it comes to the DRC

Read some of our DRC threads and given your location I would recommend you find

UNIT 20 which is a RS6 expert in the UK and Grizz is the owner.

or

MRC

Do not let the dealer mess with your DRC unless its covered by warranty. You will be wasting your money if you pay out of pocket for any dealer DRC repairs. Trust me.

Benman
June 7th, 2010, 18:09
The dealers can be idiots when it comes to the DRC

Do not let the dealer mess with your DRC unless its covered by warranty. You will be wasting your money if you pay out of pocket for any dealer DRC repairs. Trust me.

Sadly this is true...

GEN XER
June 7th, 2010, 18:18
If you dont have a warranty get rid of the DRC and get an aftermarket set-up. Only folks with warranties need apply for a dealer DRC repair, even then it is hit or miss on if the dealer can really fix it. Dealers. How can most of them be so terrible at repairing cars they work on everyday? Idiots=Retards. I dont even want to take my VW in for the Sevice Action after talking to the sevice writer at Checkered Flag VW. I had to tell him about the issue, then he had to verify what I was telling him was true. He should have had more knowledge about the SA than me but sadly he didnt. Retarded folks who come to work only for a paycheck are killing the customer service. I was told as a child whatever you do in life be the best at it. Obviously their are few people with these values anymore. Sorry for the Soap Box, couldnt help myself.

JSRS6
June 7th, 2010, 18:25
Also, obviously, get a full alignment. I replaced my DRC with PSS9's AND upgraded to the hotchkis sway bars, and things still didnt feel planted till i got an alignment. Kinda squirrely, ya know?

DHall1
June 7th, 2010, 19:45
I hear ya Willie. I dont even want to get started about the Audi dealer with the freak job service writer on staff. The guy is still there...literally amazing. I like the parts guy and go in for small items just to chat and freak job SA walks buy and says "hey dude, hows it going...your the guy with xyxabc something cool?" I turn to look at this 23yr old freak job with the girlie hair and bleached highlights and think to myself....bud you would not know a cool car if ran over your bleached out wack job of a haircut and left tire marks on your ass. Then simply remind him its an RS6 and you will never get your mitts on it.

And just to be fair. There is one good Audi dealer in AZ. Audi N Scottsdale. Its out of my way but when warranty work is needed...I go the extra mile. Thanks Peiserg for the heads up on that dealer.

Be the best at it? How true Willie but you know I agree with you on that one.

If you dont have a warranty get rid of the DRC and get an aftermarket set-up. Only folks with warranties need apply for a dealer DRC repair, even then it is hit or miss on if the dealer can really fix it. Dealers. How can most of them be so terrible at repairing cars they work on everyday? Idiots=Retards. I dont even want to take my VW in for the Sevice Action after talking to the sevice writer at Checkered Flag VW. I had to tell him about the issue, then he had to verify what I was telling him was true. He should have had more knowledge about the SA than me but sadly he didnt. Retarded folks who come to work only for a paycheck are killing the customer service. I was told as a child whatever you do in life be the best at it. Obviously their are few people with these values anymore. Sorry for the Soap Box, couldnt help myself.