PDA

View Full Version : Front bumper shock bolt

HeadShot
June 4th, 2010, 22:03
Anyone have the trick to getting the two front bumper shock bolts back in?? Especially the drivers side gives me hours of grief every time.

I found if i get the bumper secured at the sides first it pulls in the center more in line with the two shock bolt holes. Then i can run a guide (thick wire) through the hole to get everything in line. But the drivers side never wants to play ball. The bolt always seems to hang up on that top washer and not get through.

If theres a trick to this PLEASE let me know :)

Beer knuckles :cheers:from the Wagner install yesterday, I put all the plastic trim from the rear of the stock coolers back on. The problem was with the allignment of the two lugs on the cooler that land in the bracket on the car to hold the cooler in place. With the trim on it was almost impossible to get this to happen. Cut the trim away around the lugs on the coolers - and got it to fit in the end.
Just one guy and it took me all day with the hoses changed out also. If you have the time and plenty of skin to spare on the knuckles its not to bad.
If you trim the plastic use a hacksaw blade.. anything else (like side cutters etc) will just crack the trim in all the wrong places. Its kinda brittle.

happy trails

LIRS6
June 4th, 2010, 22:17
I guess I got lucky - I just did an IC replacement last week; had no issues with the shock bolts. I do, however, have a horn that now sounds like it belongs in a jalopy, and a minor flood each time I attempt to wash the headlights!

4everRS
June 4th, 2010, 22:38
Maybe Pat can chime in here, but when we did mine, I don't remember having any issues with the re-installation of the bolts. I know that it helps to paint the heads and surrounding area of the bolt to know where to tighten them at.

V8weight
June 4th, 2010, 22:56
Are the upper and lower shock washers (they're actually adjustable shims) screwed all the way in? Make sure they are both bottomed out and that will allow the bumper to move into place more freely. If this isn't the case I would say that the wagner shrouds need to be trimmed to allow the bumper to slide back into position. There should never be any resistance when installing the front bumper over the absorbers, if everything is aligned correctly the absorber bolts will fit like a sock on a rooster every time.

HeadShot
June 5th, 2010, 06:03
That sounds like a possible Pat. I will look when i reinstall my lip spoilers on Tuesday. I know they were loose... so maybe they need to be tightened up! It sure sounds good. Thanks for the input everyone.... :) P.S the Wagner kit CF cleared all the way around - perfect sizing and no trim required / very happy with the fit and price!

ttboost
June 5th, 2010, 13:35
WOW, it does get cold up there...our Roosters don't need socks here...