PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy one

BossRoss
June 4th, 2010, 05:46
I have been a huge fan of my 2002 A6 Sport, but always wanted to upgrade to an RS6. A 44k mile Avus/Black ride showed up at the local Porsche dealer. Carfax is sanitized I think. None of the major stuff seems to have been done - water pump, timing belt, DRC, etc. Maybe too early for most of it, but I'm trying to get more service details from the local Audi dealer. Looks like it's been in town for less than a year, and I would be the 3rd owner.

The interior is immaculate. SE and Navigation. Maybe Cold Weather package, and after market sun shades - thought it had the warm weather package, and they'd moved the buttons or something. A small door ding, and the right front air-dam/fender well joint is a little off - might be a parking curb bump. Drive train seems quiet and solid, and the power is astounding (first time to drive one).

I've been following these threads with great interest, and with all the great power it seem like there are also a crap load of gotchas - so I'm a little nervous. Would really like several thousand miles under my belt before I start shelling out more cash. A key part of that is buying right I guess. I also have no interest in mods at this point. So any pre-purchase tips and negotiating points would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. R

DHall1
June 4th, 2010, 06:14
The only protection from major expense is to have an extended warranty.

At 44k. Make 100% sure the timing belt has been serviced. No deal without that document in hand. Period end of story. Deal breaker at any cost.

If you like it and can swing the extended warranty then go for it and enjoy. May be your last chance at the best car on the road.