PDA

View Full Version : Front wheels rotating

LIRS6
June 2nd, 2010, 01:18
I had the car up on jacks, and when removing the front wheels, they both rotated freely. This struck me as odd - shouldn't they be limited in movement ? (the transmission was in P).

Another q - i got the Venair hose kit, as I was replacing one of the intercoolers. Of the six hoses supplied in the kit, I can see where 4 of them are for the IC's - what are the other two for? (They do not replace the two hoses between the air intakes and filters - at least they are not sized the same).

V8weight
June 2nd, 2010, 01:24
Perfectly normal. The differential allows movement if both wheels are off the ground.

LIRS6
June 2nd, 2010, 01:26
Thanks Pat - I edited my thread with a 2nd question - any help for me there?

V8weight
June 2nd, 2010, 01:31
The other two go directly from the turbo outlets to the charge pipes (which eventually lead to the intercooler's) These are actually much easier to access than you'd think. The trick is to reach one arm in between the engine cradle and the body along side the front axles to remove the clamps (with a 7mm socket and a 1/4" ratchet).
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/005-11.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/007-12.jpg

LIRS6
June 2nd, 2010, 03:39
The other two go directly from the turbo outlets to the charge pipes (which eventually lead to the intercooler's) These are actually much easier to access than you'd think. The trick is to reach one arm in between the engine cradle and the body along side the front axles to remove the clamps (with a 7mm socket and a 1/4" ratchet).

And photos to boot! - superb, thanks again!

hahnmgh63
June 2nd, 2010, 03:49
I unbolted the pipes after removing the lower intercooler hoses so I could pull off the old hose, bolt on the new hose onto one end of the pipe, then push the pipe/hose back up into place. Then you have the other end of the pipe to wiggle around to get the hose, on the far end of the pipe, to slip onto the compressor outlet on the turbos.