PDA

View Full Version : who here has a water meth kit installed on their beast?

p3u
June 1st, 2010, 04:05
I know a few people do, I'm getting ready to get a kit and was curious to which ones are being used, thoughts, advice on them, etc...

Thanks!

ben916
June 1st, 2010, 04:47
doesn't snoopra have one?
There is also one guy from UAE/Dubai area that has one as it is just a little hotter there... :)

DHall1
June 1st, 2010, 06:01
projected to be 111 here next weekend.

ouch

snoopra
June 1st, 2010, 06:08
No, I don't, sorry. RS6 POWER in PR has it but he hasn't posted here in ages.

ttboost
June 1st, 2010, 12:23
Aquamist kit on my 996tt. I'm spraying 100% Meth. Best kit out there. Expensive for a reason. High quality and many built-in fail-safes. When I finally get my RS6, I will have one on it too.

RS6Steve
June 1st, 2010, 16:56
Water/Meth kit, I'm very interested in :-) but can I bring up the old water spray for the intercoolers? Anyone...

Sorry thread highjack

ttboost
June 1st, 2010, 17:36
Some friends and tuners have done some experimenting. While it does work, hardly worth the cost and aggravation. If you install a Water/Meth injection kit, no need for it.

peiserg
June 6th, 2010, 06:29
i've got the water injection system. aquamist. worth every penny. in the summer the car is always at full power.. hard to do at 115F!!

4everRS
June 6th, 2010, 12:38
Did you install the system? Any way you can provide some more information on the install? Pictures of mister locations ect?

i've got the water injection system. aquamist. worth every penny. in the summer the car is always at full power.. hard to do at 115F!!

ttboost
June 6th, 2010, 13:03

Yup. Before the meth set up I would run several 60-130's (within 10 minutes or so) and lose a tenth or 2 every run due to heat soak. Now I can run 4 or 5 60-130's within 10 minutes and am always within a tenth or 2 on the Performance box.

Did you install the system? Any way you can provide some more information on the install? Pictures of mister locations ect?

It took about 6-7 hours to install my Aquamist kit on my 996 Turbo. I think it's easier on the RS6. Tank and pump is in the trunk, I believe the controller is up front by the ECU, and the nozzles are in the intake pipe (underneath for stealth) by the radiator.

peiserg
June 6th, 2010, 19:59
my water is stored in trunk. pump is on driver's side compartment in trunk. there's a port before each intercooler, and a 3rd one before throttle body. i paid some dude to install.. $1000ish

4everRS
June 8th, 2010, 05:09
Here is a link I found to an inexpensive and good looking system.

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_1840/article.html

I have no idea where a tank could possibly fit though.

4everRS
June 8th, 2010, 05:11
Here is another. The writers get a little excited. More money spent, but still all in for around $200. More options for tank placement, but needs an inverter and just more parts in gneral:

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_2720/article.html

This site has a ton on info.

hahnmgh63
June 8th, 2010, 13:20
I kind of like the idea of installing it just before the intercoolers. I wonder if between a water/meth setup prior to the intercoolers and oil catch cans if the intercoolers will stay cleaner on the inside too? Oil definitely cuts down on the effectiveness of the intercoolers.