PDA

View Full Version : Anyone happen to know what size allen key is needed to remove oil plug?

p3u
May 28th, 2010, 21:35
Doing a change and need to pick one up since I'm not at my house for this.

Also, anyonw know what size socket needed to remove the sway bar for access to the filter?

Thanks

4everRS
May 28th, 2010, 22:06
It's the biggest allen I have :)

Beastly
May 28th, 2010, 22:28
I thought it was 10mm - may be wrong...

Also you CAN get to the filter with out dropping the bar

V8weight
May 28th, 2010, 22:36
I thought it was 10mm - may be wrong...

Also you CAN get to the filter with out dropping the bar
Yep, 10mm. Drop the damn bar, it's 4 bolts, and can be messy if left in place. :)

Brav
May 30th, 2010, 04:04
yea dropping bar is a must. oil comes out VERY fast so be careful if youre on a lift or you will be wearing it.

Aronis
May 31st, 2010, 02:43
One minute! I've changed the oil on my car 10 times now. I tried without taking down the torsion bar, No WAY can you get that filter out without taking it down (BOTH sides better) unless you have the car on a lift! With ramps and the suspension under load there is simply no room to get the filter out. I looked at the inside wheel well approach as well, and even with the car jacked up I could not get a hand on the filter from that angle, never mind get a filter wrench on it!

(by the way, it's messy no matter what I tried, the filter has to be tipped open end down to get it out of that space!, wrap everything with rags and keep the oil of of the nooks and crannies of the suspension)

The Allen size is 10 mm (the biggest on I have also LOL), but I don't recall the size for the torsion bolts.

Have fun! and use the correct oil.