PDA

View Full Version : Had my car "virtually" Stolen LOL ...Funny story

gdavison
May 27th, 2010, 08:19
Last week I was contacted by an admin of an ISP forum re ownership of this car. As he explained they had a forum member who was posting images and stories re his "new RS6".

I joined the forum and yup pictures lifted from my Detailers website Portfolio and also one from a thread on DetailingWorld (fwiw his forum name was adamr8965)

With permission from that forums admins *blanking out other users names a few screen caps)

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~gdavison/pictures/RS6-1.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~gdavison/pictures/RS6-2.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~gdavison/pictures/RS6-3.jpg

The guy was being a real DH bragging to the other forum members about how expensive it was, stupid claims re Audi costs, servicing and general miss information etc so it had to be stopped

For your fun a few choice lines from him from other posts of his

* Aye first service is free, but audi labour rates are £2 per min, nearly had a heart attack, but wont need to pay anything for the first year apart from fuel and tyres

* hmmm im going to drive it really gently and get 45mpg out of it, dunno what tyres will cost but there on 20in rims

* .... but a front brake job will set u back £4500

Pic 3 forum post Claims picked it up March 1st/2nd, and on March 31st he posted ...
Just had a price for two new rear tyres, and they are £634 each
When asked by another Member "already ?"
yep 3400 miles on the clock.

few days later on April 3rd
...got my new tyres on today bloody 275/35/20 zr.
Got them down to £240 each for conti's
When asked by another Member "about more tyres ?"
.....yeah 7500miles out the fronts

Now we have mixed tyres an axles and he's done and extra 4100 miles in like 4 days :)

After a few days of me poking him on a few questions and even a classic line of "yes my RS spec looks exactly like your spec", he still didn't twig he was caught.. So I posted my claim to ownership... The post was entitled RS06 TOY Audi RS6 is a beautiful car .. The owner must be very proud

The text of the post was ..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They must because I think I really know the truth

Ladies and gents .. I feel I should introduce myself .. I am not an NAME_OF_ISP user (however that may change as they do seem to be nicer that the ISP I am currently on)

There is one and one only reason I am currently here on your forum.. its to expose one of your members of "Virtual Car Theft" ... This was brought to my attention by a friend from an Audi forum who happens to be one of your members. In doing so I'd like to apologise for filling your inboxes with "rubbish and a few extra posts". They where for want of a better word spam and I do have do admit a childish play re drawing someone out to embarrass themselves .. However that may take to long and annoy you all in the process so starting anew if I may ....

Ladies and Gents ,,. I am the real owner of an Audi RS6 C6 Model in Sepang Blue with what Audi call "Silver" leather interior, registration mark RS06 TOY. This would mean that one of your members called "adamr8965" is liar and a fraud .. simply stated.

His pictures are lifted from the car detailer I use in ASCOT, Berkshire.. Robbie Orlando, the owner, knows me very well as he details all 3 of my cars and he shows a few pictures of my RS6 on page 4 of his portfolio and also my other cars as well if any one wants to dig deeper

Here is his portfolio .. towards the bottom of the page is my RS6 . http://www.valetmagic.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=4057566&pagesize=60&page=4

You may recognise these photos from some of adamr8965's posts

Robbie post details on cars he has been proud to clean on Detailingworld.co.uk web site on which he is a sponsor member.. The specific post re the last detail on my RS6 was

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=139943 ...LOTS more pictures of my car

If you look closely at the reg plate you will see it says Reading Audi .. not Hull Audi.. In fact if I remember right one of adamr8965 's post shows a photo of a plate with Reading Audi shown and just in case adamr8965 goes for a "second hand car" purchase claim we all know Audi dealers replate a second hand car to their plates.

As you can see Robbie and I exchange thanks (my forum name is gdavison) .. my detailing world "forum avi" is a pic of the RS6 in the Lake District (not noticed adamr8965 post that pic anywhere yet).. FWIW I will be posting a summary of Adams "claims and story" on the detailing world web site in the next few days so others are aware of his deception

If I may I'll now point you off to a few of the Audi performance car forums in the UK mainly RS/R/S orientated .. On all of them you will find me and me car under user name "gdavison" .. and on all you will find pictures adamr8965 has not ab"used" .. I hope that you can see them all and do not have to become a member to read them.. Apologies if you cannot see them

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/18468-Running-Report

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=index&name=PNphpBB2&file=garage&mode=view_vehicle&CID=182

http://audisrs.com/about5417.html

I would like to finish with an apology to you all, Audi RS drivers are not "D**kH**d's or complete t**ts" .. we do not brag about purchase, serving, running prices or the fuel economy costs .. we know that to many folk its obscene and therefore nothing to be "proud" of .. adamr8965 is IMHO NOT what a "normal" RS owner is or would want to be thought of

Finally I am not saying adamr8965 does not have a RS6.. I have no clue about this, he may ,he may not .. All I can tell you all is he DOES NOT own the one he shows pictures of and its not reg RS06 TOY

On a personal note to adamr8965 .. Thank you as I have read many a time "imitation is the sincerest of flattery"

In Closing just to be 100% clear ... as on I stated earlier re DW, in addition to the DW forum I will be posting a summary of adamr8965 "claims and story" on ALL of the Audi RS forums on which I am a member in the next few days so others are aware of his deception

Best Regards every one on this forum

the one and only thing he did get right .. IT TRULY IS AN AMAZING CAR to own and drive
RS06 aka gdavison

PS FWIW after 12000 miles its still got its 4 original tyres (from the same manufacturer not some moronic mix), does NOT cost what adamr8965 claims in service costs, does not spend weeks in the dealer "broke" .. they are actually pretty "normal" to own and run (OK I'll ignore fuel economy) ..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes I probably had too much fun :thumb:

Just in case this retriggers a "should number plates be shown" on web pictures .. to me yes they should .. Yes its personal information, but its not private information.. Any one can see the plate in any car park I use or on the road and take a photograph without my knowledge and use the photograph in anyway. If VM had blanked my plates, he'd never have been "caught" out. Use of multiple sources of pictures allowed me to underscore my ownership .. so many thanks to VM, this and the other forums in having evidence I could use

best G

Erik
May 27th, 2010, 10:37
Funny story, thanks for sharing.

I'm happy you got your car "back" :D

The RS6
June 1st, 2010, 13:12
LoL what an idiot! hahah I can't believe there are such people in the world! Can you please post if there was any reply from him after this post? :D

gdavison
June 1st, 2010, 19:10
He never replied to me directly .. Some of teh other forum members had expressed concern over having been "had" .. his response to them was

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/%7Egdavison/pictures/RS6-4.jpg

As you can see its been edited .. I wish I had seen the first pre edit response.. The forum admins are now contacting him re what he meant by"collected all the information required" comment and a few other things (which I have been asked not to discuss) which may lead to the forum owners considering legal action ..

The RS6
June 1st, 2010, 19:31
The forum admins are now contacting him re what he meant by"collected all the information required" comment and a few other things (which I have been asked not to discuss) which may lead to the forum owners considering legal action ..

hahahah keep us updated, I'd love to see how this ends :D

MrBucket
June 1st, 2010, 21:47
He never replied to me directly .. Some of teh other forum members had expressed concern over having been "had" .. his response to them was

As you can see its been edited .. I wish I had seen the first pre edit response.. The forum admins are now contacting him re what he meant by"collected all the information required" comment and a few other things (which I have been asked not to discuss) which may lead to the forum owners considering legal action ..
He probably just means the information he needed to lead them on for so long.