PDA

View Full Version : Need Summer Tires... What should I get?

rs6boston
May 24th, 2010, 16:23
I have a summer setup and need 255 35 19" tires. I am not overly concerned with wear as I will only be running them for about three or four months.

What should I get?

DHall1
May 24th, 2010, 16:38
If price is no factor then Michelin PS2.

If price is a factor then Conti extreme DW.

I have a summer setup and need 255 35 19" tires. I am not overly concerned with wear as I will only be running them for about three or four months.

What should I get?

JSRS6
May 24th, 2010, 17:05
What do yall think about the goodyear eagle gt?

AudiRS4ever
May 24th, 2010, 17:13
I am a huge fan of the Eagle F1 GS-D3, but they're no longer made. I am running the same size as you're asking about, but I have Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's. Wish I could have gotten the GS-D3's. I have the new F1's on my wife's 335XI. They're quite as any summer tire I've ever seen, but don't seem to grip as good as the old GS-D3 F1's.

Casey
May 24th, 2010, 17:23
I had Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars on my SRT8, and I hated them. I thought they wore too fast, were very noisy, and didnt grip well enough. I switched them out with Nitto Invos and seriously think its the best tire I ever had. Excellent in the wet and dry, I think they are priced well, and I have never had any problems with them. I would get them again. Right now I have Michelin Pilot Sports on my RS6, which came with it, but unfortunately havent been able to drive the car enough because of business travel to give an opinion.

AudiRS4ever
May 24th, 2010, 17:44
Huge difference between the Supercars and the GS D3's. I drove a Vette that came with the Supercars and was less than impressed. It really comes down to what the driver likes. Better and Best are both subjective terms.