PDA

View Full Version : 2003 RS6 Floor Mats and Trunk Liner

pierson
May 15th, 2010, 17:08
I know there is a fair bit of talk on the forums about floor mats. I'm a big fan of the clean durable look of the weathertech liners. Any other suggestions?

That's not the reason i started this post. I hate to start a new post on such a minor subject, but i can't seem to find what i'm looking for. I'm 99.9% certain that traveling through the back-log of posts someone mentioned something about buying a trunk liner for a A6? maybe and cutting out the hole for the rs6 battery? am i crazy? I cant seem to find it.

V8weight
May 15th, 2010, 17:18
Exactly, you have to buy the A6 trunk mat and cut it to clear the battery compartment. I run the factory Audi winter mats. The fitment is for the A6 4.2, you just have to buy the ones without the logo. I prefer these over the weather tech mats personally. I work on cars every day, and from what I've seen in customer cars, the weather tech mats don't seem to hold up to extended use.

ben916
May 15th, 2010, 21:55
Speak of the devil!!!!

While searching ETKA, I stumbled upon a part number for the all weather mats and so the story goes....

"A reply has been sent.

To view your reply, Goto http://genuinevwaudiparts.com (http://genuinevwaudiparts.com/) and login, then Click on "Your Account", then "Messages".
Username: bmw916@gmail.com
==============================<wbr>==============================<wbr>=======
Hi Benjamin. These will not fit properly. Audi lists the monster mats part number of ZAW179005BLK for the 2003 RS6. This is a set of four rubber mats. our price 101.48. They only come in black. Ingrid"

do you, Pat, have a part number for the A6 trunk mat?

pierson
May 16th, 2010, 00:23
are the interior dimensions of the 03 rs6 identical to the a6?

ben916
May 16th, 2010, 17:25
are the interior dimensions of the 03 rs6 identical to the a6?

I understand that the A6 4.2 interior has the same transmission hump/bulge as the RS6, so if you are looking at the mats, you should look for the A6 4.2 model's mats (assuming RS6 mats are not available)

p3u
May 17th, 2010, 04:49
I was under the impression the transmission tunnel was larger on the RS6, and the mats don't fit.

snoopra
May 17th, 2010, 07:29
I currently use a set of A6 4.2L rubber mats. The rears fit perfect, used a heat gun to "help" the fronts lay a little better:) so yes they do fit.

p3u
May 17th, 2010, 07:59
I'm 99.9% certain that traveling through the back-log of posts someone mentioned something about buying a trunk liner for a A6? maybe and cutting out the hole for the rs6 battery? am i crazy? I cant seem to find it.

I have an S6 liner in mine, cut to fit

ben916
May 17th, 2010, 08:20
I emailed Ingrid at genuinevwaudiparts about ZAW179005BLK for a photo and/or fitment.... waiting....

V8weight
May 17th, 2010, 15:06
Guys, your making this way too hard :) The correct part number is ZAW179005BLK, which is the A6 4.2 fitment without logo. I actually run these year round, and they fit like a sock on a rooster. I'll have you know that Rachel, the girl who HAS actually burned chicken noodle soup bought my mats for me with no trouble finding the correct fitment :)

Jimmy
May 17th, 2010, 15:40
http://www.hoica.de/

Or get ones that are much nicer (and more $$) than OE.... I got black carpeted ones with a nice RS stiched logo.