PDA

View Full Version : The Beast is on it's way to Richmond again..

JSRS6
May 15th, 2010, 14:05
...only this time without me :-(. This past wednesday there were torrential rains in the Norfolk area. Keep in mind that on thursday I had every intention of replacing my rear tires. In their defense, they did look like street legal drag radials. To make a short story even shorter, I hydroplaned when I switched lanes. My ass kept going with the momentum. To genxer, it was on 64W, right around the willoughby exit. When I figure out how to post pics, I will. Its not THAT bad. The initial estimate is 4500 with my 250 deductible. Half of that is parts, and the other half is paint and labor. She should be back on the road around the third. Until then, I have a brand new 2010 A4 2.0T quattro as a rental/loaner from West Broad Audi in Richmond. Not bad for 42/day :-)

SAF
May 15th, 2010, 17:36
Huge bummer!

GEN XER
May 15th, 2010, 18:35
...only this time without me :-(. This past wednesday there were torrential rains in the Norfolk area. Keep in mind that on thursday I had every intention of replacing my rear tires. In their defense, they did look like street legal drag radials. To make a short story even shorter, I hydroplaned when I switched lanes. My ass kept going with the momentum. To genxer, it was on 64W, right around the willoughby exit. When I figure out how to post pics, I will. Its not THAT bad. The initial estimate is 4500 with my 250 deductible. Half of that is parts, and the other half is paint and labor. She should be back on the road around the third. Until then, I have a brand new 2010 A4 2.0T quattro as a rental/loaner from West Broad Audi in Richmond. Not bad for 42/day :-)

Oh No!!! Very familiar with that area. Glad to see you took it West Broad Audi. They take care of you up there. I took my car their for maint. until I found HB Motorwerks in Chesapeake.

JSRS6
May 15th, 2010, 19:06
Yeah, same here. That's who did my right front strut before I hit a pothole in a corner on elbow road. Then of course I got the pss9's. I like racewerks in vb. The are like literally 3 minutes from the house :-). And when I just walked in to get my alignment done, John took the car that was on the rack off and did mine while I waited.

GEN XER
May 15th, 2010, 20:36
Yeah, same here. That's who did my right front strut before I hit a pothole in a corner on elbow road. Then of course I got the pss9's. I like racewerks in vb. The are like literally 3 minutes from the house :-). And when I just walked in to get my alignment done, John took the car that was on the rack off and did mine while I waited.

Ill keep them in mind for alignments in the future. Do they also have Wheel balancing and tire replacement capabilities?

Boost+V8=:)
May 17th, 2010, 23:19
I live in Richmond right off Broad street downtown. I would never drive my RS on those streets but that really sucks to hear about yours man. Good luck.

MaxRS6
May 17th, 2010, 23:49
Bummer- but good news it is repairable and you live to write about it. It sounds like you have a quality repair on the way.

Good luck and we await the pics like vultures...;0

JSRS6
May 18th, 2010, 00:04
Here are the pics from after the accident:
On my Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=218110&id=511382274&l=1d0ae2671d

ben916
May 18th, 2010, 18:11
Here are the pics from after the accident:
On my Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=218110&id=511382274&l=1d0ae2671d

you've got FB invite...

Looks like more front end damage than rear...
Might NOT wanna post your onion skins (tires) on FB...

JSRS6
May 18th, 2010, 18:20
Why do you say that Ben? Its already been appraised. Or cause I should be ashamed that they were that low, lol?

ben916
May 18th, 2010, 18:39
Why do you say that Ben? Its already been appraised. Or cause I should be ashamed that they were that low, lol?

They might says some $hit about "well you were negligent on your tires, blah, blah, blah"
Ashamed? Nah, you were planning on getting new ones the very next day, as you posted.

skribe
May 18th, 2010, 19:48
Driving around on bald tires, hydroplaning, and creating an unnecessary accident? Not something I'd be sharing with the world via social media. I would be embarrassed.

JSRS6
May 18th, 2010, 19:55
Well i am. Definitely not pround that it happened. And in the place it happened(two lane over water), it could have been alot worse. so I count myself lucky that day.