PDA

View Full Version : PSS9's and ARB's

JSRS6
May 12th, 2010, 04:03
My suspension came in monday at 6, and my arb's the friday previous. Pulled an all nighter last night and got the suspension installed. Did some adjustments today and am very satisfied with the ride height and the stiffness. Put the hotchkis kit on today, and it keeps getting better. Aside from one little hiccup at the very end(the press-in stud on the passenger side bushing mount broke as i was tightening the last nut), i am very happy with the new setup. All that is left is the alignment tomorrow. :RS5fan:

RS6Steve
May 12th, 2010, 07:01
Good call, much better than DRC. Have them on mine and they are fantastic, dampening set to 4?

JSRS6
May 12th, 2010, 15:28
Its in the 4-5 range. :-)

AudiRS4ever
May 12th, 2010, 20:55
Pics? How do you think it rides compared with stock?

JSRS6
May 12th, 2010, 23:13
After the alignment that i JUST got back from, id say it rides better. Stiffer, but better. And the ARB kit DEFINITELY helps solidify things. You look at the pic and think, yeah its a big front sway bar, but until you hold it, you dont realize how thick it really is. I did a test drive after installing the rear, and another after installing the front. Definitely a good investment. I will post pics soon. Washing her right now. Ran up here to get the microfiber and saw i had a reply. On a side note, i will be traveling from here(virginia beach, va) to houston on the 25th. If anyone reading this is in atlanta(halfway point) or houston, id love to meet up with some rs6ers along the way ;-)

GEN XER
May 13th, 2010, 00:41
Hey Im in Va Bch where are you JS?

Aronis
May 13th, 2010, 21:51
Which Kit did you get?

I read that they had devoped the PSS10 (was only out for BMW and Porsche if I recall).

Was there an improvement made in the Model for the RS6 line? I thought there was a fit problem?

Different part number than the one for the regular A6???

Thanks,

Mike

(PS All Nighter- DIY -nice work! )

JSRS6
May 15th, 2010, 13:46
@GEN-XER: I live in Virginia beach. 275-6757
@mike: thanks, lol. Yeah the box said pss9/pss10/something else. I had no problems at all with fitment. There was a small disparity in the height settings I had to use for the fronts. The rears were both set at 2 inches from the beginning of the threading to the bottom of the lower ring on the perch. I have all four corners set at 4-5 dampening. The front heights were a little different. The drivers side was 4.5 inches, but the passenger side needed to be 4.8 to get the same ride height. I was using a micrometer by the way. These settings, for me, set the car about an inch lower all around. Little bit more aggressive stance.

GEN XER
May 15th, 2010, 19:49
I'm in Wesleyan Chase off Diamond Springs what about you?

JSRS6
May 15th, 2010, 20:04
Off london Bridge in the Strawbridge area. After i get back from my trip and get the beast back, we should get together. You sold yours, didnt you? How is the project coming?

GEN XER
May 15th, 2010, 20:28
Yes I sold mine. I am waiting on parts for the VW right now. Sounds good on the get together. We can meet up at HB in Chesapeake on the weekend. I am leaving for SC at the end of May. Bike week. Then I head to FL week one of June. My youngest of three son's graduates from High School on June 8th. Then I head to Atlanta to visit with Family for a couple weeks. The car should be done by the time I get back.

uncfrk
May 15th, 2010, 23:50
@GEN-XER: I live in Virginia beach. 275-6757
@mike: thanks, lol. Yeah the box said pss9/pss10/something else. I had no problems at all with fitment. There was a small disparity in the height settings I had to use for the fronts. The rears were both set at 2 inches from the beginning of the threading to the bottom of the lower ring on the perch. I have all four corners set at 4-5 dampening. The front heights were a little different. The drivers side was 4.5 inches, but the passenger side needed to be 4.8 to get the same ride height. I was using a micrometer by the way. These settings, for me, set the car about an inch lower all around. Little bit more aggressive stance.

I'm curious why the difference in settings to get to the proper ride height up front? It almost seems that our Beasts should be set on scales to be assured that adjustments don't induce unwanted cross weight with after market suspensions. The Hotchkis ARB made a big difference in my car as did the MTM shift chip.

JSRS6
May 16th, 2010, 16:13
I want the MTM tcu. How fast was the turnaround from hoppen?

uncfrk
May 16th, 2010, 17:39
I want the MTM tcu. How fast was the turnaround from hoppen?

If Mike knows it's coming, I'll bet he could next day it back with in 1 day. It's easy to remove & replace.