PDA

View Full Version : Fidelity denied my claim for an upper control arm

gooseleg
May 11th, 2010, 17:17
Fidelity denied my claim for an upper control arm claiming it’s not covered due to the cars mileage over 50,00 and it’s not a failure it’s wear and tear, should I pursue?:w:

One of Twenty
May 11th, 2010, 17:45
Not sure. Mine is going in today for some work as well with a Fidelity policy (Platinum). I've had the car for a week and noticed a not-so-nice sound from the front steering/suspension. AM radio antenna does not work either. My car has 13.2k miles so hopefully I won't/can't get the wear/tear denial from them.

Have others had problems with Fidelity? I've heard that they had a decent rep. Your post has me a bit concerned.

DHall1
May 11th, 2010, 18:48
Honestly,

I dont like this direction from Fidelity/Audi.

Why buy an extended warranty at say 44,000 miles if the contract is just going to say wear and tear.

Control arms are not brake pads, wiper blades, spark plugs.

What next? Uh sir your main bearings are wore out and you are going to pay.

I would fight it. Enough is enough. I mean really, my wifes E55 AMG is a similar vehicle and has 58k. The front control arm bushings were shot on that as well. No problem, covered 100%. You mean to tell me Mercedes is going to cover their cars better than Audi?????

DHall1
May 11th, 2010, 18:51
Twenty,

This early in your policy and it may get denied. I would take it back to the dealer first and let them make it right. Fidelity will say it was sold to you that way. For the price you paid and the mileage of the car. They need to make it right if something is broken. Also, read up on the DRC symptoms and make certain you dont have a DRC issue.

Not sure. Mine is going in today for some work as well with a Fidelity policy (Platinum). I've had the car for a week and noticed a not-so-nice sound from the front steering/suspension. AM radio antenna does not work either. My car has 13.2k miles so hopefully I won't/can't get the wear/tear denial from them.

Have others had problems with Fidelity? I've heard that they had a decent rep. Your post has me a bit concerned.

One of Twenty
May 11th, 2010, 19:21
DRC issue/s were allegedly sorted by the prior owner (recall issue?).

One of Twenty
May 11th, 2010, 19:25
Twenty,

I would take it back to the dealer first and let them make it right.

Can't readily do that as the dealer is in Dallas and I'm in Houston.

gooseleg
May 11th, 2010, 19:35
Is there a relationship between Audi and Fidelity

DHall1
May 11th, 2010, 21:05
From memory so dont quote me.

Audi is the money behind the policies. Fidelity just administers the plans.

Is there a relationship between Audi and Fidelity

DHall1
May 11th, 2010, 21:07
Means nothing. Many dealers still have no idea how to fix the DRC properly.

Then have the car checked out in Houston but call the dealer in Dallas and let them know you have issues. Have it checked out.....give instructions not to contact the extended warranty yet. Get the diagnosis and go from there

DRC issue/s were allegedly sorted by the prior owner (recall issue?).

GEN XER
May 11th, 2010, 21:13
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20179-Platinum-Coverage-Claim-Denied?highlight=

I tried to sound the Alarm months ago but was told to suck it up. Now it seems to be becoming a regular occurrence for fidelity to use the 50K BS line even when they sale you a warranty after 50K miles. Fidelity has realized that they are on the hook for a lot of transmission in the near future, because Audi in order to save bucks advertises "Lifetime" transmission oil, so original car buyers never change the trans oil. Now seven years down the road and the trans has the same oil in it and it has 70K miles on it and Fidelity has put an extended warranty on it and boom it goes tits up and they are out $7500, do you really think they are concerned about control arms at this time? LOL!! I had my lawyer look at my contract and the key is Arbitration, you cant sue them, all disputes are handled through arbitration, outside the court, its in your contract. Who the hell is going to pay a lawyer and go through all this for $600? No one and they know it. Got you by the ball sack! Now they will pay for an engine or trans because they know you will fight that but all this other stuff you are not going to get. Im done with Fidelity. Next.

http://www.sec.gov/answers/arbproc.htm

One of Twenty
May 11th, 2010, 21:20
Means nothing. Many dealers still have no idea how to fix the DRC properly.

Then have the car checked out in Houston but call the dealer in Dallas and let them know you have issues. Have it checked out.....give instructions not to contact the extended warranty yet. Get the diagnosis and go from there

Allegedly a good mech. University Park Audi in Dallas.

V8weight
May 11th, 2010, 21:21
Ahh, I'll stick with my Zurich comprehensive warranty.

GEN XER
May 11th, 2010, 22:42
Ahh, I'll stick with my Zurich comprehensive warranty.

I'll have to give them a look in the future.

gooseleg
May 11th, 2010, 22:45
I'll have to give them a look in the future.

same here

SAFE4NOW
May 12th, 2010, 02:26
Fidelity denied my claim for an upper control arm claiming it’s not covered due to the cars mileage over 50,00 and it’s not a failure it’s wear and tear, should I pursue?:w:

It's all in how the claim was processed. Depending on the wording of your service advisor, it very well could have ( read: should have ) been covered. Not 30 days ago, I processed a claim for upper arms, that had failed, zero resistance, covered.

So, while I do not argue that ALL extended warranties are crossing their T's and dotting their I's, coverage starts and end in how the claim itself is initiated by the dealership.

Obviously an opinion and I can only speak for my own personal experience

S

p.s. Don't bother fighting THIS claim, it's done. But in the future, make sure the claim starts off someting like this: " Client Reports: Metallic popping noise from front end .... "

Cause: Upper Right control arm failed / collapsed / ( anything but worn or torn )

Mikk23
May 12th, 2010, 02:49
I couldn't get the comprehensive from Zurich...they said due to the age of the car they could only offer me a "preferred" which is one step down...maybe you got yours last year v8weight? I pushed for the comprehensive but was shut down after he called his rep and confirmed what the computer said. I went ahead and got a 3/36k plan with 69k on my car (keep in mind if I would have crossed that 70k mark I would have only been able to get a 2/24k plan...lucky me). It still covers everything major...just skips out on items like the dimming rear view mirrors and a few other items. I can live with that. I made sure and called the company and asked an adjuster if they would pay to have the engine pulled if an EGT sensor went bad...he said EGT sensors are covered and any labor that goes along with them. I after picking at his brain for 15 minutes on different scenarios, I was satisfied and shelled out the cash the next day.

DHall1
May 12th, 2010, 02:56
+1

I agree 1000%

And Willie, I hear ya and its not looking good for Fidelity. Too bad really, I was a big fan in the past.

It's all in how the claim was processed. Depending on the wording of your service advisor, it very well could have ( read: should have ) been covered. Not 30 days ago, I processed a claim for upper arms, that had failed, zero resistance, covered.

So, while I do not argue that ALL extended warranties are crossing their T's and dotting their I's, coverage starts and end in how the claim itself is initiated by the dealership.

Obviously an opinion and I can only speak for my own personal experience

S

p.s. Don't bother fighting THIS claim, it's done. But in the future, make sure the claim starts off someting like this: " Client Reports: Metallic popping noise from front end .... "

Cause: Upper Right control arm failed / collapsed / ( anything but worn or torn )

V8weight
May 12th, 2010, 03:20
I couldn't get the comprehensive from Zurich...they said due to the age of the car they could only offer me a "preferred" which is one step down...maybe you got yours last year v8weight? I pushed for the comprehensive but was shut down after he called his rep and confirmed what the computer said. I went ahead and got a 3/36k plan with 69k on my car (keep in mind if I would have crossed that 70k mark I would have only been able to get a 2/24k plan...lucky me). It still covers everything major...just skips out on items like the dimming rear view mirrors and a few other items. I can live with that. I made sure and called the company and asked an adjuster if they would pay to have the engine pulled if an EGT sensor went bad...he said EGT sensors are covered and any labor that goes along with them. I after picking at his brain for 15 minutes on different scenarios, I was satisfied and shelled out the cash the next day.
Ya, I bought mine Dec. '08 with 58k on the clock. I actually was just recently going through my paper work (incidentally to answer your pm about the Zurich warranty) and realized that I got duped by the dealership that sold it to me. They told me that they would sell me the 3/36 at net price which was $3600. I hadn't realized that they actually charged me the full list price of $4100. At any rate, I could see why Zurich could could have tightened their belt on the RS6 after insuring my car for a year and a half. Oh and sorry about never getting back to you in regard to your questions. I think after seeing what had happened with my warranty purchase I got sidetracked...

Mikk23
May 12th, 2010, 04:12
No big deal...I saw several posts where you recommended the company. Dealer pulled a fast one on you eh...hate it when that happens...I'm about ready to mail Go Motors a box full of my Great Danes poo. But anyway...I ended up getting the preferred plan 3/36 for about 3970 or something like that for mine at 69k. To compare, when I called for a fidelity quote they wanted 7900 for a 4/48k...I told them I'd pass

gooseleg
May 23rd, 2010, 17:51
Based on the dealers observation I went ahead and changed not one but all 4 upper arms on my own and the clunking noise has not gone away it's on the passenger side what else could it be?

V8weight
May 23rd, 2010, 17:58
Well, in a nutshell, it could be lower control arms, swaybar links, or upper strut mounts.

DHall1
May 23rd, 2010, 19:05
Steering rack mounts.

Well, in a nutshell, it could be lower control arms, swaybar links, or upper strut mounts.