PDA

View Full Version : How does the airbox come out??

HeadShot
May 10th, 2010, 23:52
Was replacing some hoses and need the air box out. Have taken the intake (4") pipes off. The 10mm nuts on either side off (X2) and teh center allen bolt out. What else is holding it in there. It's kinda loose... you can wiggle it abit but i just can't find what im missing here to get it out.. looking through the manual now... doesn't look helpful.
Any advice.
Thanks
N.

HeadShot
May 11th, 2010, 00:05
Forget it -- ya just had to pull up and bak gently/firmly... there are some plastic pins on teh bottom of the box into rubber gromets on the engine side. Too easy.

snoopra
May 11th, 2010, 00:07
You have to "man handle" it alittle:) The driver side MAF harness gets caught on the wiring harness, lift up the passenger side, unplug the the wiring, then wiggle it up and to the left and it should pop out.

snoopra
May 11th, 2010, 00:08
Oh rats!! Late post:) Glad you got it.

HeadShot
May 11th, 2010, 01:52
Thanks for the quick assist. One of those days i start tinkering alittle late in the day and run into a WTF... I didn't want to put it all back together without getting my vaccum hoses done.
Really nice to know you can throw out a life line on this forum and someone is bound to give ya a hand.
Thanks again
H.S

snoopra
May 11th, 2010, 04:21
No prob. First time I tried to pull it I felt the same way......WTF!!!