PDA

View Full Version : MTM TCU user question

p3u
May 9th, 2010, 00:10
Hey,

Just curious, to everyone that has been using the MTM TCU for some time, could you post a long term assesment of it? How many miles you have and if any problems.

Wondering if it really prolongs the TC life on the Beast.

Thanks!

HeadShot
May 9th, 2010, 00:58
Tough question.. I have 10k on mine and still love it!!! No problems - but i think everyone does what they can to save the tranny. If your doing alot of launches..well the TCU chip is kinda irrelevant to a cause of failure. So hard to say the cause of a normal failure under normal conditions. I'm changing the fluid over to BND stuff next month and then fingers crossed. So far so good on the MTM chipped TCU.

snoopra
May 9th, 2010, 04:12
Well, I don't drive the beast half as much as I should but here's my .02...... Most RS 6 "trans" failures are actually TC failures, US trans TC slips alot to reduce wear but actually causes TC failure. MTM TCU chip reduces the TC slip and inproves shifts. I immediately noticed the impovement in shift time (time between gears), helps with fuel economy (35mph in 5) and feels like the beast should have been from factory.........I'm happy with it.....no problems to date (did chip Jan.'09..not sure of milage).