PDA

View Full Version : I have been lurking for 1.5yrs, but looking for another Mugello RS6 (1 Beast Down)

yokust
May 4th, 2010, 17:24
So my name is Troy, and live out on Denver, CO. I work on VW/Audis at the dealer for 10yrs, and 2yr at an independent VW/Audi shop

I have been lurking around these forums for along time, but fully joined last year (but never posted)

I HAD a 2003 Mugello Blue RS6 w/Black leather interior and Carbon trim

It had a few things down to it. KW v2 coilovers, H-Sport sway bars, ECS brakelines, RS4 front rotors, APR ecu/tcm software, APR R1's, Apikol intake system, Apikol intercoolers, VenAir silicone hoses, Custom Phenolic spacers, Custom v-banded stock downpipes w/no precats, Apikol rear diff support, clear corners w/black trim headlights, 00 A6 tails

Well long story short, over the weekend I was hit by a semi trailer while the driver was trying to avoid an accident ahead of them. I went under the trailer, when it was swinging back into my lane.
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/20100502/NEWS/100509957&parentprofile=search

I am very lucky to be alive, and fully beleive if it wasn't for this car I would be dead. I walked away with very minor injuries considering what happened, only minor cuts and bruises and a fractured eye socket.

Here is a aftermath shot when the car got back to the dealer I work at yesterday.

Sorry for being a downer for my 1st post.

But it took me 6 months in 2008 to find the option car that I wanted, and found it in Jan 2009.

If anyone has any leads on a Mugello Blue, Black Leather, Carbon trim car, I would much appreciate if anyone can help me out finding another one since my baby is gone

ben916
May 4th, 2010, 17:48
First off - Thank goodness you are alive!
Second - Thank goodness for Audi's excellent all around engineering otherwise this might be another type of story. Your RS6 was sacrificed for your safety.

Do you really have your heart set on a Mugello Blue?
There is a black one in Texas that has very low mileage (±12,000)

PM sent

P.S. - I have you beat on the lurking - 4 yrs... :)

yokust
May 4th, 2010, 17:54
As of right now my heart needs another Mugello Blue car, for obvious emotional attachment issues

I am partial to Avus Silver also, but going to hunt for hopefully my twin and see what turns up

snoopra
May 4th, 2010, 18:07
Dude, your first post is an uplifter... considering you survived! Thank GOD and the BEAST! Welcome, officially to best forum on earth! I feel for you on this one since it's my fav color:) I'm sure someone here will know the location of what you seek!

rks838
May 4th, 2010, 18:11
yokust, first of all, that's an amazing story and I'm happy to hear you walked away from it alive. that said, while the Mugello RS6 did save your life, aren't you tempting karma by holding out for another one? :)

snoopra
May 4th, 2010, 18:13
Looking at the rear portion of the "after" photo, it seems to be spliced, cut or something right at the rear side glass??? Two pics???

ben916
May 4th, 2010, 18:23
Looking at the rear portion of the "after" photo, it seems to be spliced, cut or something right at the rear side glass??? Two pics???

to me, it looks like the frame took a heavy hit and the escape hatch (see the rear roof hole) was needed for jettison...
I bet the trucking company is kicking themselves for messing up THAT car...

yokust
May 4th, 2010, 18:37
Thanks for all the support

Here are some of the pics I have loaded onto my computer

When I went under the trailer it ripped the a-pillar off the car, and luckily rolled on the outside of the vehicle in stead of coming in towards me. And on the b-pillar you can see where the trailer stopped, which was right at my head point.

If I was not 6'4" it might have been worse also

yokust
May 4th, 2010, 18:38
And I am not sure yet if I am cheating karma by getting another Mugello RS6

But I am also not sure if I cannot have another Mugello one

Erik
May 4th, 2010, 18:53
Interesting first post. Glad to see you're alive!

Welcome and have fun!

MaxRS6
May 4th, 2010, 19:17
^+1

Congrats on being able to tell your story! Sad to see one bite the dust. ;(

Good luck with the hunt and a speedy recovery!

p3u
May 4th, 2010, 20:39
Sorry to see that happen Troy, shit happens, but at least you're alright. You'll find a nice RS6 to replace it with I'm sure. Guess we'll never know who's car was faster though, I was looking foward to Bandimere this summer.:race:

You keeping the car to part out or insurance keeping it?

darrenswift
May 4th, 2010, 21:46
You're one lucky chap! Sorry to hear about your ordeal, but as others have said, you're VERY lucky to have survived that.
Doubt those scratches will polish out though :)

yokust
May 4th, 2010, 22:13
Sorry to see that happen Troy, shit happens, but at least you're alright. You'll find a nice RS6 to replace it with I'm sure. Guess we'll never know who's car was faster though, I was looking foward to Bandimere this summer.:race:

You keeping the car to part out or insurance keeping it?

I have already run mine down the track this year, and only thing that changed was the downpipes w/no cats. So when you run let me know what times you consistantly pull off, because I am sure it will be better since you have a trans that works now

Not sure whats happening to car yet. Its back at my dealer so I can pull all my parts off of it. Insurance needs to do research on car to give me a value of her, and than give me cost of keeping it

There is not much left on it worth while. Motor is toast, camshaft sprocket broke off on drivers bank and oil cooler lines busted

Maybe you can come up to denver and give me a ride while I am without mine

Holiday
May 4th, 2010, 22:21
My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!

mmaturo
May 4th, 2010, 22:21
Wow. Amazing and glad you are indeed ok, what a mess. Good luck on the search. I just replaced my old TT with one absolutely identical to it for similar sentimental reasons and as i hopped out fine after hitting a concrete planter at 30 mph in an accident 5 years ago, bought my RS6 the next morning. My ex-wife was saved in a similar Semi side swipe by our Audi cabriolet. The car stayed straight while it changed lanes into her and the door structure saved her as the front wheel of the truck tore through the entire drivers side of the car. Not nearly as violent as your hit.

skribe
May 4th, 2010, 23:21
+1 on being alive to tell the tale!

I hope you can buy the salvage from your insurance provider to get all the apikol bits off! Was the intake worth any power? Love the way it lets you hear the turbos spool (some mystery RS6 has them in a friend's neighborhood) but did it add any power? Seems like you'd get a lot of hot air in the cone filters?

There's a mugello blue in my home town (not a board member) I'll flag him if I see him.

ben916
May 5th, 2010, 00:07
+1 on being alive to tell the tale!

I hope you can buy the salvage from your insurance provider to get all the apikol bits off! Was the intake worth any power? Love the way it lets you hear the turbos spool (some mystery RS6 has them in a friend's neighborhood) but did it add any power? Seems like you'd get a lot of hot air in the cone filters?

There's a mugello blue in my home town (not a board member) I'll flag him if I see him.

you mean this?
https://www.apikol.com/#Products,Engine,105

O/T-Cornishmoocher has the best sounding spooling I have heard! THAT is what I want! Not necessarily the blow-off valve ricer sound...

yokust
May 5th, 2010, 00:15
I will be able to get all my goodies off the car

As for performance with Apikol products. I am a good friend with the owner of Apikol (they are local), my car was used as a 'test mule' for them for everything. And before and after dyno tests happened on a Superflow dyno here in town.

Intakes not only added amazing throttle response and sound, but actually did make 10whp gains. Though they do allow hot air to enter, BUT they allow enough air that the engine actually needs. On the dyno when we first made my intercoolers, we noticed that the stock air plenum was actually sucking in under full throttle because the air cleaner size and design of box was not enough that the engine needed.

I have a video of the intake pulling down, it is hard to see until you see it pop up when the throttle is released. I would need to load it up to my youtube site to get it on here

yokust
May 5th, 2010, 00:16
you mean this?
https://www.apikol.com/#Products,Engine,105

O/T-Cornishmoocher has the best sounding spooling I have heard! THAT is what I want! Not necessarily the blow-off valve ricer sound...

I promise the noise is not ricer at all, just a good air release noise that you hear on most big turbo cars

ben916
May 5th, 2010, 00:19
I promise the noise is not ricer at all, just a good air release noise that you hear on most big turbo cars

That would be awesome to see and I am sure there are some forum members that would like to see that also!
youtube or photobucket, either one

V8weight
May 5th, 2010, 00:20
I had no idea that Apikol had so many products available for the RS6. The rear differential mount is a great idea, I'm sure I'll be picking one of these up soon. I'm tired of feeling my rear diff flop around back there.

ben916
May 5th, 2010, 00:21
I had no idea that Apikol had so many products available for the RS6. The rear differential mount is a great idea, I'm sure I'll be picking one of these up soon. I'm tired of feeling my rear diff flop around back there.

no comment.... :)

V8weight
May 5th, 2010, 00:32
no comment.... :)
Ah, wise guy eh? Get your mind out of the gutter. :)

yokust
May 5th, 2010, 00:46
http://www.youtube.com/user/yokust

Its a good thing I am stuck at home right now

I uploaded them to youtube page

DHall1
May 5th, 2010, 01:12
Sorry about the car dude. I know that section of Colorado very well.

Will CDOT ever enforce proper snow equipment for the idiots that drive in the mountains? One can only hope.

I am sure you will find the another beast. Good luck

DHall1
May 5th, 2010, 01:26
I dont know if a slight deflection in the intake lid means the box is too small.

Sportec and MTM make 600hp on the stock intake.

It could just mean the lid is designed with deflection as a normal yield to keep it from cracking.

As for performance with Apikol products. I am a good friend with the owner of Apikol (they are local), my car was used as a 'test mule' for them for everything. And before and after dyno tests happened on a Superflow dyno here in town.

Intakes not only added amazing throttle response and sound, but actually did make 10whp gains. Though they do allow hot air to enter, BUT they allow enough air that the engine actually needs. On the dyno when we first made my intercoolers, we noticed that the stock air plenum was actually sucking in under full throttle because the air cleaner size and design of box was not enough that the engine needed.

I have a video of the intake pulling down, it is hard to see until you see it pop up when the throttle is released. I would need to load it up to my youtube site to get it on here

yokust
May 5th, 2010, 01:53
I agree that deflection does not mean restriction

BUT, Apikol are mechanical engineers and did flow tests of filter size and calculated what cfm the motor pulls in at max power and found that filter was not capable of cfm motor needed

And it did make 10whp more back to back on dyno with different setups on the car, which would equate to 30% more at the crank with driveline loss numbers

p3u
May 5th, 2010, 01:56
I agree that deflection does not mean restriction

BUT, Apikol are mechanical engineers and did flow tests of filter size and calculated what cfm the motor pulls in at max power and found that filter was not capable of cfm motor needed

And it did make 10whp more back to back on dyno with different setups on the car, which would equate to 30% more at the crank with driveline loss numbers

That and it sounds really cool :)

V8weight
May 5th, 2010, 02:06

Wouldn't the bulging of the air cleaner upon letting off the throttle be attributed to the diverter valves releasing pressure?

yokust
May 5th, 2010, 05:22
Yes and No

The videos do not do it justice how much the air cleaner housing was sucking in and releasing. The bulging was just the visual point in the video where you can see it pop back up to its normal level.

skribe
May 6th, 2010, 19:47
Apikol are friends of yours?
GROUP BUY! GROUP BUY! GROUP BUY!

Beastly
May 7th, 2010, 01:44
2nd the group buy comment!

yokust
May 7th, 2010, 02:09
I will ask them when I see them tomorrow afternoon

yokust
May 7th, 2010, 02:10
Back to original topic

I can buy back the rubble for $1500 after all said and done, I am 98% sure I am going to do it

Anyone going to want anything off the car. Not much left body wise but lots of good parts left

skribe
May 7th, 2010, 03:42
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/hounds_release_them-243x300.gif
RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

AudiRS4ever
May 7th, 2010, 15:51
I heard about your accident through the grape vine. Really sorry to hear about ut. Glad you're ok though. I bet you easily get your 1,500 back just in parts. If your carbon trim is still in good shape I'd be happy to purchase it if the price is right. Again, glad you're ok.

blueRS6
May 7th, 2010, 21:47
Hi Troy,
I've got a Mug blue RS6 with 30,000 mi.s on it - I've already done the 35,000 mi. service and its been extremely well maintained. But I'm out here in Reno. It's an immaculate car and I'm reluctant to part with it but with a kid just getting ready to start driving and limited garage space...so I could be motivated.
Anyway, really glad to see that the car protected you.
Let me know if you have an interest and I'll send you pics.

yokust
May 8th, 2010, 00:09
Hi Troy,
I've got a Mug blue RS6 with 30,000 mi.s on it - I've already done the 35,000 mi. service and its been extremely well maintained. But I'm out here in Reno. It's an immaculate car and I'm reluctant to part with it but with a kid just getting ready to start driving and limited garage space...so I could be motivated.
Anyway, really glad to see that the car protected you.
Let me know if you have an interest and I'll send you pics.

What interior is it? I am really only looking for Black

yokust
May 8th, 2010, 00:10
I heard about your accident through the grape vine. Really sorry to hear about ut. Glad you're ok though. I bet you easily get your 1,500 back just in parts. If your carbon trim is still in good shape I'd be happy to purchase it if the price is right. Again, glad you're ok.

Yeah hopefully everything works out well

I am going to keep my carbon trim, because the car at prestige I might buy does not have it, and it seems alot of the cars for sale do not either

blueRS6
May 8th, 2010, 00:25
Black leather, carbon fibre trim. Never raced or abused. Always garaged. New Michelins. Integrated radar detector.
19" HRE wheels - although I think the stock wheels are more comfortable.

yokust
May 8th, 2010, 00:38
Black leather, carbon fibre trim. Never raced or abused. Always garaged. New Michelins. Integrated radar detector.

Sent you a PM with email address and questions

DHall1
May 8th, 2010, 04:21
Can you post pics of your car?

AudiRS4ever
May 8th, 2010, 15:08
Yeah hopefully everything works out well

I am going to keep my carbon trim, because the car at prestige I might buy does not have it, and it seems alot of the cars for sale do not either

I definitely understand keeping it. It is rare to find in these. If you end up with one that does have it and you end up selling yours, let me know. Good luck with your hunt. Sounds like you've got some great options out there.

dinah-mo-humm
May 17th, 2010, 16:27
Hi Troy.

I am brand new to this board so perhaps you have found your replacement Mugello Blue RS6. If not, I have a Calfornia one that my interest you. It has the Carbon trim but the Silver leather interior -- not black. It is in great shape: 47K miles; DRC swapped for a PSS9 Coilover system 2 years ago. If you want more info feel free to contact me.

Brad Shafer

2raudi
May 17th, 2010, 17:16
I want parts. Sell me all the rotors.