PDA

View Full Version : Still not quick enough

Shoppinit
May 3rd, 2010, 16:32
Hey guys, I'm turning to you to ask you what kind of 0-60 or 30-70 times you're getting on a stock car.

The best I can do is about 5.2 (0-60) or 5.5 (0-100kmh) with 30-70 taking 4.4s.

I've changed everything I can think of that might affect performance: DVs; N75; N215; N115; MAF; I/C and I still feel like the juice isn't there.

Or maybe it's just me. I was rolling roaded at 450hp so maybe it's all in my head and these cars don't do 0-60 in 4.5.

I'm launching it in tiptro with my foot on the brake until about 2300rpm then foot to the floor. This with ESP and aircon off.

Has anyone got any figures.

PS. I'm convinced my tranny is fine.

4everRS
May 3rd, 2010, 17:03
I've done some runs that aren't probably very accurate using a stopwatch and the best I could do to 60 was about 5.2. Haven't checked it after the mtm tcu chip though.

I think V8weight did 4.7(vag-com) with a tune, but on a less than perfect road.

V8weight
May 3rd, 2010, 19:27
I've done some runs that aren't probably very accurate using a stopwatch and the best I could do to 60 was about 5.2. Haven't checked it after the mtm tcu chip though.

I think V8weight did 4.7(vag-com) with a tune, but on a less than perfect road.
Yep, I think I did a 5.1 and a 5.2 0-60 stock, and two 4.7's back to back after the tune. These were both timed using the VAG. I can probably dig up the screenshots when I get home to my computer.

Aronis
May 3rd, 2010, 21:04
I did one run using the Iphone App (pocketDyno) with my SNOW TIRES on and got 5.0. I have not taken the time to try with the summer rubber, but I was pretty happy. I just used the paddles and hit it hard from a stop light. I did not hold the brake or race the engine.
So go figure!

hahnmgh63
May 3rd, 2010, 21:13
I have also used the Vagcom acceleration and repeatedly gotten 4.6, 4.7, & 4.8's. I have also used it on my tt and received the slow times I expected, kind of disappointing after driving the RS6 but I have since Revo'd the tt so the next time I do the Vagcom on the tt it should be much better.

Shoppinit
May 3rd, 2010, 21:30
Thanks for all the info, guys. Hahnmgh63, your times were with a tune, right?

hahnmgh63
May 3rd, 2010, 22:43
Yea, my RS6 times were with Revo, and about 100# lighter car than the average RS6 (Forged BBS wheels, Odyssey battery, no spare tire, other misc.).

DHall1
May 4th, 2010, 06:30
You need the duck foot rat technique.

Do a search for Copper and 1/4 drag times.

And Pat...your 4.7 was with 2 or 3 people in the car?

Hey guys, I'm turning to you to ask you what kind of 0-60 or 30-70 times you're getting on a stock car.

The best I can do is about 5.2 (0-60) or 5.5 (0-100kmh) with 30-70 taking 4.4s.

I've changed everything I can think of that might affect performance: DVs; N75; N215; N115; MAF; I/C and I still feel like the juice isn't there.

Or maybe it's just me. I was rolling roaded at 450hp so maybe it's all in my head and these cars don't do 0-60 in 4.5.

I'm launching it in tiptro with my foot on the brake until about 2300rpm then foot to the floor. This with ESP and aircon off.

Has anyone got any figures.

PS. I'm convinced my tranny is fine.

V8weight
May 4th, 2010, 14:12
You need the duck foot rat technique.

Do a search for Copper and 1/4 drag times.

And Pat...your 4.7 was with 2 or 3 people in the car?
Two people in the car on those runs. I think half of it can be attributed to wheel spin. When the car hits second gear it roasts the tires. At any rate, I know I could log a better 0-60 time, but I'm not really all that consumed by it. I know the car is 100% healthy, and stupid fast, I'm not going to beat myself up over one number.

4everRS
May 5th, 2010, 03:18
Just did a couple runs using the same accuracy of the others and I managed 5.1 a couple times. I am feeling the difference in shifts with the MTM tcu. Is it reasonable to see a tenth difference with just the tcu chip?

4everRS
May 5th, 2010, 17:46
I can provide eyewitness testimony to this. Driving behind him on an onramp, tiresmoke on takeoff, then again down the onramp as the car shifted into 2nd. Immidiatly after seeing this, I say in a loud voice to myself "WHAT!!" . I thought he must have had crap for tires until I saw they were PS2's when we stopped. What was more impressive is when I went for a ride.

Two people in the car on those runs. I think half of it can be attributed to wheel spin. When the car hits second gear it roasts the tires. At any rate, I know I could log a better 0-60 time, but I'm not really all that consumed by it. I know the car is 100% healthy, and stupid fast, I'm not going to beat myself up over one number.