PDA

View Full Version : Shopping cart strikes again...

Mikk23
May 2nd, 2010, 21:04
BOOOOOO...I've had my RS6 for a grand total of five days...go to Lowes to pick up some stuff for the house and BAM!

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/mikk23/IMG00306-20100502-1439.jpg

The shopping cart was still up against my car when I came out of the store...And of course I'm sure the cost to fix it will be 495 dollars...right under my deductible...guess I will find out monday :(

V8weight
May 2nd, 2010, 21:52
Did it break the paint? If not I would seek out a "REPUTABLE" paintless dent removal shop and get their opinion. It should come in at under $200.

ben916
May 2nd, 2010, 23:59
Keep the shopping cart and when LOWE'S comes asking for it back, you say $1000 for the lovely dent in my rare RS6........

mmaturo
May 3rd, 2010, 00:21
Did it break the paint? If not I would seek out a "REPUTABLE" paintless dent removal shop and get their opinion. It should come in at under $200.

Agree, that looks like it will come out easily. I had sharper regular door dings taken out completely by a good paintless dent guy. I hit a special...each panel $50.

1sadavant
May 3rd, 2010, 00:23
I know it doesn't have to be said, but parking on the south 40 will prevent this mindless damage.

DHall1
May 3rd, 2010, 01:00
I choose high ground behind or along side a curb with no parking on the opposite side. Carts dont travel uphill without a push and I doubt any person would allow themselves to be seen pushing a cart uphill to go over and hit some poor Audi sitting by itself. Esp when it means they will be exposed to the said owner coming out of the Lowes and promptly putting a 9mm slug in their butt.

+2 for the PDR attempt. Can you take a better angle of the dent?

I know it doesn't have to be said, but parking on the south 40 will prevent this mindless damage.

Mikk23
May 3rd, 2010, 02:17
Lol...I was mad enough to put a slug in someones butt. I did park where I had two opens spots to either side but failed to take the uphill method into account. I was only in there for 10 minutes tops...grrrr.

I will have to give the paintless dent removal a try if I can find one this week. The clear coat is scratched but I dont think it made it down to the color so if the dent can be popped out I could most likely buff the scratches out.

On a more positive note...I'll be buying my warranty through Zurich tomorrow. You guys convinced me lol. All and all I'm pretty excited with the RS6...way way nicer all around than the B5 S4...not quite as quick but I'm over that. When I got it off the truck on tuesday it was absolutely filthy inside and out and had almost no gas in it at all. It was so dirty that I honestly thought they had lied about the color and sent me a gray one instead of black one. So much for Go Motors telling me they were detailing it for me. And who sells a car with no floormats? But after three washes and lots of vacuuming and leather scrubbing it came out pretty nice. My only concern now is the CEL was on throwing a P0491 and 492 having to do with the secondary air injection. Called the GM of the dealer and he said he just paid a bunch of money to have that issue fixed and said he'd make it right as well as mail me the mats. We shall see...so far they are living up to their reputation (of shadiness). I cleared the code with my Vagcom but it comes back after a cold start where the secondary air kicks on to warm the cats...it doesn't make the CEL come on...but the code comes back if you check. I'm guessing after enough iterations of whatever is not performing the light will come back on. :\ Any thoughts? Besides mailing Go Motors a box of poo...lol

skribe
May 3rd, 2010, 04:25
Your air pump is fubar. See the recent thread.

Something isn't right if on first drive when you stick your foot in it the RS6 doesn't generate a "holy shit" reaction. These cars are still fast even when the ECU retards ignition and cuts boost because of a sensor delivering out-of-paramater data. But when they're running right the are sick fast. As in, you feel like you got punched in the gut on a hard launch. Go Motors. Fuck those guys. Good luck sorting whatever they didn't want to fix.

I mean that sincerely -- good luck, sort it, drive it, love it. Welcome amigo.

Mikk23
May 3rd, 2010, 05:24
welllll...I suppose I could log the boost and timing to see if it is in "safe mode" so to speak, but I doubt it. The car is fast...dont get me wrong. But my point of view is skewed after driving an AWE K04 S4 with all the fixin's to include water/meth for the past year and a half. I didn't buy it to be faster than my S4...I was tired of yelling at my wife over the exhaust everywhere I went lol. I will say I was most impressed how hard the RS6 pulls on the freeway for a 4000lb monster. I agree with your feelings towards go motors...time will tell. The air pump, however, comes on loud and clear when you start the car cold. My wifes air pump is toast on her A6 and you can definitely tell...doesn't sound healthy at all. I read that recent post and I'm going to assume I have a vacuum leak as well somewhere. The GM at go motors said he just paid to have the secondary air fixed...and to his credit the pump looks brand new. We will see what he says when I tell him the code came back after I cleared it like he asked tomorrow. He gave me some BS about how they must have fixed it and forgot to clear the code...I asked him what he would do if it ended up not being fixed...he said he'd make it right...what that will mean...we shall see. I'm going to ask him to send me the repair receipts for the fix...see where that goes.

Mikk23
May 3rd, 2010, 12:50
So I dug through the records that came with the car and found this...might be the repair that the GM was referring to since it was fairly recent. Does this have anything to do with the secondary air or that fault code I'm getting (P0491,2)? Could they have possibly messed a vacuum hose up when removing the manifold?

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/mikk23/001.jpg

Mikk23
May 5th, 2010, 02:02
Thanks for the tip on paintless dent removal. Found a guy and 100 dollars later...poof...no more dent. Oh...and skribe. You were right. Something is amiss for sure. I was driving down a long country road today and put my foot into it for grins at about 30mph. Took off like what I considered to be normal...then at about 4200ish rpm out of no where it literally snapped my head back till about 5000 rpm and went back to what I've grown used to over the past week. Also...my windows were down and with trees on either side of the road I was able to hear the turbos come to life when it happened and the boost "hiss" go away shortly there after. So I guess this SAI is putting my car in "limp/safe" mode perhaps? What should I be checking...maybe I should start a new thread and get away from this shopping cart nonsense.

mmaturo
May 5th, 2010, 03:21
You are definitely not driving an RS6 yet based on your comments...this car will impress you when its working right...especially on your comment talking about an on ramp...that's where this car is dumbfounding and it does not feel like 4000lbs. I am usually merging significantly over the speed of traffic. Something is keeping it in safe mode. Even a leak that i had once didn't kill it as much as what you are experiencing but one thing did. For the first 3 months of owning my car i alternated between owning a 4.2 and an RS6. You are not going to want to hear my answer but having lived this for awhile the loss of boost for me each time was the torque converter getting too much power (overboost) and telling the engine to f off right before it failed a few times. Something is telling your ECU to hold back the turbos, hopefully it is just still a leak somewhere or is related to the code it keeps throwing.

Glad the paintless repair worked well.

Mikk23
May 5th, 2010, 03:33
Well...this TC only has 11k miles on it since its was replaced by autosport werks (same folks from the receipt above)...but either way...I bought a warranty thanks to you guys. So bring it on TC. But I'm hoping its a leak somewhere...that is a great way to describe what I felt though...going from a 4.2 to an RS6 is exactly what it felt like when it kicked in and back out. The GM from go motors finally returned my call today. He asked for the number to the shop I take my audi's to so he could fax them the repair bill from when he had this "problem" fixed before he sold me the car. I'm guessing hes going to send them the same slip that I posted above. He said he wants to avoid replacing parts twice...I can understand that. I've been reassured it will be taken car of. We shall see...so far so good...I'm not from CO but the dealers there dont seem to like it when you threaten to report them to the state for bad business...got his attention.

mmaturo
May 5th, 2010, 03:46
Hopefully it is a leak somewhere... on TC longevity: original from the factory 27K miles; 3K on the first replacement; TC and tranny at 30K...50K second one w tranny, third at 74K w tranny. Lucky guy here.

Mikk23
May 5th, 2010, 04:30
My goodness...that sucks. I've read about them going out...but man. Well...I'll most certainly get my money out of that warranty then if my luck is anything like yours

mmaturo
May 5th, 2010, 04:35
There is a reason i'm number 2 to immediately say get a warranty. I am pretty sure i got more front bumper removals and engine drops than anyone here. Car has been excellent the last 12K off warranty though. My car has been a disaster over time for time spent at the dealer but has still been worth it and may actually be sorted out completely. So hang in there is the lesson. Once you get the real 'beast' working you will be hooked and forget all about S4s.

Mikk23
May 5th, 2010, 04:49
I hope so...all I got was a glimmer of what could be for a second lol. Now its time to figure this thing out and bring the beast back to life. I got a 3yr/36k (most I could get with 69k miles) through zurich so I can sleep in peace at night after hearing what nightmares may come my way. :)

DHall1
May 5th, 2010, 05:25
I raise my hand as the #1 guy to tell everyone to get the extended warranty.

And guess what. My car has had one claim in 2 years. 400 bucks in bushings.

knock, knock.

Just my luck. Hedge where no hedge is needed.

Doh

There is a reason i'm number 2 to immediately say get a warranty. I am pretty sure i got more front bumper removals and engine drops than anyone here. Car has been excellent the last 12K off warranty though. My car has been a disaster over time for time spent at the dealer but has still been worth it and may actually be sorted out completely. So hang in there is the lesson. Once you get the real 'beast' working you will be hooked and forget all about S4s.