PDA

View Full Version : The RS600/6M is now in good hands...

10SecS4
May 2nd, 2010, 00:12
Flying through the cheese capital en route to the big apple! I'll update this thread with more info and photos later tonight.

ben916
May 2nd, 2010, 01:43
Flying through the cheese capital en route to the big apple! I'll update this thread with more info and photos later tonight.

Did you snap it up!!!!????!!??!?!?!?

V8 and JSRS6 should do a drive by..........

10SecS4
May 2nd, 2010, 02:06
Yep, I swooped in and snatched her up this afternoon! Sitting in bumper to bumper traffic in the windy city now. I can't figure out how to post attachments on here via my iPhone otherwise I'd be posting some pics for you guys.

10SecS4
May 2nd, 2010, 02:17
BTW, I see now why the Euro models are a bit lighter: smaller/flimsier bumper supports, non-airbag seats, no OnStar, no spare tire, etc etc.

ben916
May 2nd, 2010, 02:21
so, is the test platform or the daily driver or the sunday driver?

Waiting for photos...........

10SecS4
May 2nd, 2010, 02:44
This will be my newest project car. My goal is 3500lbs and 600whp. I just pray Sportec didn't use stock RS6 wastegate actuators because I really don't feel like dropping the motor. According to some preliminary data logging, it's only running 14psi of boost peak. 600 HP @ 14psi? ;-)

ben916
May 2nd, 2010, 03:55
how are you going to register it/license it?

Lucky f@#$ing bast@rd for the 6sp manual..................

10SecS4
May 2nd, 2010, 04:06
Same way Mr. Arens did? Take the title to my local DMV with proof of insurance. Am I missing something?

P.s. All the other goodies this car has seem to be overlooked because of the 6spd. According to Sportec, it has bigger turbos, hotter cams, worked intake manifold, head work, etc etc. ;-)

ben916
May 2nd, 2010, 04:39
Same way Mr. Arens did? Take the title to my local DMV with proof of insurance. Am I missing something?

P.s. All the other goodies this car has seem to be overlooked because of the 6spd. According to Sportec, it has bigger turbos, hotter cams, worked intake manifold, head work, etc etc. ;-)

There was word that this car was absent of a US VIN.

10SecS4
May 2nd, 2010, 08:17
These pics were taken in front of a Wendy's in the Badger State. I'm now already in the Keystone State!

Casey
May 2nd, 2010, 14:03
This was the one at that auction right? I think I read about it on Autoblog and thought it sounded amazing. To bad I cant drive stick :( Enjoy!

mmaturo
May 2nd, 2010, 16:57
awesome. congrats, can't wait to hear more as you get into it.

Ruergard
May 2nd, 2010, 19:57
More pics and info, and a nice writeup thanks! :D

Congratulations!

1sadavant
May 3rd, 2010, 00:27
That's great it landed in the hands of an enthusiast RS6 and S4 owner! Hope you got it for a good price!

ben916
May 3rd, 2010, 00:39
These pics were taken in front of a Wendy's in the Badger State. I'm now already in the Keystone State!

Get some photos and then get that thing in the air so we all can see the SPORTEC workings...

LIRS6
May 3rd, 2010, 02:05
That's great it landed in the hands of an enthusiast RS6 and S4 owner! Hope you got it for a good price!

Don't you mean what we're all wondering? - Hey, how much did you pay for it?

1sadavant
May 3rd, 2010, 02:07
Don't you mean what we're all wondering? - Hey, how much did you pay for it?

Yes...in so many words.

skribe
May 3rd, 2010, 04:31
10sc S4 FTW. Yes!

ttboost
May 5th, 2010, 23:07
Is it true that the car is now missing many of the Sportec add-ons except for the 6 speed?

10SecS4
May 10th, 2010, 07:22
The 6-speed wasn't a Sportec add-on at all. MTM did the conversion.

The turbos and intercoolers are definitely not stock. I'm not sure about the other components of the Sportec RS600 kit, such as the head work, cams, etc.

I won't disclose how much I paid, but it was less than what the car sold for at the MN auction.

It's an absolute blast to drive and I'm looking forward to making it faster! :-)

Is it true that the car is now missing many of the Sportec add-ons except for the 6 speed?

snoopra
May 10th, 2010, 19:49
How about some detailed pics? undercarriage? turbos?

snoopra
May 10th, 2010, 23:40
Another question, how's the battery installed? Pics...pics...pics!

Jimmy
May 11th, 2010, 19:53
Garsh ....I hope you DON'T try to register it...the Feds WILL certainly find where this car is and take it away from you.

(I work for the US Dept of the Interior and know for a fact that the fine folks at the US Dept of Transportation now knows about this car from its very publicized recent history and dubious sale at auction)

mmaturo
May 11th, 2010, 19:58
Garsh ....I hope you DON'T try to register it...the Feds WILL certainly find where this car is and take it away from you.

(I work for the US Dept of the Interior and know for a fact that the fine folks at the US Dept of Transportation now knows about this car from its very publicized recent history and dubious sale at auction)

Isn't this car the 'other' one, not the one that showed up at auction in Minn? He said that in the middle of this thread somewhere.

ben916
May 11th, 2010, 20:00
Isn't this car the 'other' one, not the one that showed up at auction in Minn? He said that in the middle of this thread somewhere.

Nah, this is the same one in Wis that the window washer guy purchased for $45k...

mmaturo
May 11th, 2010, 20:07
Nah, this is the same one in Wis that the window washer guy purchased for $45k...

Oh ok.

Hmmmm... First future RS6 barn find in 2050.

Although hasn't the 2003 year now been allowed to be imported at this point without all the federalizing BS. Seems maybe there would be a way to say it just showed up from Europe?

V8weight
May 11th, 2010, 20:20
Oh ok.

Hmmmm... First future RS6 barn find in 2050.

Although hasn't the 2003 year now been allowed to be imported at this point without all the federalizing BS. Seems maybe there would be a way to say it just showed up from Europe?
This car is a 2004 though.

JRS-RS6
May 11th, 2010, 20:37
This car is a 2004 though.

That and the missing VIN under the windshield and on the firewall and doors..... There is the "new" VIN pop riveted to the shock tower. I wonder what the VAG scan would show for the VIN????

Battery is where the spare tire goes.

V8weight
May 11th, 2010, 21:11
That and the missing VIN under the windshield and on the firewall and doors..... There is the "new" VIN pop riveted to the shock tower. I wonder what the VAG scan would show for the VIN????

Battery is where the spare tire goes.
I wondered about the vin coding in the ecu as well. And don't forget, pop rivets are cheap, nothing but the best homemade self adhesive vin tag for that car.

DHall1
May 11th, 2010, 21:11
Me no touch that car with a ten foot pole.

She is the lady in black and nothing but trouble.

DonS
July 9th, 2010, 03:02
Hopefully the RS600 is out shocking sports cars on the East Coast. According to Quattro Quarterly, she's still in MN. Damn - magazines are sooo last last year. See a scan from the member photos section.

1sadavant
December 31st, 2010, 18:05
Any updates? I thought I saw somewhere in the forum that he was interested in passing this on to someone else?

10SecS4
December 31st, 2010, 23:32
Nope, no updates. The car has just been sitting in my shop collecting dust. It's looking for a new home. :)

Any updates? I thought I saw somewhere in the forum that he was interested in passing this on to someone else?

speedtrapped
December 31st, 2010, 23:47
wow, I was early by two weeks or I would of snatched it up.

10SecS4
December 31st, 2010, 23:50
I'm gonna be selling it cheap soon. I want a C6 RS6. :hahahehe:

1sadavant
December 31st, 2010, 23:51
Nope, no updates. The car has just been sitting in my shop collecting dust. It's looking for a new home. :)

Interesting, were you able to get the specs on the waste gate springs? I think you mentioned you wanted to try running more boost than the 14psi but this was the limiting factor. Also, what turbos, dp/exhaust setup is this running? Just modified Rs6's? Have you done anything to it yet?

Any chance you have put together some pictures. Not the fast food parking lot.

10SecS4
January 1st, 2011, 00:03
Nope, no specs on the waste gates. The turbochargers are Sportec units. I don't believe they are RS6 based. Milltek down pipes and cat back.

You may have me confused with somebody else because I never tried running more than 14psi on these turbos. I haven't touched the tune either, so I'm not sure if the waste gates are capable of letting you run more boost or not. I never really got into it. Lost interest in it shortly after purchasing it last spring.

At only 14psi, this car beat my old grey RS6 by 2.5-3 car lengths. That car ran a best of 11.59@118 in the 1/4 mile.

Interesting, were you able to get the specs on the waste gate springs? I think you mentioned you wanted to try running more boost than the 14psi but this was the limiting factor. Also, what turbos, dp/exhaust setup is this running? Just modified Rs6's? Have you done anything to it yet?

Any chance you have put together some pictures. Not the fast food parking lot.

PALETTE
January 1st, 2011, 07:35
Sounds like a sweet car dont know to much more about it other then its a RS6 based car sorry if i missed something.

10SecS4
January 1st, 2011, 23:45
It's a 2004 Audi RS6 which started out with Sportec's RS600 kit. This included upgraded Sportec turbos and intercoolers, camshafts, head and intake manifold port work, bigger injectors, etc, etc. The kit makes 600 HP. The car was then sent to MTM where it was fitted with a 6-speed manual transmission. MTM then re-tuned the car since the Sportec software was tuned for the car previously being a tiptronic.

Sounds like a sweet car dont know to much more about it other then its a RS6 based car sorry if i missed something.

Benman
January 2nd, 2011, 16:51
I'm gonna be selling it cheap soon. I want a C6 RS6. :hahahehe: Very best of luck with the sale. I know all the drama Josh at Achtuning had in Washington with his RS 4 back in the day. Red tape sucks...

Ben

10SecS4
January 2nd, 2011, 16:57
Thanks, but no red tape here. I'm selling it because I want to get a C6 RS6.

PALETTE
January 2nd, 2011, 17:05
That would be a great upgrade!! You never answered my pm. Did you get it?

10SecS4
January 2nd, 2011, 17:12
I did and I thought I already responded. I'm not selling software for the RS6. I did both of my previous RS6s just for fun. I never really got serious about selling the tunes.