PDA

View Full Version : 03 RS6 Trim - custom?

pierson
May 1st, 2010, 03:38
I just bought a 03 RS6 with the carbon trim and i'm not sure what i think of it.

I love the understated look of the car, which is why ive always gone with an audi over a bmw. yes, this is all opinion and there are many other reasons (ahhh hmmm, quattro) i've stayed on the good side.

back to the trim.

i'm not sure what i think about the wood either. are there many other options? anyone perfect a custom trim? i might be willing to trade my carbon trim.

mmaturo
May 1st, 2010, 05:29
The best approach I've seen is 'P3u' having the wood trim refinished to piano black (he has silver interior) and in that combo the pics looked fantastic to me.

PS I think i may know of a couple of people with wood trim you could buy to go that route.

ben916
May 1st, 2010, 05:51
I thought I saw someone, while searching for carbon fiber, that had Stainless Steel in some areas and plastic in others.
The SS looked great to me, the plastic looked like hot vomit...

Born2be
May 1st, 2010, 06:55
Hot vomit???!!!

Dude...

W>

ben916
May 1st, 2010, 18:13
Hot vomit???!!!

Dude...

W>

so you get my drift.... <image and smell burned into your cranium and nasal passages...>

darrenswift
May 2nd, 2010, 10:05
I've got aluminium trim in my Daytona saloon. Looks awesome (IMO) and contrasts beautifully against the dark interior :)

JSRS6
May 5th, 2010, 02:27
I have the wood trim in mine, id definitely be willing to trade you ;-)

p3u
May 5th, 2010, 02:36
The best approach I've seen is 'P3u' having the wood trim refinished to piano black (he has silver interior) and in that combo the pics looked fantastic to me.

PS I think i may know of a couple of people with wood trim you could buy to go that route.

Youll get to see it first hand, maybe this weekend if youre around.

mmaturo
May 5th, 2010, 03:48
Youll get to see it first hand, maybe this weekend if youre around.

I'm around...

pierson
May 5th, 2010, 04:16
I'm assuming that i could have my carbon painted piano black as well.... (not sure if i'm ready to change, just curious of my options).

mmaturo
May 5th, 2010, 04:19
I'm assuming that i could have my carbon painted piano black as well.... (not sure if i'm ready to change, just curious of my options).

Yikes...trade with me or someone else before you do that. The Carbon has an audience of people who would want to try it where the wood is not desired by too many. I'm ready for a change just because i have looked at the wood for 5 years but preferred it in the beginning.

pierson
May 5th, 2010, 04:52
I hear you loud and clear. I won't touch my trim. Maybe someone with wood (and a friend with a paint shop) could paint theirs in exchange for my carbon. I'm looking for the stealth/("wow, didn't think your car could do THAT") image. Hmmm (I've got black interior, so I'm not sure if the black paint is too much?

pierson
May 5th, 2010, 06:00
I hear you loud and clear. I won't touch my trim. Maybe someone with wood (and a friend with a paint shop) could paint theirs in exchange for my carbon. I'm looking for the stealth/("wow, didn't think your car could do THAT") image. Hmmm (I've got black interior, so I'm not sure if the black paint is too much?

JSRS6
May 5th, 2010, 19:04
Id love to switch with ya, i would get my trim done in piano black and send to ya if i weren't already invested in the sway bars and suspension. Definitely would rather have the CF.