PDA

View Full Version : S8 Ceramic Brakes

niler8
April 29th, 2010, 15:47
Has anyone had dealings with Audi regarding their Ceramic Brakes warranty ?

My Car is 2 years old 20k miles and the inner pads need replacing and outer pads 20% ?

I have been searching for the Audi S8 Brochure at home because I'm sure it mentions something about them lasting 200,000 miles but maybe this refers to the discs?

Thanks in advance .

Nile

LittleDevil
April 29th, 2010, 16:34
It all depends of driving style, but at broschure writes about discs and not pads.

niler8
April 30th, 2010, 14:51
Thanks, I thought that's what it said.

My Cars :S8: in for the Pads today, shame because I haven't really done much misbehaving with them.

Previous car 4.2tdi had second set of standard brakes fitted around 24k, so I'm not very impressed with regards the ware and tear of the ceramica.

No problems with them stopping me thou ;-)

Glad I have not ticked the ceramic option on the RS6 plus due June 10. :addict:

grizz
April 30th, 2010, 19:21
That's what you get when you track your car mate ;) ..... I totaly fucked my discs and pads on wednesday ..... Dam fine day .. T

niler8
April 30th, 2010, 20:20
It would be sin to have ceramics and never track them :incar:

Turns out it's only the rear pads... only a few quid thankfully, noticeably better on the way home tonight.

Great to meet you the other day,

Thanks for doing a good job on the Milltek, as I mentioned the best money i've ever spent.

Hopefully see you again

sallyh
May 2nd, 2010, 13:01
Hi

For what it's worth, I've got the V10 with the ceramics and worth every cent. They truly stop and it's hard to go back to anything else. The rotors are the bits that last for a long time. The pads are just the usual disposables. Audi very kindly replaced mine under warrnanty as I got a stone stuck in the caliper. Audi intimated that the pads were Brembos and expensive. As the car has two years to go under warranty, I haven't really pushed the issue. I have been to quite a few track days and must say that the ceramics (for the old chesnut of the "two tonne car") do a great job. Apparently the pads are not worn out yet.

niler8
May 3rd, 2010, 13:47
Hey sallyH

I was taking a few pasengers that had never been in an S8 before and they all commented on the brakes being very impressive, agreed this is a 2 ton car ..It was great fun.

Have you modified your exhaust ? The sound from the Milltek system is glorious !!!!

sallyh
May 4th, 2010, 12:29
Hi

No, no Milltek system. I'm avoiding the modifications at the moment as I fear it is a slippery slope! Very glad to hear that you got the brake pads sorted. Best wishes with your RS6 Plus, it must be very hard waiting for it.