PDA

View Full Version : RSN-E HD Card Loading???

Holiday
April 26th, 2010, 07:26
RSN-E Guru's...

Any tricks, techniques, or special procedures to loading the HD cards with MP4's? I'm using itunes to cut and paste songs onto the HD card, but no luck. The songs "appear" to be on the card, but the RSN-E doesn't recognize it once the cards are installed in the car??

Any ideas?

ben916
April 26th, 2010, 08:12
RSN-E Guru's...

Any tricks, techniques, or special procedures to loading the HD cards with MP4's? I'm using itunes to cut and paste songs onto the HD card, but no luck. The songs "appear" to be on the card, but the RSN-E doesn't recognize it once the cards are installed in the car??

Any ideas?

Are you loading movies?
I thought mp4's were video and audio whereas mp3's were just audio.
http://www.vagnavs.com/Audi3.html

There's an HD card???
Learning new stuff all the time...

hahnmgh63
April 26th, 2010, 08:58
Audi recommends that cards up to 256MB should be used, but cards up to 4GB work well (but note that only standard SD cards are supported and not the physically-identical SDHC card type). The cards only need formatting to Windows FAT or FAT32 format using a suitable PC reader to transfer them, while the MP3 or M3U filenames (and any folders) must not exceed 64 characters in length. There is also a 512 file/folder limit on each card (ie the total number of files added to the total number of folders must not exceed 512 or the card will not be recognised as containing any files). For compressing MP3 files we recommend a bit rate of at least 160 kbit/s. You may also play music CD's or burned MP3's onto music CD's but without the separate trunk changer you would have to remove the Navigation DVD to do this.
<O:p</O:p