PDA

View Full Version : thinking of a revo flash- input please

pellapat
April 25th, 2010, 06:17
Hey fellows,

I have decided to keep the beast for a few years. Also very glad i kept this piece of history. All the maintance is done for the 75k including some new rotors and pads up front as well as some new skin on the wheels.

Spoke to a guy in Boise that does the flash for revo. having owned a 911 tt that was flashed by Kevin from UMW and several subaru legacy's custom tuned by the cobb boys i have the itch to power her up.

Mt tc was replaced at 58k and the tranny shifts nice.

Do you think the Revo tune in itself will give me enough bang. Not really into fast shifting. I like to cruise at high mph. can i get 195mph out of that tune.

really missing the power of the 911 but like this car better. So smooth and love the trunk for the bike and the back seats for clients.:addict::race::incar:

thanks

DHall1
April 25th, 2010, 06:29
It transforms the car.

Get the MTM trans chip installed. A must do for the increased power output of the engine. Its not like the trans shift points become harsh they are just programmed to handle the increased torque.

Hey fellows,

I have decided to keep the beast for a few years. Also very glad i kept this piece of history. All the maintance is done for the 75k including some new rotors and pads up front as well as some new skin on the wheels.

Spoke to a guy in Boise that does the flash for revo. having owned a 911 tt that was flashed by Kevin from UMW and several subaru legacy's custom tuned by the cobb boys i have the itch to power her up.

Mt tc was replaced at 58k and the tranny shifts nice.

Do you think the Revo tune in itself will give me enough bang. Not really into fast shifting. I like to cruise at high mph. can i get 195mph out of that tune.

really missing the power of the 911 but like this car better. So smooth and love the trunk for the bike and the back seats for clients.:addict::race::incar:

thanks

JRS-RS6
April 25th, 2010, 14:19

In short; to answer your question, a resounding "NO!".

In fact I seriously doubt you will get 195mph out of any ECU tune. 195mph in fifth is at 6700 RPM which is after peak HP on all the dyno's I have seen. For example Oettinger claims 540 HP with a Top Speed of 187 with the following Modifications: Recalibration of the engine management, Adapt gearbox control for the higher torque, Remove the V-max limiter, Modify the fuel injection system, OETTINGER down pipes in stainless steel, OETTINGER sport catalytic converter, OETTINGER main silencer in stainless steel, OETTINGER rear silencer left/right in stainless steel. Much more HP than this and Top Speed will be zero as your transmission will not be able to handle it.

Oettinger here: http://www.oettinger.de/en/product-88/audi-2/rs6_4b-19/engine_tuning-1/rs6_4_2_biturbo_331_kw_450_ps_397_kw_540_ps-111.html

Sportec with 600 HP claimed a top speed of 204mph http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Sportec/2004/RS600/ the one I saw here had been changed to a six speed manual to handle the torque and HP and I am pretty sure the mods cost as much as the car went for at auction.

MTM (Phase V - I guess) claims 568 HP (barely enough for 195mph averaging claimed result of Oettinger and Sportec but since speed vs HP is not linear I would think to hit 195 would require at least 575 to 580 HP) for 19,505 EUR (roughly $30,000) in modifications. Both the Sportec and MTM mods required everything listed for the Oettinger and larger Turbos.

MTM mods here: http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/RS6/4-2L-331-kW-450-hp-Quattro?FZID=RS6331Q

Besides unless you have open access to Mountain Home AFB runways where in the hell in Idaho can you do 195mph?

Do the TCU it is a neccessity.

DHall1
April 25th, 2010, 17:31
Someone has been doing some research.

In short; to answer your question, a resounding "NO!".

In fact I seriously doubt you will get 195mph out of any ECU tune. 195mph in fifth is at 6700 RPM which is after peak HP on all the dyno's I have seen. For example Oettinger claims 540 HP with a Top Speed of 187 with the following Modifications: Recalibration of the engine management, Adapt gearbox control for the higher torque, Remove the V-max limiter, Modify the fuel injection system, OETTINGER down pipes in stainless steel, OETTINGER sport catalytic converter, OETTINGER main silencer in stainless steel, OETTINGER rear silencer left/right in stainless steel. Much more HP than this and Top Speed will be zero as your transmission will not be able to handle it.

Oettinger here: http://www.oettinger.de/en/product-88/audi-2/rs6_4b-19/engine_tuning-1/rs6_4_2_biturbo_331_kw_450_ps_397_kw_540_ps-111.html

Sportec with 600 HP claimed a top speed of 204mph http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Sportec/2004/RS600/ the one I saw here had been changed to a six speed manual to handle the torque and HP and I am pretty sure the mods cost as much as the car went for at auction.

MTM (Phase V - I guess) claims 568 HP (barely enough for 195mph averaging claimed result of Oettinger and Sportec but since speed vs HP is not linear I would think to hit 195 would require at least 575 to 580 HP) for 19,505 EUR (roughly $30,000) in modifications. Both the Sportec and MTM mods required everything listed for the Oettinger and larger Turbos.

MTM mods here: http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/RS6/4-2L-331-kW-450-hp-Quattro?FZID=RS6331Q

Besides unless you have open access to Mountain Home AFB runways where in the hell in Idaho can you do 195mph?

Do the TCU it is a neccessity.

hahnmgh63
April 25th, 2010, 18:24
Definitely do the Revo, the price of their flash has come down a bit since I had mine done (3~4 years ago). Also, in order to have your TCU done by MTM you will have to pull it and send it in. It isn't too dificult to do and only costs $150 for them to "Chip" it (Hoppen Motorsports in FL). I have seen an indicated 185 on my car but I think 195 is a bit too much without further mods as mentioned above. But I agree that just East of Boise towards Moutain Home or further East there are some wide open spaces to run. I used to run my modded 944 Turbo to 165~170 there all the time when I lived in Boise.

V8weight
April 25th, 2010, 18:27
Also, in order to have your TCU done by MTM you will have to pull it and send it in. It isn't too dificult to do and only costs $150 for them to "Chip" it (Hoppen Motorsports in FL)..
Or just order the chip and solder that sucker in.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/008-5.jpg

pellapat
April 25th, 2010, 21:33
thank for all the input. 185 it is!

I had my 911 going 208 with just a tune. The road east of Boise is one place to open it up but I prefer the interstate around the utah border.

Do you guys think I would be making a mistake not to do the tcu. I have heard many happy revo people without the tcu upgrade.

hahnmgh63
April 25th, 2010, 22:03
That is a real barren road heading south to Utah, not sure if it has been repaved in the last couple of years as it was a little rough last time I was on it. Perfect straight stretch for a real top speed run. I may be heading to Salt Lake this summer by road and may take the RS6 just so I can do a real top speed test along there, good idea.

SAFE4NOW
April 26th, 2010, 00:21
Yes. And don't forget to purchase the programmer... it's worth the it for the extra adjustment!

LMK how you do with your top speed run... My personal best so far is mid 180's ( Per GPS ) and 170 in a standing mile.
( Lost 5mph with the Sportec splash pan mod though )

S

hahnmgh63
April 26th, 2010, 00:27
SAFE4NOW, how accurate was the factory Speedo? I have found in the past that the Audi electric Speedos are fairly accurate but at top speeds even a small error could be a fair amount.

MaxRS6
April 26th, 2010, 00:47
thank for all the input. 185 it is!...
Do you guys think I would be making a mistake not to do the tcu. I have heard many happy revo people without the tcu upgrade.

I just recently had the TCU done and happy with the change in shifts. Added bonus is that it will help the life of the tc. I recommend it.

My less than .03 worth.

V8weight
April 26th, 2010, 01:15
I just recently had the TCU done and happy with the change in shifts. Added bonus is that it will help the life of the tc. I recommend it.

My less than .03 worth.
I agree, for the cost it's a cheap ounce of prevention. It's not that noticeable if that's what you're worried about, it doesn't turn your car into a tire chirping muscle car.

pellapat
April 27th, 2010, 15:09
called hoppen- great guy. Going with his package.

AUDI5000CSTQ
April 30th, 2010, 06:07
REVO,does a five hour test mod. I had it done, really wakes up the car.
Will have it and the tcu done when I return from Machu Picchu in 13 days.
will go through DT's from missing the stock market thou.