PDA

View Full Version : So how long does it take...

rs6w
September 12th, 2003, 05:17
To go from Milestone 4 to Milestone 5? (or from Milestone 4 to delivery)

First I thought the car would never get built....

Now I'm just waiting for it to get here!

(I have a Daytona Grey / Silver / Nav / Sound Enhancing Exhaust...)

iconcls
September 12th, 2003, 12:44
MS 4 -> MS 5 was a week for me; if you believe the "My Audi Journey" website.

Benman
September 12th, 2003, 15:22
As hard as it is, be patient. The waiting sucks but when the delivery day comes...:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

You CAN'T stop having fun!!!!!!!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

oregonbob
September 12th, 2003, 18:32
In my experience, there doesn't seem much rhyme or reason for the My Audi Journey calendar. Here are my dates:

June 11 - RS6 enters pre-production phase, engine assembly in the U.K. (milestone 1)

July 22 - the body of my RS6 is assembled (milestone 2) and painted (milestone 3) - all in one day!!!

July 23 - the body and engine meet (milestone 4) - only one day after milestone 2 and 3!!! Wow, three milestones in two days!!!

August 25 - the RS6 assembly is finished (milestone 5)

September 9 - I am contacted via phone by Audi customer service in response to my email inquiry as to the RS6 status. I'm told the car is ready to ship and will be in the U.S. 24 hours after it leaves the dock in Germany. I question the 24 hours as this must be a very fast ship. :-) And, I'm told "that's what it says here". So much for on the job thinking.

September 11 - My Audi Journey shows the RS6 shipped September 9. Humm, should have been here already according to my customer service rep. Actually, the website says it should be in the U.S. in about two weeks.

So, I expected delivery early October.

Hope this helps.

Bob

rs6w
September 12th, 2003, 21:37
Thanks!

This is good info. Occasionally I kind of wonder about the status but I'm guessing I still have a couple of more weeks....

*sigh*

-randy

oregonbob
September 13th, 2003, 01:37
Randy,

I'm only one data point but, in my individual experience, if you just got to milestone 4 now, I'd estimate 60 days+ to delivery. I got to milestone 4 on July 23 and I'm expecting delivery in early October.

Sorry if I burst a bubble.

Bob

rs6w
September 13th, 2003, 05:52
No bubble burst!

I figured that I still have a few more weeks at milestone 4.

My guess is end of October at the earliest....

It gives me a bit more time with the S6!

-randy