PDA

View Full Version : Just sent the check for my Daytona Gray RS6

Casey
April 23rd, 2010, 15:16
I have been looking at and wanting this car forEVER, and I am finally getting one to replace my SRT8. I started out wanting to seriously mod an A6 2.7T, but that never transpired, and a few cars later here we are. Its Daytona Gray, black leather, SE exhaust. I cant wait to get it and start the modding fun! I am glad to be part of what looks like a very cool online community too.

LIRS6
April 23rd, 2010, 15:55
Welcome - advise more details and post pics when u can. Have owned mine since new, still brings me smiles. Where are you located?

Casey
April 23rd, 2010, 16:13
Thanks for the welcome. I will certainly post pics as soon as i pick it up. I am in NJ and will be picking it up from Texas hopefully within the next week. My traveling for work is hampering my plans.

Its Daytona Gray, black leather with Audi nav, carbon trim, SE exhaust. I dont think it has the warm weather package. 1 owner with full service history. I think this will be a very fitting, and fun, replacement for my SRT8.

SAF
April 23rd, 2010, 17:14
Is this the one from eCarLink? I didn't think it had the SE exhaust. I've dealt with them before, seemed like nice guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-RS6-RARE-AUDI-RS-6-450HP-1-OWNER-SERVICED-AUDI-MUST-SEE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c11efcfd4QQitemZ12056 0013268QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

DHall1
April 23rd, 2010, 17:24
Too bad he just missed Bob's car.

same price

less miles

same location

mods and RNSE

with extended warranty intact

Casey
April 23rd, 2010, 18:15
Extended warranty intact would have been awesome, but oh well. SAF no its not that car, but I just noticed that today.

darrenswift
April 23rd, 2010, 18:51
Welcome to the forum from sunny England!
I've got a Daytona saloon and LOVE every minute driving it! I'm sure you will too.

snoopra
April 23rd, 2010, 19:53
Congrats and welcome to the C-Train! Which SRT8 did you have and why'd you move on.

MaxRS6
April 23rd, 2010, 20:21
Welcome aboard the

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/Miltanius/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg

Casey
April 23rd, 2010, 20:23
Thanks for all the welcomes again guys.

Snoop, i had a 300C SRT8 for the last 3 years. My lease on that was ending and I just didnt have the same love for it and for modding it anymore. It was a great car, lots of power, but just got bored with it after a while.

Casey
April 23rd, 2010, 20:25
Alright I gotta ask, what is the Crazy Train thing? On the 300C forums they always called the SRT8s the "Dark Side", is this the same concept for the C5s?

SAF
April 23rd, 2010, 21:14
Crazy Train = RS6.com

RS6 = The Beast

GEN XER
April 24th, 2010, 06:00
Thanks for the welcome. I will certainly post pics as soon as i pick it up. I am in NJ and will be picking it up from Texas hopefully within the next week. My traveling for work is hampering my plans.

Its Daytona Gray, black leather with Audi nav, carbon trim, SE exhaust. I dont think it has the warm weather package. 1 owner with full service history. I think this will be a very fitting, and fun, replacement for my SRT8.
You have upgraded from the SRT8. This was the car I went to from my SRT8. Hey were you a member of one of the Chrysler/ Dodge forums? Ok yes you were on the 300c Forums, Im a member there as well. Darkside is different from Crazy Train. We are just a group of crazy people, you'll see wait till Dave gets on one of his soap boxes and starts the rest of the crazies down the crazy train tracks and you'll know what it means. LOL!

Is this you?
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/members/casey.html

DHall1
April 24th, 2010, 06:23
Who me?

I dont do any such thing.

I load em up in the motorhome and hit the road. Max! Where did you put lil sis?

Where is that pic of lil sis in the motorhome.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/DaveRV5-21.jpg

You have upgraded from the SRT8. This was the car I went to from my SRT8. Hey were you a member of one of the Chrysler/ Dodge forums? Ok yes you were on the 300c Forums, Im a member there as well. Darkside is different from Crazy Train. We are just a group of crazy people, you'll see wait till Dave gets on one of his soap boxes and starts the rest of the crazies down the crazy train tracks and you'll know what it means. LOL!

Is this you?
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/members/casey.html

MaxRS6
April 24th, 2010, 09:05
Choo Choo-

Dave headed out and lil sis couldn't stand to be left behind....

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/LilsisonRv1.jpg?t=1272096247

Casey
April 24th, 2010, 12:54
Haha you guys are all right indeed.

Gen, yeah that is me. I havent posted over there much lately, but thats me. I was also on lxforums as well. Which SRT did you have?

GEN XER
April 24th, 2010, 17:35
Haha you guys are all right indeed.

Gen, yeah that is me. I havent posted over there much lately, but thats me. I was also on lxforums as well. Which SRT did you have?

I had the Chrysler 300 SRT8. I sold it when the warranty expired and it really wasn't an exciting car to me after you find out how little you can do for mods.

This is just a small taste of crazy train, but you get the idea. Hey Dave Cap-n-Trade. Casey watch this. LOL!
:lovl:

DHall1
April 24th, 2010, 20:11
Nope,

All for Cap and Trade, VAT, sales tax increase, HCR the whole shooting match.

They are all regressive taxes that will kill the middle class and cause riots in the streets.

If thats what America wants. Be my guest.

It does not take much electricity to cool my 400sq/ft motorhome. We can move out of the big house in the hot AZ summers and into the backyard with the pool and motorhome hooked up to the shop.

Bring on 10 dollar a gallon gas and 1,000 dollar electric bills.

I had the Chrysler 300 SRT8. I sold it when the warranty expired and it really wasn't an exciting car to me after you find out how little you can do for mods.

This is just a small taste of crazy train, but you get the idea. Hey Dave Cap-n-Trade. Casey watch this. LOL!
:lovl:

MaxRS6
April 24th, 2010, 20:15
^ Be sure to have the electrical fence armed, guns loaded, and plenty of ammo. Property rights may not mean much during such times...

<EMBED style="WIDTH: 440px; HEIGHT: 249px" height=249 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=440 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/eNAohtjG14c&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED> (file://<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNAohtjG14c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNAohtjG14c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>)

He just needs one of these during firing to meet our Property Owner's Association criteria.

http://www.beingjongraves.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/beerhelmet.jpg

DHall1
April 24th, 2010, 21:56
I need me one of them there wood chippers

Casey
April 25th, 2010, 01:58
This is quite amusing on a non sober Saturday night, haha.

FWIW, now that the Predator is out for the SRT8 cars, modding potential has opened up much more than even 2 years ago, but i agree the C5 all around is a much more modable car, and the hp:$ ratio for the RS6 is much better than the 6.1s.

GEN XER
April 25th, 2010, 02:39
Nope,

All for Cap and Trade, VAT, sales tax increase, HCR the whole shooting match.

They are all regressive taxes that will kill the middle class and cause riots in the streets.

If thats what America wants. Be my guest.

It does not take much electricity to cool my 400sq/ft motorhome. We can move out of the big house in the hot AZ summers and into the backyard with the pool and motorhome hooked up to the shop.

Bring on 10 dollar a gallon gas and 1,000 dollar electric bills.

Damn it Dave you were not suppose to respond like that. Man I cant afford all this BS. I think Im going to move in with my parents or something. LOL!

DHall1
April 25th, 2010, 03:06
Hedge every position. I can hedge all these friggin taxes without any problem. I feel for the country, the middle class and the lower income folks. It will suck. They asked for it. Nothing comes for free. Learned that at 13 delivering two paper routes to by my Schwinn Stingray.

Damn it Dave you were not suppose to respond like that. Man I cant afford all this BS. I think Im going to move in with my parents or something. LOL!

DHall1
April 25th, 2010, 03:07
Casey,

Why the RS6? Have you driven one?

This is quite amusing on a non sober Saturday night, haha.

FWIW, now that the Predator is out for the SRT8 cars, modding potential has opened up much more than even 2 years ago, but i agree the C5 all around is a much more modable car, and the hp:$ ratio for the RS6 is much better than the 6.1s.

MaxRS6
April 25th, 2010, 03:41
...Learned that at 13 delivering two paper routes to by my Schwinn Stingray.

I think I spotted you a couple weeks ago on my way to the course (true story). I saw this guy's bike and thought immediately about you, and had to take his pic. With that many seats you could have had 7 or 8 routes with a crew.

Edit: Must be a republican bike as each rider must contribute with individual pedals. Other parties would only have a single pedal up front and the riders would have whips and complain about the speed...Owoooo

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/6SeatBike.jpg?t=1272163143

DHall1
April 25th, 2010, 03:53
Jeans and a coat...riding a bike. Hahahahhahahahhaahhahahahhaha

I have kicked cars on the road while riding my bike. The cars were moving and I was moving at the time. Pretty neat trick.

I also pulled off a bug deflector in the middle of a intersection when the stupid truck driver didnt yield and I was 1/2 way thru the intersection on my road bike.

Know the right of way and hold your line. When the idjuits finally realize they are in the wrong and set to pay a large lawsuit...they back off. Dont know if I would do it today but the theory should hold true.

MaxRS6
April 25th, 2010, 03:58
The only problem is if you become a bug on the windshield it is hard to collect.

It does amaze me how close some drivers will come to bikes without giving any thought to moving over and maintaing space. Do they not realize it is a fellow human being on the bike with a heart/soul?? It is almost like they don't give it a second thought and act as if the bike rider is just some sort of inanimate object...Jeesh!

DHall1
April 25th, 2010, 04:08
What is the best defense? Offense

The kick landed on the quarter panel of a Buick when the lady was merging into my lane without looking. Slow speeds around 25 or so. Little risk of injury and the noise it made woke her up real quick. The bug deflector came at a 4way stop and I had right of way when the pickup truck started thru the intersection. I was right in his way. So he stopped and I proceeded to slam my hand on his hood and rip his bug deflector down.

That said, I never ride alone and never ride on narrow roads. For the most part the best road biking is out in rural farm land. Farmers are excellent drivers and never in any hurry to run you over.

The only problem is if you become a bug on the windshield it is hard to collect.

It does amaze me how close some drivers will come to bikes without giving any thought to moving over and maintaing space. Do they not realize it is a fellow human being on the bike with a heart/soul?? It is almost like they don't give it a second thought and act as if the bike rider is just some sort of inanimate object...Jeesh!

GEN XER
April 25th, 2010, 04:11
Man my Granddad had me working at the same age. If you wanted money you had to earn it.

Casey
April 25th, 2010, 13:42
I actually havent driven one. A good friend of mine had a 2.8 A6 a few years ago, he said the motor was problematic but he enjoyed the car a lot. My former boss actually test drove one for me, when I was on a business trip and couldnt, and said it would make a nice replacement for my SRT8, it just "wasnt as brutal" off the line.

As to why, I always loved the look of the C5s, and the 4.2s with the fared fenders were awesome, and the modding potential of the 2.7T always drew me in, and then i discovered the RS6, and certainly 2 turbos on a V8 is better than 2 turbos on a V6 =)

ben916
April 25th, 2010, 15:26
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/DaveRV5-21.jpg

This guy has three hands!

Casey, something about brutal off the line... the SRT8 is searching for traction (which is fun for a while), RS6 isn't.
Also the SRT8 has some bling and ordinary people notice it.
The RS6 is a sleeper until matched up with an eventual victim.

There are car peeps that know cars well and don't know about the RS6.
It's like seeing your first Bugatti or Hemi.... meaning like 1967 -1971 and you are mouth gaped (mine was a 1969 GTX Hemi and was amazed the engine could fit in the engine bay)

Careful of V6 TT, there are some of those nasty GN/GNX with stonk load of straight line speed that will dust any RS6... but then add water/rain... game over!

DHall1
April 25th, 2010, 17:18
Well dude,

You made the best decision ever. I was in the market for a 911TT when the P dealer had one of these on the lot. I drove one for the first time and that was it. Never looked for another 911 again. Took me 7 months to find the right RS6 and been happy ever since. Along the way during my search I found the nicest E55 you could imagine and got that one for my wife. She liked the color. ;-) She had a Supra turbo years ago in that same color combo.

As for the SRT....they dont even come close to the build quality and solid feel on the road. When the RS6 is setup properly it is the most confident sedan on the roads. Road feel is outstanding and the touch gives you the feeling of every pebble on the road. I hope your new ride was setup properly. Just run a quick VAG scan to ensure the boost levels are reaching the proper level.

I actually havent driven one. A good friend of mine had a 2.8 A6 a few years ago, he said the motor was problematic but he enjoyed the car a lot. My former boss actually test drove one for me, when I was on a business trip and couldnt, and said it would make a nice replacement for my SRT8, it just "wasnt as brutal" off the line.

As to why, I always loved the look of the C5s, and the 4.2s with the fared fenders were awesome, and the modding potential of the 2.7T always drew me in, and then i discovered the RS6, and certainly 2 turbos on a V8 is better than 2 turbos on a V6 =)

SAF
April 27th, 2010, 02:28
My personal Welcome:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4555968323_2dd97f34e9_o.jpg

V8weight
April 27th, 2010, 03:37
My personal Welcome:

Awesome, that should be the new logo at the top of the page.

DHall1
April 27th, 2010, 03:56
That is a good one. I like it

ben916
April 27th, 2010, 06:33
My personal Welcome:

Lil Sis needs to be in the background...

Casey
April 27th, 2010, 15:01
That is extremely encouraging to know that you chose an RS6 over a 911 turbo. An E55 or CLS55 was also something i was looking into, but both the rarity of the RS6 and the quattro were huge motivators for me. 4 days and counting!

SAF
April 27th, 2010, 16:38
I'd like to use it as my signature - if we were allowed to have them.

That is a good one. I like it

DHall1
April 27th, 2010, 18:22
I can always pick up a 911tt. RS6 not so. I drove both and it was a no brainer for me.

As it turned out the RS purchase was a wise one. The Audi/Fidelity plans were still offered and I extended the warranty out to 2015 and 100k miles. Cost? 3200 I only have 32k on the car.

That is extremely encouraging to know that you chose an RS6 over a 911 turbo. An E55 or CLS55 was also something i was looking into, but both the rarity of the RS6 and the quattro were huge motivators for me. 4 days and counting!

MaxRS6
April 28th, 2010, 16:46
My personal Welcome:

Very nice!

DHall1
April 30th, 2010, 06:42
Casey

Get the car yet?

Casey
April 30th, 2010, 19:11
Haha thats funny, I just came back on here to update you guys. I have a plane ticket for bright and early 630 AM Saturday morning, and should be back at my temporary-hotel-home in South Carolina by late Saturday night with my new toy :) Pictures (via a Blackberry unfortunately) will follow soon after.

Casey
May 1st, 2010, 00:52
Hey guys btw, how do i switch the post times from military time to regular time? I looked all over the control panel and cant figure it out.

Casey
June 1st, 2010, 20:36
Just run a quick VAG scan to ensure the boost levels are reaching the proper level.

I just got the vagcom software and cable, and i was looking over it yesterday, but I wasnt sure where to go to check the boost levels. I was going to use some of the sonolthic links for reference, but should I just play with it (not change anything) til i find the boost settings?

dreadlocks
June 1st, 2010, 22:29
Open up engine module, select measuring blocks, then you'll want to set the group to 115 then graph/log it while driving.. might want to throw another group in there to show rpm and speed so you can get a good idea later how much boost at what point.

*edit*
I am in same boat as you (except ive had my vag-com for years) and just found this very useful page: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A6/S6/RS6/allroad_(4B)

V8weight
June 1st, 2010, 22:42
I would suggest blocks 002, 003, and 115. You'll then have MAF g/s, timing advance, load, and requested vs. actual boost. Also, don't forget to switch to turbo mode on the vag to increase your data sampling rate.

Casey
June 2nd, 2010, 00:12
Great thanks guys, i appreciate it.

So i set those measuring blocks, and go for a drive with the laptop plugged in and sittin in the passenger seat or something. do i just go for a leisurely drive around, or beat on it?

V8weight
June 2nd, 2010, 00:21
Great thanks guys, i appreciate it.

So i set those measuring blocks, and go for a drive with the laptop plugged in and sittin in the passenger seat or something. do i just go for a leisurely drive around, or beat on it?
Full throttle through 3rd gear. I like to go all the way to 4th, but usually run out of room, as the car shifts to 4th at around 110mph. Turn off the ESP and AC as well.

dreadlocks
June 2nd, 2010, 00:22
keep in mind all my experience comes from vehicles other than a RS6.. didnt know the turbo datasampling worked on these cars.. awesome.

enable logging to a file, sit yer laptop on your passenger floor board, run the cable so its not going to get in the way and then go for a nice drive, dont have to beat on it but let it stretch its muscle... might put it in manual mode and while going pretty slow kick it all the way up into a high gear and then burry the pedal.. it should take off like a dog but it should slowly gain rpm/speed and boost.. this will give you a nice detailed output of a full single gear run.

stop your car and then take a look at the logs, im sure if you graphed it out (any spreadsheet program will do it) and posted it on the forums youd get some feedback from some of these gurus.

-R

V8weight
June 2nd, 2010, 00:36
keep in mind all my experience comes from vehicles other than a RS6.. didnt know the turbo datasampling worked on these cars.. awesome.

enable logging to a file, sit yer laptop on your passenger floor board, run the cable so its not going to get in the way and then go for a nice drive, dont have to beat on it but let it stretch its muscle... might put it in manual mode and while going pretty slow kick it all the way up into a high gear and then burry the pedal.. it should take off like a dog but it should slowly gain rpm/speed and boost.. this will give you a nice detailed output of a full single gear run.

stop your car and then take a look at the logs, im sure if you graphed it out (any spreadsheet program will do it) and posted it on the forums youd get some feedback from some of these gurus.

-R
No offense intended here Ryan, but I guess I don't see the reason to induce turbo lag for a log. My technique as well as others on the board is to start from a roll in first gear and log WOT through 2nd and 3rd gear with ESP and AC off. This way you're not only measuring peak requested vs. actual boost, but also the onset of boost (to isolate intercooler or potential boost leaks). This way you can also catch the operation of the diverter valves and wastegates. If we all stick to a similar logging technique, it's easier to compare and analyze logs to help identify each others problems. Apples to apples. You're spot on with the graphs. Plot requested vs. actual in excel and it's easy to identify problems and narrow it down to certain components.

V8weight
June 2nd, 2010, 00:41
Like this:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/Pat_Eurocharge_Tune_First_Log.jpg

Casey
June 2nd, 2010, 00:46
Great, so requested is what the ECU is telling the turbos to do, and the actual is obviously what they are actually doing? and i want them as close as possible.

dreadlocks
June 2nd, 2010, 00:48
V8weight,
yeah yours makes perfect sense.. I did not catch your post as I was making mine or I'd of probably taken that out. note my disclaimer :)
In my experience these logs arent very high resolution, becomes more of an issue with high powered cars.. I mean WOT to 3rd gear is going to take how long? few seconds of logs with all the blocks loaded up wont have alot to observe. I bet the "turbo" feature helps a ton.. but with 3 groups loaded up how many samples per second are you getting?

I know my VRT, going through all my gears at WOT, even with a single block loaded dont show you very much detail. But its got a standalone sensor system now so I really only use vag for catching timing info.. and im frustrated enough at its lack of detail.. so I like to do long full gear runs when logging [from vag-com], this shows me alot more than a few seconds of ripping ass.

V8weight
June 2nd, 2010, 00:50
Great, so requested is what the ECU is telling the turbos to do, and the actual is obviously what they are actually doing? and i want them as close as possible.
Correct, and if you look closely at the graphs I posted, you can see that the springs I was running in my diverter valves at the time of that log were too light. They were quick to open and release pressure, but too slow to close, so I was dropping too much boost in between shifts.

V8weight
June 2nd, 2010, 00:52
V8weight,
yeah yours makes perfect sense.. I did not catch your post as I was making mine or I'd of probably taken that out. note my disclaimer :)
In my experience these logs arent very high resolution, becomes more of an issue with high powered cars.. I mean WOT to 3rd gear is going to take how long? few seconds of logs with all the blocks loaded up wont have alot to observe. I bet the "turbo" feature helps a ton.. but with 3 groups loaded up how many samples per second are you getting?

I know my VRT, going through all my gears at WOT, even with a single block loaded dont show you very much detail. But its got a standalone sensor system now so I really only use vag for catching timing info.. and im frustrated enough at its lack of detail.. so I like to do long full gear runs when logging [from vag-com], this shows me alot more than a few seconds of ripping ass.
I get approximately 10 samples/sec running 3 blocks at once. I think the sample rate may have just as much to do with the laptop as well?