PDA

View Full Version : Drove buddy's new E55 today!

AvusRS6
September 12th, 2003, 01:37
WOW! This thing is a rocket! Off the line, it will blow our RS6 away...yes even a chipped RS6. I think my car felt like it had stronger mid and upper range power. The E55 has lots of body roll, and the brakes are very mushy.

The power on this car is phenomenal! You can light up the tires at will. We didn't get to go at each other because it was 4PM and no where for a nice open road. His comment was "I'd like to run against you because I haven't come accross a worthy opponent." He said that he feels my car is faster on high end, low end 0-80 this car will smoke the RS6, but we can kill it on turns.

iconcls
September 12th, 2003, 01:41
E55 is crazy straightline fast; Kleeman tuned and they're dangerous fast.

Bauer
September 12th, 2003, 02:08
I have not driven one yet but from the numbers it would have to be a rocket 0 to 60 4.2 sec 1/4 mile 12.2.......what the hell. Merc decided to build a German American muscle car. Fast as hell in a straight line , breaks like crap and handles like an aircraft carrier. Sounds like an american muscle car to me.

luckylady
September 12th, 2003, 05:57
I've driven one...but, I like ours better - that E55 doesnt look as cool! I do like the air conditioned seats and of course the price?:addict:

John Quinlan
September 12th, 2003, 17:32
Blow away! Please a little credit please. I guess it depends whose driving and where. Chipped? That would depend on whose chip and what stage. I have a 62 year old buddy who did 0-60 in the RS6 4.3 and his reflexs are gone. I heard of and maybe you guys can help, a professional driver getting our beast to 3.9. But anyway. Blown away, I think not. I'll take that race any day. Show a little respect!