PDA

View Full Version : Driving back from D.C. sunday...

JSRS6
April 19th, 2010, 23:34
So i've already gotten onto 64 from 95/295. Been on there for awhile. And I am just driving(relative term for us, i know), me and my girl listening to pandora on the iPhone. Then i see something out of the corner of my eye. Its red, chrome, and looks pretty fast. What could it possibly be? A 911 Turbo, not entirely sure of the year, but at least an 05-06. Looked newer though. So i see him get into traffic behind me, fairly close though. So i decide to reel him in, of course. As if by a sign, the left lane opens up for a little ways, then a break, then the right lane is open, then another break in the left. I slide over to tip, staying in 5th. Going about 70, give it a little gas, so he can hear the exhaust. Hook, line, and sinker. He speeds up and get s a couple cars behind me. I floor it, still in 5th of course, and do the slalom that the highway god has set before me. And he is barely able to keep up! A few miles(25 or so) i see him get in the right lane, then the exit lane, and as he passes us in the exit lane, i look over and he has a smile from ear to ear and is giving me a very enthusiastic thumbs up. So of course my girl says "Boys and their toys..." but she is smiling too :-) I guess that is about it. Until next time.

V8weight
April 19th, 2010, 23:48
Ha ha, going straight for the big game.

4everRS
April 19th, 2010, 23:49
hahaha awesome. I want to do that (feet stomping like a child). There is a guy in my town that has a newer carrera 4s (non-turbo of course) that I have been eloquently talking smack to to try to get a race out of him to no avail. Damn it. He may know that I will win.

MaxRS6
April 19th, 2010, 23:55
Too much fun! That is why we all put up with the in-between head aches. The 4 doors, space, and the power are what makes this car a great fit for me at this point in my life with a teen age daughter. I can load up some teen agers to take them to various events, and still have room for the clubs. Recently, took 3 buddies with their golf equipment in the car. How many cars can pack 4 sets of clubs, bags, and adults and get to the tee time early..;0

I'm headed to Texas Motor Speedway next week and looking forward to ripping it around...;0

JSRS6
April 20th, 2010, 00:54
Lol, i am still grinning as i think about yesterday. Still waiting to get a good race out of a supercharged c6 vette on my base. we had an "encouter" one day last week as we were both leaving at the same time. We got to the light after exiting the base, and since it was a nice day and both of us had our windows down, i asked him if it was a Z06. He nonchalantly said, no, its "just" supercharged. So i take off like a regular person at the light, which in the rs6, puts me ahead of him. so he gives it a little more gas to get ahead of me. Needless to say, i responded in kind. He hears this and drops down and goes WOT. I paddle down to third, and gun it. he gets about a car and a half on me. But i dont lose him. I pretty sure he was pissed off/shocked. Its crazy, i have only had the car since the fifth, but i already have 4 good stories. Still have to tell yall about the GT500, and the supercharged S500.

mmaturo
April 20th, 2010, 04:15
Love it. Just wish i had more space this past weekend...older gentleman pulled out his nice early year Ferrari F430 from storage in our spring Chicago weather...on the interstate he did an aggressive lane change and jumped on it in front of me but some guy in a harley followed and blocked me from the first run (was bummed as a big opening and i think would have been more surprising for the guy) he moved then i caught the Ferrari, he jumped on it again and i held with him at the same distance then changed to the lane next to him which was the good move as traffic in front of him slowed first so he had a dark gray 4 door sedan blow by him. He did not appear as amused as i was (and my fiance). No response but straight looking ahead when his lane worked up to mine. : P Oh well. I know he's faster but its fun keeping up.

DonS
April 20th, 2010, 15:01
Great spring stories! Here's mine:

I riled up a bright red C6 Vette with a sweet sounding exhaust the other day. He had the left lane that ended in 500 yards so he gunned her good to ensure he'd be able to get over into my lane. I dragged him for a second in D, but let him in with a gentlemans's car-length of space. We rolled up side-by-side at the next stop light where I rolled my window down to tell him I loved the exhaust note. He thought I wanted to race (umm, okay I guess I did as I dropped to S). He revved the engine and started to spin the tires as the light turned green (excellent timing). I was a split second late as I just mashed the gas. I had him across the intersections and was door to door to 65mph when I backed off (speed limit was 50 with another light coming up). He would have won if he wouldn't have spun the tires, but I'll settle for a tie... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

terrytcl
April 20th, 2010, 16:21
Love it. Just wish i had more space this past weekend...older gentleman pulled out his nice early year Ferrari F430 from storage in our spring Chicago weather...on the interstate he did an aggressive lane change and jumped on it in front of me but some guy in a harley followed and blocked me from the first run (was bummed as a big opening and i think would have been more surprising for the guy) he moved then i caught the Ferrari, he jumped on it again and i held with him at the same distance then changed to the lane next to him which was the good move as traffic in front of him slowed first so he had a dark gray 4 door sedan blow by him. He did not appear as amused as i was (and my fiance). No response but straight looking ahead when his lane worked up to mine. : P Oh well. I know he's faster but its fun keeping up.

i was driving to pick up some stuff for my wife and headed west on lake cook road (to 53 south).
in front of me, there was a SUV and it decided to go straight on lake cook. As soon as the SUV cleared, I saw that there was a F430 in front of me. As we passed over some of the overhead street lights, my head lights picked up the view of the beautiful engine. The ramp to 53 southbound leads to the lane that ends at Dundee road which is about 1.5 miles from the Lake Cook ramp. There were 3 vehicles in front of the F430 and they all merged into the middle lane. The F430 decided to gun it down the right lane to merge into the middle lane in front of the group of vehicles. As soon as he gunned it, a small plume of black smoke comes out and the awesome sound of the engine could be heard. I dropped the hammer in sport mode and gained quickly. I ended up having to let off the gas as I would've rear ended him. As soon as he merged, I merged and then moved to the far left lane. He decided to gun it again and I humbly obliged. There was no traffic in front of us for miles. Immediately, I pulled about 2 car lengths on him. I slowed and he slowed. He pulled up next to me and all I saw was him and his wife looking over. The look on their faces was priceless.

:addict: + Revo = fun :)

for sure I would've gotten my ass handed to me street light to street light

mmaturo
April 30th, 2010, 20:05
Nice spring day on the way to a meeting in the burbs this morning...I merge onto 90/94 right behind a freshly cleaned RS4 same color as me. That made me smile. He doesn't see me at first but already had been playing with another car so he was squirting away...I followed, took out his follower, then he noticed he had literally big brother behind him. He took off in a good opening and I followed. Dead even. Then then lanes went at different rates and i ended up in front of him and got a huge opening and dropped it. He followed....dead even but then i pulled slightly (not sure of speed) before i braked for traffic. Repeat once more. Dead even runs made for thumbs up from each of us (and i guess his wife) and a break from monotony of the rest of the trip stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Still glad i have an RS6 and way more space (than the RS4) from what to me has always seemed rather equal performance.