PDA

View Full Version : Brake pad indicator

MaxRS6
April 19th, 2010, 21:16
Hello all:

My brake pad indicator comes on almost every time I drive the car. I don't have the OEM pads installed as I had the Alcon BBK installed long long ago. Upon restart the indicator goes away. It is annoying having this in the display all the time.

Any ideas? Is there a way to turn off the sensors, or program through Vag-Com to turn off?

TIA

V8weight
April 19th, 2010, 21:19
Is it the brake pad indicator light (the thing with the circle around it) or is it the red symbol (the word "brake")?

MaxRS6
April 19th, 2010, 21:23
It is the circle one. The service tech during last visit suggested just removing all 4 of the sensors since I don't utilize them. I may go with that option as it is at the dealer being serviced for a leaking coolant hose.

V8weight
April 19th, 2010, 21:25
Yeah, I don't remember off the top of my head, But I think if you just unplug them where they connect at the suspension upright the light goes out. If not then maybe they need to be jumped together, but I'm pretty sure they just have to be disconnected.

MaxRS6
April 19th, 2010, 21:35
^ Thanks Pat and I'll discuss with the service tech just to pull them- sounds like an opportunity for some further weight reduction! ;0