PDA

View Full Version : Low mileage one FS in TX

melsas
April 16th, 2010, 02:08
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Audi-RS6-only-12k-miles-496hp-RARE_W0QQitemZ280493329643QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ca rs_Trucks?hash=item414eb48ceb

Got extra HP w/o ecu flash?
Don't believe those are PS2s.

snoopra
April 16th, 2010, 03:03
Lemmon Ave., nice street to setup shop for the stealers:)

SAF
April 16th, 2010, 04:04
" including 4.2L Bi-Turbo V8 Engine producing 496 Horsepower"

Where'd that come from?

JRS-RS6
April 16th, 2010, 05:59
" including 4.2L Bi-Turbo V8 Engine producing 496 Horsepower"

Where'd that come from?

I caught that in the ad too -- three times. Note the picture in the trunk of the GIAC Flash-Programmer to the left of the floor mats.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

And this: "Michelin Pilot Sport tires are practically new with at least 85% tread-life remaining." Umm the pictures are Dunlop's????<O:p</O:p

SAF
April 16th, 2010, 06:07
Plus the odometer picture has the year as 2000.

JRS-RS6
April 16th, 2010, 06:20
Plus the odometer picture has the year as 2000.

Good catch -- you should stop by and have a look at the car. After all you are right down the street (I-35 some what about 450 miles) being 'local' and in Texas let us all know what you think!

Lemmon Ave., nice street to setup shop for the stealers:)

Nice!

Elevens
April 16th, 2010, 15:20
I caught that in the ad too -- three times. Note the picture in the trunk of the GIAC Flash-Programmer to the left of the floor mats.<o>:p</o>:p

Excellent catch JRS-RS6. I would never have got that one, considering I have the same thing for my A6 2.7t. Maybe it does have 496 horse.

peiserg
April 17th, 2010, 17:13
well a couple of things...

tru the tires aren't PS2's, they are dunlops... but they DO have a ton of tread left... so just take the price difference in mind for the PS2's if buying the car... as PS2's cost about $700 installed for just TWO tires (just did my rears last week!) so $1400 for all 4 incl tax, warranty, install, balance, etc

the picture date. pretty sure that isn't accurate. i seriously doubt if the pic is from the year 2000. unless the dealership has that hot tub that time travels... these cars didn't exist in 2000...

SAF
April 17th, 2010, 17:57
LOL that's what I was thinking when I saw it.

V8weight
April 17th, 2010, 18:24
When the battery is unplugged or replaced, the date defaults to the year 2000.

JRS-RS6
April 17th, 2010, 20:38
When the battery is unplugged or replaced, the date defaults to the year 2000.

Is that Y2K issue?

well a couple of things...

tru the tires aren't PS2's, they are dunlops... but they DO have a ton of tread left... so just take the price difference in mind for the PS2's if buying the car... as PS2's cost about $700 installed for just TWO tires (just did my rears last week!) so $1400 for all 4 incl tax, warranty, install, balance, etc

Understood; however, it goes to show that the ad does not accurately represent the vehicle. What other things are not right?

skribe
April 18th, 2010, 02:08
Wow. Looks great to me. :love: The brake caliper logo is still red... that car was garaged for 7 years.
I would want to know history... was it driven a few miles a week for seven years, or 12k in year one and sat for the next six? BIG difference!!!

SAFE4NOW
April 19th, 2010, 17:57
I might find the time to go stop in and say hello..

Anyone really interested in this car?

S

peiserg
April 19th, 2010, 22:59
Well, i see the buy it now is $45k.

Pretty far above market for "average" cars... but this one isn't average.. 12,000 miles is pretty much new.

FWIW i paid $55k for mine in 2007 with 6500 miles. (65 HUNDRED not thousand).

Only issue i see here is potential repairs... warranty, if you could get one, would absolutely seal the deal for me...

I'd certainly ask for proof of the 496hp though. maybe a receipt from the purchase of the software.

anyone recall the thread a while back.. dude bought a car with upgrades... turned out it didn't have any for some reason... though it actually had been paid for (the upgrades) through stratmosphere... so dealer told the truth, but for whatever reason the mod flash was erased..

JRS-RS6
April 20th, 2010, 02:35
Well, i see the buy it now is $45k.

Pretty far above market for "average" cars... but this one isn't average.. 12,000 miles is pretty much new.

FWIW i paid $55k for mine in 2007 with 6500 miles. (65 HUNDRED not thousand).

Only issue i see here is potential repairs... warranty, if you could get one, would absolutely seal the deal for me...

I'd certainly ask for proof of the 496hp though. maybe a receipt from the purchase of the software.

anyone recall the thread a while back.. dude bought a car with upgrades... turned out it didn't have any for some reason... though it actually had been paid for (the upgrades) through stratmosphere... so dealer told the truth, but for whatever reason the mod flash was erased..

I recall the tread but his requested boost appeared above stock. On this car since it has the GIAC Flashloader in the trunk picture I would suggest downloading the instructions on their webpage (very simple instructions as I recall) and using that to verify that it loads. Also a VAG-COM and a good pull should show higher boost levels (115) and MAF total (002 add both together) if it is indeed chipped.