PDA

View Full Version : What's the record for mileage on an OEM DRC?

Bigglezworth
April 13th, 2010, 03:03
Just curious on what is the most mileage someone has put on their OEM DRC system prior to it being changed. I just purchased a second RS6 with a fully documented maintenance history and even though it has received $42K+ of Audi 'love' over the past 7 years, it still has the original DRC..... Before you ask - yes - it isn't leaking and performs properly >ack< In fact my first car still has the original DRC in it also, but I can guarantee it's not working properly in comparing it to the second car I just aquired and also in comparission to another local ride.

Just curious if there are still a few remaining examples out there that are functioning as originally intended. I know there are hundreds that aren't and I know there are hundreds that have received 2, 3, 4, or more replacements and still encounter problems. Just looking for those that are still original.

Thx
Tim

GEN XER
April 13th, 2010, 04:43
According to my records. The previous owner of my car had the DRC replaced around 35K. I had it replaced at 61K. I would not bother with it again. If it takes a dump again I would go PSS9 or KW. This system sucks. KYB tried but failed to revolutionize shocks.

Benman
April 13th, 2010, 20:37
I'm at 57K and still on DRC MkI ... should be changed though.

p3u
April 14th, 2010, 01:10
I'm at 99k and still going strong!

Bigglezworth
April 14th, 2010, 01:46
I'm at 99k and still going strong!Another rare find. lol My gray car lasted until 104K and that's when it started to show the illfated signs. The blue one is 200K+.... >ack<

Jimmy
April 14th, 2010, 13:10
Wow, almost 100K is fantastic !

Mine was done at 82K. I'm really not liking the system too much; perhaps I can't tell if it was done right or not though.

...I think I will switch to a normal set-up of springs and shocks eventually.

Mr Balsen
April 14th, 2010, 20:26
Mine has 84000 miles on it with more than one third with MTM Stage 4+

Fluid has been changed 2 times already. MTM Cooling has been installed has well with MTM Stage 4+