PDA

View Full Version : 600 mile round trip and list of "KILLS"

AvusRS6
September 11th, 2003, 04:11
Drove to NYC from No. VA today and back (damn I'm tired). On the way up, I was actually averaging about 85MPH. On the way up DESTROYED, not beat, but DESTROYED a MB C43, beat a Z06 (good one since we were pretty even from 70 to 90 then buh bye, older E55 (walked away from him pretty easily, was very shocked I beat him so bad).

On the way down, beat up (sorry to do it to our little brother) an A6 2.7T. Couldn't count the car lenghts after 125MPH. Best Kill of all, a Civic, yes a Civic. It was like a GNAT flying around my ear. This guy was relentless.

I've learned that 4th Gear seems to be the strongest pulling gear on my car (yes even stronger than 1st and 2nd...weird). I wish the seats had thigh supports, this long drive really hurt my legs.

2manycars
September 11th, 2003, 18:45
My 20 year old talks like that. How old are you?

Sorry to judge, but just as I tell my child. Driving like that can get you and others killed.

Please keep the racing on the track where it belongs. I have seen too many people killed because they wanted to show the other guy that "their car was faster than the other guys."

I can't imagine that in the NE, where I also live, the roads were nearly empty enough to drive that way safely.

Bauer
September 11th, 2003, 19:26
AvusRS6,

Good stories, It sounds like everyone in town is trying to pick a fight. Thats what will happen when you own a car such as we do. I have had a similar experience with a japaness four banger. Dont know why they even try????:hmm: .

2manycars- I understand your concern as these cars are extremely fast and dont feel that way when you are going a 120mph. It can be decieving with how stable the car is at high speeds. However, the RS6 has the capibilities to get up to 125 and back to 75/80 in very short order which means that the amount of open road that is needed would be less than most other cars. Don't get me wrong on this one the car deserves all of our attenion, respect and a higher degree of saftey when driving it. With that said, I believe you can do more with the car and still have a degree of safety which is needed. Just my opnion....and if you look at other my other posts I do believe in not driving like a jackass in endangering others.

JAXRS6
September 21st, 2003, 03:31
I experienced good thigh support on my drive from MI to CA and back. Try raising the seat plus tilting it back some (for good thigh support), then adjust the back so it's fairly straight up.

As for driving fast, I hope you'll limit it to very low traffic conditions, and if you don't find that on Interstates (which seems likely), explore some back roads til you find what works. Better yet, visit a local drag strip or road course, where the only others who might get hurt are nuts like us.

Road courses aren't always open to the public, but many car clubs (including Audi's) have "driving schools" that include dozens of hot laps on courses with varying curves, often some hills, etc. Generally an instructor will drive at first, then let you drive while he observes, then let you go alone if you're being responsible. More track time than classroom time, in my experience. They are lots of fun & many clubs allow other "brands" to participate. Audiworld.com and audiusa.com have lists of clubs, I think.

Benman
September 22nd, 2003, 04:44
Originally posted by 2manycars
Sorry to judge, but just as I tell my child. Driving like that can get you and others killed.

Please keep the racing on the track where it belongs. I have seen too many people killed because they wanted to show the other guy that "their car was faster than the other guys."

While i'm not condoning street racing let's face it, NONE of of would buy these cars if we were going to drive like grandmas (and mine drives pretty DANG slow:hihi: ). That is the point of having a Beast for a car. No, i'm not saying we should weave in and out of heavy traffic just waiting for an accident but come on. If the roads are open and that doober in the Civic is asking for it then... If we want to drive slow we'll get a 3.0 :cheers:

Ben:addict: