PDA

View Full Version : S5 Clutch Issue?!?

GEN XER
April 10th, 2010, 05:21
http://www.go-audi.com/14729-audi-s5-clutch-pedal-sticking.html

Is this really an issue in the manual trans? If so it would seem that Audi is really doing sub par work and I am exiting stage left.

SAF
April 10th, 2010, 06:58
3rd time... I received a call from the importer with news about my problem ! It is actualy pretty simple... Somehow this problem now is normal ! After they read me a technical text about the operation of the clutch, the text (coming from AUDI) concluded that this is a normal thing to happen due to forces and that everything goes back to normal after the system cools down !!!!!!!!!!!

That is insane.

GEN XER
April 10th, 2010, 07:50
Let me get this straight. You cant build a dependable Auto trans (DSG has issues to), you cant get the FSI and TFSI engines to run without the valves building up tar on them, and now your manual trans in the S5 overheats and its all normal? I must have been born yesterday. Strike three looks like to me.

DHall1
April 13th, 2010, 07:32
I hope your reading Audi.

Another RS owner leaving the fold.

Three letters. BMW M

Ok, that was four letters

Let me get this straight. You cant build a dependable Auto trans (DSG has issues to), you cant get the FSI and TFSI engines to run without the valves building up tar on them, and now your manual trans in the S5 overheats and its all normal? I must have been born yesterday. Strike three looks like to me.

GEN XER
April 13th, 2010, 07:48
I hope your reading Audi.

Another RS owner leaving the fold.

Three letters. BMW M

Ok, that was four letters

You got that right Dave. I know when I'm being greased. Right now all I have is my VW and it is mostly cheap plastic, even in the engine bay. I don't know where to go now. I may just have to lease rather than own. That way I get to give the car back every two to three years and I wont have to worry with maint ever. Wait a minute there is always Honda/ Infiniti that is or Toyota/ Lexus. OMG is it really coming to that? I mean when I have to pull over to let my clutch cool off its getting really bad! LOL!! What was the goal VAG set for new car sales in America? Whatever it is they wont make it, way to many issues with all there product lines. I mean If I buy a S5 and have to have a clutch designed to handle heat because Audi couldn't figure it out then why buy one?