PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Advice....

GEN XER
April 9th, 2010, 03:16
..... on the best medium to use if I wanted to sale my RS6.

V8weight
April 9th, 2010, 03:30
Autotrader? Ebay doesn't seem to be actually selling any cars lately.

GEN XER
April 9th, 2010, 03:49
Thanks V8. I really want the S5 V8, now that I know the RS5 wont have a six speed manual. I don't even want to talk about the DSG.

skribe
April 9th, 2010, 04:01
Et tu, Willie? Next thing I know I'll see a dhall thread to sell his.

Agree with Pat, autotrader.com is the only thing. Cars just don't sell well on eBay anymore for whatever reason. You put it on there, it fails to make reserve, and then you got taint. Ain't nobody like the taint. Better to let it sit on Autotrader for a couple months until you get a fair price. Yes, the S5 is a newer, sexier shape, but I should tell you that I absolutely crushed one at a stoplight drag the other day. Just sayin.

PS: I know you don't need that Kenwood head unit for an S5, I'll give you $800 for it. :applause:

DHall1
April 9th, 2010, 04:09
Fat chance.

I keep my rides 10-15 years.

Still have my 87 Supra turbo out back in the shop. Too nice to let any monkey get hold of it.

Ditto on the RS6. Warranty till 2015 and only 32k miles so far.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVEHA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pnghttp://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/SUPRA%20PICS/IMG_2693.jpg

GEN XER
April 9th, 2010, 04:28
Et tu, Willie? Next thing I know I'll see a dhall thread to sell his.

Agree with Pat, autotrader.com is the only thing. Cars just don't sell well on eBay anymore for whatever reason. You put it on there, it fails to make reserve, and then you got taint. Ain't nobody like the taint. Better to let it sit on Autotrader for a couple months until you get a fair price. Yes, the S5 is a newer, sexier shape, but I should tell you that I absolutely crushed one at a stoplight drag the other day. Just sayin.

PS: I know you don't need that Kenwood head unit for an S5, I'll give you $800 for it. :applause:
Now that's a LOL right there. I can sell it with all the extra's I got for more than I paid for it.

The only problem I have is there are not that many V8 examples out there to chose from. Might have to wait till end of 2010 to allow time for more units to come on the market.

I know the RS6 will beat the S5 but I'm not racing it. Tickets in VA are to costly and reckless driving comes with jail time for the 1st offense in most cases. When I was 20 I wanted the VW Corrado but I had two kids and I could not have it because it was a coupe, well i have three kids and the youngest turns 18 this August, so I am finally losing my back seats and the two extra doors.

RS6VA
April 9th, 2010, 14:41
The car is a dog, all show and no go. Probably one of the bet looking cars around but way underpowered. Better off with an e92 M3, much more care for the $$$. Hands down, no comparison whatsoever.

RS6VA
April 9th, 2010, 14:54
mean "best" looking car

skribe
April 9th, 2010, 14:57
The car is a dog, all show and no go. Probably one of the bet looking cars around but way underpowered. Better off with an e92 M3, much more care for the $$$. Hands down, no comparison whatsoever.

Good point. My brother has an e92 M3 six speed, that car is a friggin' hoot, the V8 just winds up and screams. He's thinking about supercharging it, at which point he will utterly destroy me on the freeway on-ramp on the way to grandma's for thanksgiving. The whole package feels very tight and agile, doesn't have the nose-heavy Audi thing going on. If I didn't need a real back seat I would've been all over it.

I have two friends with S5's, great-looking car that draws all kinds of attention from people who don't know shit about cars (which I find annoying, but some people like, to each his own.) Big contrast to the sleeper nature of an RS6.

RS6VA
April 9th, 2010, 15:29
I had an 08' M3, super car. I would definitely buy another, perhaps SMG this time. If i could change anything it would be more torque. Another 50-75lb ft of torque and that car is untouchable by anything 2x the price. For now, I am enjoying the RS but I get bored quickly. I see a 996TT S in my future.

Jimmy
April 9th, 2010, 18:27
I would think the new Rs5 is a decent car to get to replace an Rs6. Agreed on the S5...not really an impressive ride, but they do have the looks.

996TTs are a great buy today too....

ttboost
April 9th, 2010, 18:30
I would think the new Rs5 is a decent car to get to replace an Rs6. Agreed on the S5...not really an impressive ride, but they do have the looks.

996TTs are a great buy today too....

From people giving them away...

bakes
April 9th, 2010, 18:38
GEN EXR....please post details of your car and asking price...i'm looking for one!!!

Jimmy
April 9th, 2010, 18:39
VERY true there Mike...very true. Depreciation is a beotch.

You going to give yours away or keep it now?

GEN XER
April 9th, 2010, 19:15
Thanks guys but I'm really liking the S5 over the RS5 because it has a 6sp manual. VAG has a bad track record with there automatic transmissions, even the DSG. Now if i could have a 6sp manual RS5 I would jump on it but its not coming. I can always SC the S5 if I need more HP, but I cant get a manual trans for a RS5. I really love the look more than anything else. For those interested in buying PM me for added details.

GEN XER
April 9th, 2010, 19:27
GEN EXR....please post details of your car and asking price...i'm looking for one!!!

Bakes PM Sent

GEN XER
April 23rd, 2010, 02:23
Well I didn't have to use Ebay or Auto Trader their were enough buyers right here. I may have it gone as early as next week or as late as May. I will keep you guys informed on the progress.

GEN XER
April 28th, 2010, 02:06
My RS6 has sold to a forum member. I started this thread 8 APR and it is sold 19 days later. My SRT8 took 2 years.

DHall1
April 28th, 2010, 02:09
Willie,

Sorry and glad for you at the same time. Will you stick around and enjoy the forum?

GEN XER
April 28th, 2010, 02:28
Willie,

Sorry and glad for you at the same time. Will you stick around and enjoy the forum?

Of course I'm staying put. I'm going to need a place to get flamed about my S5 purchase. LOL!!

DHall1
April 28th, 2010, 02:46
Let the flames begin

Max, Pat, SAF, Ben.....calling all the dogs.

S5 owner! Hold it right there. You are stepping into the crazy train.

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/Funny%20pics/Apache-1.jpg?t=1272419515

GEN XER
April 28th, 2010, 02:47
Crazy Train Ahead!!!

GEN XER
April 28th, 2010, 02:52
Let the flames begin

Max, Pat, SAF, Ben.....calling all the dogs.

Just so you know I am going a totally different route on my GTI. Instead of building the 2.8L I am buying a 2008 (0) mile R32 motor. I am putting this engine in my Mk4 with a stand alone fuel management system. It does not stop there. I am also boosting the thing. Stupid power and Stupid fast.

DHall1
April 28th, 2010, 02:56
I passed a C6 A6 avant on the way home from Phoenix today.

White with tinted windows.

I just sat there and dreamed of the C6 RS6 avant for about 3 minutes. Damn it Audi! Come on people give us the good stuff.

mmaturo
April 28th, 2010, 04:52
No flames here...i had to pass on the Phantom Black loaded to the gills S5 I ordered early last year as dealer backed out on trade in price on my RS when the car showed up...they sold the S5 the same day...I still think that was their plan all along. Going to wait for RS5 and add an R8 I hope one day to replace the RS6. Or yep if only Audi had sent the C6.

ben916
April 28th, 2010, 17:00
under cover shot .....

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20892-Paint-issue-on-6-month-old-Audi-S5

GEN XER
April 28th, 2010, 17:09
Ben that is some funky looking paint. It looks like the paint pigment separated out under the clear coat.

DHall1
April 28th, 2010, 17:12
negative ghost rider.

Mineral deposits and paint etching. Nothing wrong with the Audi paint.

Wet sand and polish from a professional is needed for that car. That thread over there just how misinformed that forum is.