PDA

View Full Version : ECS Tuning Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines NEW FS

terrytcl
April 7th, 2010, 23:53
I bought these, but they require slight modification to the hardline to brake line bracket.

decided against any modifications, but the modification required is very slight. I'm just not game for it.

anyways, the set, front and back with new crush washers, are forsale -

brand new - never mounted. i'm trying to return them back to ECS, but they are super slow at providing me with an RMA.

so, if anyone wants them before I get an RMA number from them... $130 shipped.

they are $132.83 on ECS tuning, but that's without the shipping cost.

again, brand new. the front lines were removed from original packaging, but the rear lines are still in original packaging.

V8weight
April 8th, 2010, 00:08
Impeccable timing, I just installed mine last week. Oh well. To anyone considering, they're really a well made set of lines, no noticeable improvement in braking, but hey, they look cool. Definitely a good piece of mind if you are due for a brake fluid flush anyway.

Amulet-S6
April 8th, 2010, 03:02
Thanks for the reminder. I've had a set sitting in my basement for a year... Can't even remember what "slight modification" was needed.
What was the mod? Remind me so I can have them installed.

vangelis
April 8th, 2010, 07:27
I got that kit from ECS and it was plug and play, no modification what so ever was required. Its even called (Exact-Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines). these lines has exactly same specifications as OEM retaining all stock mounting points and grommets.

http://img.ecstuning.com/product_library/14681/300/Exact-Fit%20Stainless%20Steel%20Brake%20Lines%20-%20Kit%20.jpg

http://img.ecstuning.com/product_library/14684/300/Exact-Fit%20Stainless%20Steel%20Brake%20Lines%20-%20Kit%20.jpg

JRS-RS6
April 8th, 2010, 12:37
Did these to mine with Pat.

Essentially no modifications were needed; however, for the front caliper the stock retaining clip had to be bent out slightly, insert the new line (groove closest to connection on thick part to get everything to align) and bend it back to orginal. No big deal really with a bench vise and pair of vice grips it took all of 30 seconds per side to do. The rears do not have the "square" block that the originals have and are round instead. They bolted into place with no issues; however, on the orginals the block sets next to a pin to prevent any possibility of rotatation. If something were up in the wheel well far enough to put the kind of pressure on this line to cause it to rotate it would most likely sever the line along with damaging other things as well -- (i.e. I see the lack of the block as a non issue because one would have way bigger problems if this scenario where to happen).

Ditto on Pat's comments: "they're really a well made set of lines, no noticeable improvement in braking, but hey, they look cool. Definitely a good piece of mind if you are due for a brake fluid flush anyway."

In fact I don't think I could have put it much better except maybe to add that the color works well with the black calipers and red RS Logo on them not that I am an exterior decorator by trade but it definitely looks cooler than stock.