PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have or know where to get a short block or long block for my 03 rs6?

RSSIK
April 7th, 2010, 03:28
resonable prices please. i know a few people out there have them for sale but they are outrageous prices. i mail need the short block but wont mind a long block. thanks for all. anyone can pm me @ bige27dy@aol.com with any information.

V8weight
April 7th, 2010, 03:39
My beast is...

Mugello Blue with Black int. no nav i just got it a few months ago 20k orig miles. 1 owner. this baby is still new.
What happened?

V8weight
April 7th, 2010, 03:44
Wait a minute, did you buy this? Oh boy.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/8578-WUAPV64B53N905410-640-17.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/8578-WUAPV64B53N905410-640-2.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/8578-WUAPV64B53N905410-640-1.jpg

RSSIK
April 7th, 2010, 03:49
WOW u have more pics than i do. i guess you looked at it? why did u say oh boy??

DHall1
April 7th, 2010, 03:59
Mr Pat is our resident certified ICAR master body tech.

When he says oh boy.....you better back up the $hit hauler.

j/k

Is the block cracked?

V8weight
April 7th, 2010, 04:04
Mr Pat is our resident certified ICAR master body tech.

When he says oh boy.....you better back up the $hit hauler.

j/k

Is the block cracked?
This car's been floating around the net for 6 months. If you look closely, the oil cooler was right in the front line of damage. What's that say for the transmission?

RSSIK
April 7th, 2010, 04:06
no the block isnt cracked. but i dont want to put new shells in the connecting rods if the rods were somewhat scratched but the crankshaft and also i dont want to be replaceing the crankshaft because thats 2gs alone. i cant check compression on the motor until i get the shells on.. so its kinda me being stuck in a circle. it sucks. so i figured id try n start from scratch n get a dif motor and hope for the best.

RSSIK
April 7th, 2010, 04:13
actually that dealer had that car for almost 4 years. but it doesnt look damaged. i didnt necessarily spend that much time looking at it that closely but i didnt see any damage to it. its still on the lift ill have to take another closer look at it tom.

V8weight
April 7th, 2010, 04:24
WOW u have more pics than i do. i guess you looked at it? why did u say oh boy??
I didn't mean to alarm you, I merely said "oh boy" because it looks like a substantial project. I got the pics from an ad when it was listed awhile back. You're right to consider just replacing the entire short block, there are just too many unknowns when an engine has been starved for oil. As I said in an earlier post, the engine/transmission oil cooler is right in the line of fire and appears to be damaged. I would anticipate transmission damage as well if this was the case.

V8weight
April 7th, 2010, 04:39
Look up the board member "Steveken" and shoot him a pm. He has an RS6 long block that he was contemplating selling a while back. I'm not sure if it's still for sale though as I believe he was using it for R&D for his 6 speed swap.

ben916
April 7th, 2010, 04:52
i immediately thought of this EXACT car when I saw the headline of the post thread...

RSSIK
April 7th, 2010, 04:54
Oh, ok. that worried me. yea i kind of figured that. i know of a place that has 3 motors for sale. i never asked if they had trannies but im almost positive they have @ least 2 or so. supposedly theyve sold alot of motors and still have 1 with almost the same miles mine had. but its expensive. i may end up going that way though because @ least i know theyll stand behind their parts. i thought about the trans thing but im just hoping that i get lucky.

ben916
April 7th, 2010, 05:01
what about the boys across the pond?

RSSIK
April 7th, 2010, 05:02
i spoke to steveken but he said he took it down for whatever reasons, and he never checked compression. he doesnt have the flex plat or fly wheel to be able to test compression. so i would love to get it from him im just not too sure on how dependable it would be and thinkin it may be worth it if i get the one with 20k for a lil more instead of his that has 55k. if im wrong or dont make sense please id truly like to hear someone else's take on it. i know wicked motorsports out in LA has a long and short block. he wont sell the long block but wants over 4 grand for just the short block. thats more than stevken wants. it wayy too much.

RSSIK
April 7th, 2010, 05:04
i wouldnt know who to contact or trust. i would think theyd be alot cheaper out there but i dont know who to directly contact out there and im not sure if ill have any probs using my bolt ons with it bc the us spec may be a lil dif for certain things.

DHall1
April 7th, 2010, 05:28
Are you out east? Shokan(sp) auto parts. Did you check there?

Oh, ok. that worried me. yea i kind of figured that. i know of a place that has 3 motors for sale. i never asked if they had trannies but im almost positive they have @ least 2 or so. supposedly theyve sold alot of motors and still have 1 with almost the same miles mine had. but its expensive. i may end up going that way though because @ least i know theyll stand behind their parts. i thought about the trans thing but im just hoping that i get lucky.

RSSIK
April 8th, 2010, 07:29
yea they have 1 but they want 7 gs shipped. new block is 9 grand. make sense?

JRS-RS6
April 8th, 2010, 12:47
Hi dynasty23,

I see this as a simple economics issue. The BCY Engine is rare and demand is relatively low. When supply and demand are low for ultra high tech "luxury" items cost is high.

I am not really sure you will find many better deals. Used you never know what you are getting. Is 2 grand extra for new with a warranty worth it? That's your call. Fortunately I bought a car that was running fine, low mileage, no accidents, that had its first TB done by the dealer and purchased an extended warranty with it.

If this car lost cooling oil the block is only the first issue. A short block doesn't cover the heads and turbos which if oil starved will potentially be damaged too.

Christian-
April 8th, 2010, 14:59
Indeed. And I think the 9k "new" price is *just* for the block - not a short block. If WMS wants $4k for the short block, I'd probably take it. Better to buy from a reputable shop than an individual, IMO.

SteveKen
April 8th, 2010, 19:15
I sent you an email to follow up on this. Sorry for the confusion about my RS6 engine. Any price I quoted you was for the long block, not the short block.

Steve

Shoppinit
April 9th, 2010, 17:13
Maybe you'd be better off parting out the car and getting a running one?

ttboost
April 9th, 2010, 17:33
Maybe you'd be better off parting out the car and getting a running one?

I feel the same way. I went to see this car and it was tempting, as it was/is in awesome condition as a low mileage car would be. I had fears about the motor and resisted the urge to grab it. Some "deals" just aren't deals. I'm glad I waited...

grizz
April 10th, 2010, 07:41
I've got a spare low milage block , comes with sump and front cover. £2000

grizz

JRS-RS6
April 20th, 2010, 14:01
Did you try: http://www.everdrive.com/partdetails_V1.aspx?sku=5002671 (ad was a banner at the top of the sign in page).

JRS-RS6
May 29th, 2010, 03:44
Here is one: http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-RS6-V8-BI-TURBO-2003-MOTOR-engine-/370383067508?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item563c8d1974

ben916
May 29th, 2010, 04:12
Here is one: http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-RS6-V8-BI-TURBO-2003-MOTOR-engine-/370383067508?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item563c8d1974

www.google.com/translate

Aronis
May 31st, 2010, 02:48
Sorry, I have to ask! What do you mean by Long Block vs Short Block? Thanks, Mike

ben916
May 31st, 2010, 03:28
Long block is with block/crank/cylinders/heads

Short block is with block/crank/cylinders/ NO HEADS

Aronis
June 1st, 2010, 19:31
thank you for clarifying!