PDA

View Full Version : New "My Audi Journey" Video

andyp
September 10th, 2003, 19:19
Helmet S., Head of RS 6 production is the latest interview posted on the My Audi website. A couple of quotes I found interesting:

"If you are driving down the Autobahn you could accelerate and leave most Porsches behind"

"the acceleration, if you really push it, might scare you at first"

- anybody willing to admit to being scared by the acceleration? It's fast, but not THAT fast. However, the feeling of competence and security the RS6 induces can have you finding yourself halfway round a corner going faster than you planned. That can bring on the adrenalin ...

Ra5a
September 10th, 2003, 19:53
if you have been driving an a6 2.4 the last 3 years and you get into an rs6 and push it all the way..
believe me..
you will be scared..
:)

but if youve been driving an 911 turbo you might ont be as scared..

andyp
September 10th, 2003, 20:02
Ra5A: I see your point. Must be different not having to push the accelerator to the floor all the time too :D

peterb
September 10th, 2003, 23:52
Originally posted by andyp
...finding yourself halfway round a corner going faster than you planned. That can bring on the adrenalin ...
Indeed! I don't think I'd ever encountered the Devil's Punch Bowl before, but I was driving northwards towards Guildford on the A3 last Sunday - it's disconcerting how the corner keeps on tightening. Luckily I wasn't going too fast, and the RS6 was more than up to the task, but I suspect that the Peugot 506 driver who was following me may have needed a clean set of underwear!:devil:

AvusRS6
September 11th, 2003, 04:14
I don't know...after the Chip and Exhaust, I will admit that in 4th gear after 3K RPM and pedal to the ground, I get scared as if I can't control the car. The car thrusts forward so hard (could it be because this is my first turbo car?). When car was stock 4th gear didn't push this hard.