PDA

View Full Version : ECS is selling XM & Sirius Audi satellite modules for $34.95.

hahnmgh63
April 6th, 2010, 21:46
They will have to be the later models if you have RNS-E for them to work. Later models will work with RNS-E or Symphony but the earlier model Satellite boxes only work with the Symphony, not the RNS-E. They will turn on but will not let you select channels.

V8weight
April 6th, 2010, 22:35
That's too funny. I sold the XM module out of my car a few weeks ago for $150.

hahnmgh63
April 7th, 2010, 01:47
Yea, I paid around $300 new for my unit a couple of years ago when I needed to upgrade from the old Sat unit to the newer one when I installed the RNS-E.

vangelis
April 7th, 2010, 13:31
Is this unit will work only in US? or can work even here in Middle East? What does it do actually?

mmaturo
April 7th, 2010, 20:27
Yea, I paid around $300 new for my unit a couple of years ago when I needed to upgrade from the old Sat unit to the newer one when I installed the RNS-E.

Ditto for my first one for the RNSE, and sold my old original one for $100. Fortunately 2nd one came with RNSE with no extra cost.

Holiday
April 8th, 2010, 03:58
They will have to be the later models if you have RNS-E for them to work. Later models will work with RNS-E or Symphony but the earlier model Satellite boxes only work with the Symphony, not the RNS-E. They will turn on but will not let you select channels.

Just ordered mine- thanks for the heads up Hahn! That's a steal...

peiserg
January 26th, 2011, 00:00
hey guys... is this all i need for a satellite radio setup in my otherwise stock head unit? I do have an amp running a sub, but otherwise... stock stereo.

and is install hard or diy?

JSRS6
January 26th, 2011, 00:22
Ask nistah how long it took me to install his. Under 2 minutes. And yes, it's all you need. And a subscription.

nistah
January 26th, 2011, 02:35
Ask nistah how long it took me to install his. Under 2 minutes. And yes, it's all you need. And a subscription.

JSRS got my sirius box hooked up in my trunk in like one minute and thirty seconds, sweet bonus during the mid atlantic meet. THANK YOU!!!

Btw bought mine on ebay earlier this month for $50 with free shipping. The previous owner must have not canceled the service because the satalite radio was working for several days before it cut out & I had to call sirius to switch to my name account.

mmaturo
January 26th, 2011, 02:39
I have had an RSNE/XM module that i bought for 3 years now and still have XM service....I have yet to have the last owner's service stop and me switch it.

ben916
January 26th, 2011, 03:03
I have had an RSNE/XM module that i bought for 3 years now and still have XM service....I have yet to have the last owner's service stop and me switch it.

That is funny as I had Sirius for 8+ months and then it mysteriously didn't work the next day...

bcbeast
January 26th, 2011, 03:37
ECS tuning right? I'm not seeing it on there but want one asap. Do you have the part#... or a link? Thanks

bcbeast
January 26th, 2011, 06:18
Did a little research and ECS has discontinued the part. Europa parts has it on sale, just ordered one. Heres a link.... http://www.europaparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=8E0+035+593

jimmy94507
February 6th, 2011, 19:02
I was at my dealer in N. Scottsdale. Audi has stuff on closeout. They looked up the part, closeout price for $39.95. Should receive it next week. If I encounter a problem with it they will take it back.
Regards, Jimmy S.

hahnmgh63
February 6th, 2011, 21:27
Everyone keep in mind that these Satellite module being sold on closeout are the old ones that will work with the stock radio but will not work if you have upgraded to RNS-E or if you plan to upgrade sometime.

GEN XER
February 7th, 2011, 02:07
I still have the Symphony III unit.

peiserg
February 7th, 2011, 04:55
Guys, i ordered the ecs unit for $34 and it works great. actually took about 15 mins to install due to my water injection pump making it hard to get to the cabling, but realistically no one else has that pump there... so 60 second install would be the norm i'd expect.

ttboost
February 7th, 2011, 22:57
Just ordered one from ECS. $44.95 to my door. They are in Ohio...

ttboost
February 10th, 2011, 21:33
Grrrr.... called and ordered on the 7th and was told they had PLENTY in stock. Just shipped today!!! Not happy...

hahnmgh63
February 11th, 2011, 00:24
ECS is notorious for being slow, or not having in stock an item once they've told you they have it.

ttboost
February 11th, 2011, 00:59
ECS is notorious for being slow, or not having in stock an item once they've told you they have it.

Well then, they have NOT let me down...

Stephencl
February 11th, 2011, 04:33
guys, is this the unit that works with RNS-E, or just the standard head unit?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

hahnmgh63
February 11th, 2011, 04:58
Only with the standard head unit, that is why they are on closeout as the newer ones work with the stock head units & with RNS-E. It will be a few years until you see closeouts on the units that work with RNS-E.

ttboost
February 14th, 2011, 23:03
Guess what showed up today

JSRS6
February 15th, 2011, 00:43
It looks soooo familiar...